October 1, 2014 | 1254 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Charshie

I purchased Bare Minerals because I was tired of breaking out every time I wore a liquid foundation. While I have thankfully not seen an increase in breakouts while using this product, I can't see myself continuing to use it any more.

Pros:

- Did not aggravate or cause acne
- I didn't mind the packaging or the application process.

Cons:

- The coverage is absolutely awful. I have combination skin that is prone to acne, but my acne is not extreme. I typically have 3-4 smallish problem spots at any given time. This foundation not only does not cover them unless I HEAP on the product, but it looks extremely cakey even with minimal application and emphasizes absolutely any dry spot into ridiculousness. I have very youthful looking skin for the most part but this stuff makes me look like a wrinkly old woman.

- Expensive.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

Amazing product! Does not have talc and parabens which is really hard to find. Doesn't make me break out, looks very natural. Makes me look like I have perfect skin and doesn't look cakey. The only downside is the packaging, you cant just pop it out of your bag and apply, you need a separate mirror, tap and swirl. But its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by ktey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wouldn't be without this foundation. I am extremely prone to acne and this has helped me through my teenage years. My acne has been present for a number of years purely because of the age I'm at, and this is one of the few things I have found that doesn't exasperate it. As a teenage girl going through school I was very conscious of it, and in my attempts to cover it I used to just pile on ridiculous amounts of orange foundation, until I came to the realisation that it just made me look 10 times worse... so on my hunt for an alternative I found this. I wanted medium-full coverage without looking powdery or cakey and this provided that. I still had to use concealer for the days when my skin decided to flare up badly, but I wouldn't expect this as a foundation to cover absolutely everything, and I wouldn't want it to because I love how natural this looks on the skin. I'm still using it many years later, and will be using it for the foreseeable future! It is available in a good amount of shades so it's easy to find one that matches.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Callmecorrina

With my oily skin, i am always on the hunt for mattifying products, somehow this product made me oilier! I am a grease ball especially in the summer,so I was excited to use this because my skin adores Bare minerals products. First of all the packaging is really annoying! but loose powder in general is really annoying. It was a total mess for me. When I first applied this, it was obviously a light coverage but totally build-able and natural looking. It does a great job evening skin tone, but do not expect this to cover any redness! Another pro to this product is it doesn't seem to highlight or stick to any of my small dry spots! But it does not do what it claims to do when it comes to mattifying. And don't get me started on how this looks in photos, it does not have a white cast, but this product seriously amplified my oiliness in pictures, it made me oilier than I already am! I am thoroughly disappointed because it made me oily within 10 minutes of application, I stayed matte for longer with the original foundation. I do not recommend this for people with oily skin and I will not be repurchasing. If someone out there has experienced the same thing as me, please let me know! Perhaps I received a bad batch.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissed365

I've been using this mineral foundation for several years now and it's my go to!! My dermatologist even recommends it because it only contains five ingredients and is perfect for all skin types. I have had acne issues but this foundation has been so great and my acne is completely gone!! Totally recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Chanel777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot tell you how much i love this! I have quite acne prone skin so i have quite a bit to cover. This works wonders. it completely covers my redness and makes my pores appear smaller. If you look at my profile picture you would never guess i had acne, thanks to bareminerals.

My daily face coverage routine begins with a primer a bb creme and to top it off i cover my face with bareminerals in the fair shade.

The first thing i look for in a foundation is the look of being natural. no glitter or shimmer, luster or cakey finish. It needs to look like your real natural skin.

It gets pretty expensive if like me, you use it on a day to day basis but it really is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by shannonstyles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation as it gives me light to full coverage. Even though this foundation has amazing coverage and can be made to a lighter coverage it still looks like you are wearing makeup which is not good for things such a school. Bare minerals have an amazing shade range for this product I wear shade golden dark and in mac wear nw45, but this shade seems a little red/orange but so do any foundations in my shade.This foundation is a matte foundation at it is called bare mineral'matte'. unlucky for me this just doesnt keep my skin matte:( I have extremely oily acne-prone skin. Overall I would buy this porduct again and recomend it to anyone with any skin type that is looking for a powder foundation around the £25 mark.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by SunnySoFla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted so badly to like this product. I used it when I was in high school and quit using it when I started college but couldn't remember why so I gave it another try. It has a nice finish but totally accentuates every line and pore on my face. I could build it to a nice full coverage with the precision brush, but still. I'll keep it for an occasional but wouldn't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Dupsie

My new everyday makeup. I absolutely love it. It compliments my skin lovely and the coverage is great and it didn't break me out.

I initially tried the original and that broke me out. I think that is due to the bismuth in it.

If you reacted bad to the original, try the matte formula.

I also found that when I used it on its own, it did not control shine. However, with the mineral veil it did.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by idie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I came across this foundation - I have spent a lot of money trying to find one that works for my skin. I LOVE this foundation. Don't need a lot of it and great for day to day. I do find i have to touch up during the day due to some oil shine but otherwise it's a great foundation. Think I may have found my HG finally!