July 30, 2014 | 1859 users online

Polishes - Sephora - Sephora by OPI - Mermaid To Order

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by peacegirl23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I waited all summer last year to get this color (it was consistently sold out at my Sephora) and when I finally got it, it didn't disappoint.
(-) Expensive - it was $9.. even more than regular OPIs
(+) The color it comes out as is different than what is in the bottle, but it's still lovely. A gorgeous tealy-gold shimmer. Mine never came out looking green - it was definitely teal, but not as dimensional and lustre-y as in the bottle.
(+) Long lasting. This stuff lasted easily 7 days without touch ups or chipping.

I'm glad it isn't "limited edition" as they advertised in case I run out. I wear it on my toes because it looks great with a tan :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Though I really like the color, I don't think it matches whats in the bottle. However, it lasts on my toes and has a great metallic finish to it that is very nice. I store my polishes in my refrigerator to keep them from separating, so I can't really say if this polish will get gunky too fast, but so far I like it and will use it more in the summer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 4:27:00 AM More reviews by babsvs

This color is so beautiful in the bottle, and I thought it would be good for summer pedicures. Was I ever wrong. I felt like I had shamrocks on my toes. The color does change depending on the light, but it never looked as pretty as it does in the bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by JSH812

Wow.......I lusted over this color for so long, but didn't buy it because I knew I couldn't wear it to work. Well, long story short, I bought it and OMG - it's awful. The color in the bottle is not what you get when you paint your nails.......I feel like I'm caught in between trying to be Kermit the Frog and Ariel the Little Mermaid. It might be ok if you had the right outfit - but for me.... this is a nailpolish fail. It just looks wrong, wrong, wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Kiradris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a pretty metallic teal! When the light hits it I can definitely see the gold reflective quality. Though it seems like more of a summer color, I'm enjoying wearing it right now in November.

This polish applies very well, no streaking, and dries on its own quickly. Like someone below said, one coat would be sufficient, but two adds more depth.

It is a tad on the pricey side, which is the only negative. I would probably buy another Sephora OPI color in the future, but I would need the color to be fantastic in order to justify the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by kristaoz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I waited all summer to get this as the Sephoras near my house were sold out the whole time and I didn't wanna order only nail polish online. When I got my own, I realized I just love the color. I think it's gorgeous and is the main reason I bought it. As others have said, the color in the bottle is not exactly what comes out on your nails.. so it is a little bit of a let down.. though the teal+goldish green that you get is absolutely divine.
(-) Price is more expensive than regular OPI
(+) Great color when you put it on. You only need one coat to have full coverage, and if you add another it only adds more dimension to the color.
(+) Long lasting -- probably lasted for 5-6 days on my nails without chipping at all!
Would definitely get it again! I'll be so sad when my bottle runs out!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by emwo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a little disappointed in this color. In the bottle, the color is soooo pretty. Its teal with gold, purple and dark blue shimmer. On the nails, however, its a flat metallic teal. Still pretty, but not as unique and complex as is is in the bottle. very misleading

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This such a unique color--a beautiful teal peacock color. Only one coat is needed for a completely opaque finish. The price is a bit expensive at $9. Usually OPI nailpolishes are $8.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by carat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's such a fun colour. I only put it on my toes, seeing as the colour seemed a little strong with my skin tone as well I'm not sure how wearable it is in the office. (At least it's a little much for my office). It went on well, but I didn't find it lasted as long as other nail polishes I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is such a pretty, unique color! I always get compliments when I have it on. It's a gorgeous blue/green/hint of purple that shimmers and changes colors in different lights. I love it! As for wear, I don't feel that it stays quite as well as my regular OPI colors, but I can still get about a week out of it by using a good base coat and seche vite top coat. I don't normally keep polish on my fingers longer than that since my nails grow out and show a gap at the bottom anyway. I've never had a problem with the cap, I actually like that it's a little longer and easier to hold than most other brands.