October 23, 2014 | 1085 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Coolnique

Let me start off by saying if you have acne proned, sensitive skin this product is NOT FOR YOU; this is a complete waste of money. Not only is it over priced but it destroyed my skin. I tried the Bare Minerals Ready foundation and that broke me out terribly. I decided after reading several reviews on the Bare Minerals Matte foundation, that I would give this formula a try. Huge mistake. I literally had this on for a couple hours and my forehead was oily and I was breaking out in cystic acne bumps. I drove home immediately to take it off. I will never use this brand again. I wish I could rate it a zero but one lippie will suffice. Thank goodness it was only a sample and not a full package!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by yinzhen89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to really love this. I still sorta love it now. But there are tricks to using this. Face must be absolutely oil free and clean, else it will form patches. I have some pores on my nose and if I'm not careful and apply too much, the powder will sink into my pores on my nose and it's awful. I also notice that this powder's colour oxidizes in the case after some time. Not to be kept for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by unconvential87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing. covers up everything and it's matte which is awesome for me as a guy, makes me look perfect and I'm so far from perfect hahaha must have on a bad skin week. and it doesn't melt off are make my acne/clogged pores worse actually think it calms down my skin cool eh :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by brit64

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this as my first high end powder foundation, and unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. I bought golden fair, and I found it too yellow for my skin tone, which I thought was kinda weird, as I do have yellow/olive undertones. It did mattify, but it looked extremely powdery on my face - it was sooo obvious that I was wearing makeup. To compare, I've bought physicians formula talc free mineral powder, and purminerals spf 15 powder now, and like both of those better. I returned this matte foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by maria91

This foundation can be very good or very bad depending on your needs and expectations.

Pros:
It doesn't make spots/acne worse, neither does it break me out
Very light, almost as if I'm not wearing anything
Gives an airbrushed result

BUT

Cons:
The loose powder can take some getting used to. It can get messy and obviously you need a good brush. In my experience a brush DOES make a difference - I'd recommend the Real Techniques buffing brush, or any good quality kabuki one.
It doesn't offer much coverage. In fact, I only wear it on good skin days. If my skin's a mess I just skip it and go right to a heavy duty liquid foundation.

Overall, I'd recommend it since it doesn't break me out, but only to people with a fairly good skin, since it's not very effective on acneic ones.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Charshie

I purchased Bare Minerals because I was tired of breaking out every time I wore a liquid foundation. While I have thankfully not seen an increase in breakouts while using this product, I can't see myself continuing to use it any more.

Pros:

- Did not aggravate or cause acne
- I didn't mind the packaging or the application process.

Cons:

- The coverage is absolutely awful. I have combination skin that is prone to acne, but my acne is not extreme. I typically have 3-4 smallish problem spots at any given time. This foundation not only does not cover them unless I HEAP on the product, but it looks extremely cakey even with minimal application and emphasizes absolutely any dry spot into ridiculousness. I have very youthful looking skin for the most part but this stuff makes me look like a wrinkly old woman.

- Expensive.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

Amazing product! Does not have talc and parabens which is really hard to find. Doesn't make me break out, looks very natural. Makes me look like I have perfect skin and doesn't look cakey. The only downside is the packaging, you cant just pop it out of your bag and apply, you need a separate mirror, tap and swirl. But its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by ktey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wouldn't be without this foundation. I am extremely prone to acne and this has helped me through my teenage years. My acne has been present for a number of years purely because of the age I'm at, and this is one of the few things I have found that doesn't exasperate it. As a teenage girl going through school I was very conscious of it, and in my attempts to cover it I used to just pile on ridiculous amounts of orange foundation, until I came to the realisation that it just made me look 10 times worse... so on my hunt for an alternative I found this. I wanted medium-full coverage without looking powdery or cakey and this provided that. I still had to use concealer for the days when my skin decided to flare up badly, but I wouldn't expect this as a foundation to cover absolutely everything, and I wouldn't want it to because I love how natural this looks on the skin. I'm still using it many years later, and will be using it for the foreseeable future! It is available in a good amount of shades so it's easy to find one that matches.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Callmecorrina

With my oily skin, i am always on the hunt for mattifying products, somehow this product made me oilier! I am a grease ball especially in the summer,so I was excited to use this because my skin adores Bare minerals products. First of all the packaging is really annoying! but loose powder in general is really annoying. It was a total mess for me. When I first applied this, it was obviously a light coverage but totally build-able and natural looking. It does a great job evening skin tone, but do not expect this to cover any redness! Another pro to this product is it doesn't seem to highlight or stick to any of my small dry spots! But it does not do what it claims to do when it comes to mattifying. And don't get me started on how this looks in photos, it does not have a white cast, but this product seriously amplified my oiliness in pictures, it made me oilier than I already am! I am thoroughly disappointed because it made me oily within 10 minutes of application, I stayed matte for longer with the original foundation. I do not recommend this for people with oily skin and I will not be repurchasing. If someone out there has experienced the same thing as me, please let me know! Perhaps I received a bad batch.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissed365

I've been using this mineral foundation for several years now and it's my go to!! My dermatologist even recommends it because it only contains five ingredients and is perfect for all skin types. I have had acne issues but this foundation has been so great and my acne is completely gone!! Totally recommend!!