August 21, 2014 | 1998 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by idie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I came across this foundation - I have spent a lot of money trying to find one that works for my skin. I LOVE this foundation. Don't need a lot of it and great for day to day. I do find i have to touch up during the day due to some oil shine but otherwise it's a great foundation. Think I may have found my HG finally!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

I don't use this as foundation. I use it to pigment my moisturizer. I use philosophy acne lotion, squeeze it in an old clinique jar, add a jar of this powder, shake the crap out of it and voila! Oil absorbing, acne treating, covering, tone correct, spf moisturizer. I do this twice a year. Once in golden light for winter and golden medium for summer. I usually apply estee lauder double wear over this and use my concoction as a primer and its perfect.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by wenqing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've had so many jars of bareminerals. even when i was having reactions due to experimenting with some new product, it doesn't further irritate my skin, actually i think it sooths and helps the skin to heal for itself a lot faster. oddly i never experienced itching or irritated skin problems many peaople have with it since i have sensitive skin. now since i know better skin care wise i have pretty much clear skin, i actually appreciate bareminerals more. the original version looks completely invisible on the skin with one or two layers and still offers medium coverage, but after 5 to 6 hrs it always melts away around my nose and mouth. the matte one doesn't do that, it holds on for the whole day, but it can look a little powdery. same shade name but matte is a bit darker. the sifter/lock thing on the packaging is genius, completely prevents the powder from spilling out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

I've purchased this several times already, but always find myself using it for one month at a time and then stopping. I have a weird relationship with this foundation. Sometimes I like it and sometimes it's complete crap. Almost all the times I've used this it has made me orange by the end of the day. This stuff is okay if you need to wear makeup in the sun, only because of the sun protection and because it's waterproof. But I don't think I'll ever purchase it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by vah29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very mixed feelings about this foundation. I have very fair skin so I am usually the lightest foundation shade, but the shade Light is far too pink. I hate when fair makeup is a salmon pink shade instead of just being a nice, natural, beige fair color. I have oily skin so I got the matte formula, but my face still gets very greasy with this makeup on. I get shiny, the makeup melts away, and I have to blot and reapply often (like several times a day). Yet when I reapply, the makeup has a dry, powdery finish that clings to pores. It doesn't cover redness around my nose and I still need concealer. It wears off very quickly and pretty much completely disappears even if I haven't been doing anything that should cause my makeup to rub off.

What I do like about this is the ease of application. I love buffing the powder on with a kabuki brush because it is so fast and easy, so it's a nice change from blending in liquid foundation every day. It feels very light and looks nice the first time I apply it in the morning despite not covering as well as I'd like, but it looks like a mess within a couple of hours. Also, the black matte lid on the packaging gets powdery fingerprints stuck to it with every use and powder gets all over my table despite being careful to swirl and tap it in the lid.

Overall, I don't hate it and if I could find a fair enough color that isn't pink I would probably repurchase this just to have something very quick and convenient to put on in a rush. However, since the color isn't great for me and it doesn't wear well I don't plan on repurchasing. I recommend Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua for a very light, invisible feeling foundation that lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Jessstones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried a million different foundations in the past but have been faithful to BareMinerals matte foundation for a couple years now. I have incredibly oily skin with red patches, big pores and some adult acne. I initially was hesitant to try BareMinerals because I didn't think it would give me enough coverage. It actually gives me plenty of coverage. I use this along with the Mineral Veil and it looks awesome. My only gripe is I wish I could find it in a bigger container because I can go through one of these in about a month and a half. Other than that I would definitely recommend this! It is a little pricey but totally worth every penny. I live in Florida and when I wear most liquid foundations I feel like towards the end of the day the make up is sliding all over my face. With the BareMinerals I do just one touch up mid day (I like TheBalm Sexy Mama anti-shine translucent powder) & the BareMinerals matte keeps me looking fab.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by jeca357

for u girls who are saying that this product breaks u out: it might not be this product that breaks your skin out IF this product is not the only product/makeup u are applying on your skin.
It takes time for our skin to get used to something that is completly new and unfamiliar to our skin. And if u are using more than one product, each one consisting 10 (some even 20-30) different ingredients, then u can't be 100% that it's from one(++) of the ingredients that is to be found in this powder.
a good tip could be : use for example this product, AND THIS PRODUCT ONLY (no primers, moisturizers ect.), for about 3-4 months, and then see after a few months how your skin reacts to this product...if it's still breaking u out, then there is something in this powder your skin does not stand...

and something else important if u have acne-prone skin and using a brush: wash your brush every single day so u are sure that brushes are not the ones causing your skin to break out

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I was disappointed with this product!
On the Sephora website the reviews are almost all 5 stars. But this left my skin very oily mid-day so i don't really understand where the "matte" part comes in?
I do think the coverage is very natural though, so if you have normal skin this would be an amazing powder!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by mariejames97

DO NOT BUY THIS if your skin is sensitive/acne prone and gets kind of oily.
This foundation may irritate the crap out of your skin if you get allergic to the bismuth.
It made my skin 10 times more oily. If your skin can handle the bismuth, I would say you're really lucky because this may be the best mineral foundation if it wasn't for the bismuth..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by calliopemusic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have pretty oily skin and some funky undertones, and this stuff made me look chalky by the end of the day, almost like I was wearing a mask! I think it was the SPF in it - titanium dioxide seems to do that to my skin.

I did enjoy that I could build the coverage though. Some days I went lighter, some days heavier. I never had an issue with application, that was pretty easy. However, I definitely needed to put on a primer first or the makeup would slide right off.

I'd probably buy again if I couldn't find anything better.