July 29, 2014 | 1757 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - Flawless Definition mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by TeaGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product after reading some of the great reviews about it but I can't say that this product ever really worked for me.

The Good
It definitely created very dark, black lashes on me which I liked and the mascara also didn't flake after a few hours.

The Bad
Since I have sparse lashes they tended to clump together as they would become really sticky. Once the mascara dried, it would go very hard and my lashes would feel plastic.

I found the mascara to be very wet and I always had to be really careful when applying it. For me the tiny thin brush was just really awkward to use. The thin spikes would sort of poke me when I tried to apply it really close to the lash-line and my eye would just blink uncontrollably creating a horrid mess.

I wouldn't buy it again because of the price I paid and how little use I got out of it. I just found it recently in my makeup drawer and it had gone off (horrid smell).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by lynsey_stoner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on about my 7th one of these mascaras. It gives great definition whilst still thickening and lengthening lashes. No little black bits falling down throughout the day, no smudges. Would recommens Bare Escentuals flawless definition mascara over their foundation any day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I think this has fair advertizing it volumizes and lengthens for a natural look. You can layer it a little and it doesn't bother my eyes. The definition is pretty good, not perfect but still nice. Only downside is it can take the natural curl out of my lashes a bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

This is an HG mascara for me. I also love Buxom Lashes, but for different reasons. Like others have said, it doesn't clump, flake or smudge. Why it is so difficult to make a mascara that doesn't is beyond me, but it's incredibly rare to find one that does - and also gives big, full, dramatic lashes.

The design of this wand is quite brilliant. It sort of "catches" at the bottom of the lashline, and has short bristles, so it manages to deposit a lot of product at the base of the lashes, acting almost like a layer of eyeliner.

It gives major definition to the eye this way, in a way no other mascara I've ever used does. I'm generally not a fan of rubberized mascara wands, but BE has perfected them, and for now I'm a convert.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by white05mustang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a go-to mascara (Ulta Legendary Lengths) and it isn't too expensive. I managed to catch this mascara at a great price (around the same as my Ulta macara) so I thought what the heck? I'll try it out. I was not so impressed. It did not make my lashes clump and it did lengthen and separate my lashes... at first. It did not do a better job than my go to mascara, though. It also dried out REALLY fast. I would say my tube dried out in less than two months and I always get my full three from my Ulta mascara. If I am going to pay almost $20 for mascara, I want my full three months of use. I would use it again if I caught it for a super great price or if it came in a kit, but there is no way I would pay full price for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by travelbugaf3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

By far, the best mascara I've ever worn. I swore I would always stick with drug store mascara. . . but this baby changed my mind. I can't wear anything else now. No clumps, no smudges, no flaking-- easy to apply and still looks perfect 12 hours later. It's worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought this mascara nearly 3 weeks ago while looking for a black waterproof mascara by a cruelty free company. I really wanted the waterproof formulation cause I really detest when my mascara runs and this, true to its word is waterproof. I've worn this while crying and it hasn't ran at all. The colour of this mascara is highly pigmented and is a very dark black. The formulation is neither dry or watery but somewhere in between which is a consistency which can work for all lash types so it is very versatile. The mascara also gives more of a natural lash look and doesn't build up easily.What I didn't like about that mascara is besides it being waterproof, I did notice that it smudged a little bit and left a tiny bit of black under my eyes. Also, the bristles on the brush were so fine and close together they made my lashes clump. I have mixed feelings about this mascara, I don't love it or hate it. I probably would repurchase it if needed but I'd rather continue my search for the best mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in the waterproof version and adore it. This mascara really does define my lashes and makes them seem so much more longer and doll-like than they are. I have no problems with flakiness or smudging. Only issue is it's a pain to get off with my eye makeup remover lotion, but I'll deal as its the best mascara I've tried so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by GoblinGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a good mascara for daytime. I love the brush! It separates the lashes really well and reaches all the tiny lashes in the corners. No clumping at all! It doesn't give much volume but the result is longer, separated and natural lashes. I have this in both black and brown (espresso). I prefer espresso even if I am a brunette, it gives such a nice color. I don't use this mascara on a party or a night out but it is perfect for daytime. (I prefer a mascara with little more volume and oomph if I am going to a party).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by fairlyblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this mascare with my Bare Escentuals starter kit, and I was really excited to try it out. I wasn't sure how I felt about it the first time, so I continued to use it, and found out that I really didn't like it. The consistency is VERY wet, so it doesn't feel like its dry, so I always felt like my lashes were weighed down. The wand has very small bristles, but also has a lot of them. I thought that it made my lashes look like spider lashes, and I was always wiping off the wand (BIG waste of money and product), because I felt like there was WAY too much product on each individual lash. I know some people really love this mascara, but it just didnt work for me.