July 29, 2014 | 2098 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by jeca357

for u girls who are saying that this product breaks u out: it might not be this product that breaks your skin out IF this product is not the only product/makeup u are applying on your skin.
It takes time for our skin to get used to something that is completly new and unfamiliar to our skin. And if u are using more than one product, each one consisting 10 (some even 20-30) different ingredients, then u can't be 100% that it's from one(++) of the ingredients that is to be found in this powder.
a good tip could be : use for example this product, AND THIS PRODUCT ONLY (no primers, moisturizers ect.), for about 3-4 months, and then see after a few months how your skin reacts to this product...if it's still breaking u out, then there is something in this powder your skin does not stand...

and something else important if u have acne-prone skin and using a brush: wash your brush every single day so u are sure that brushes are not the ones causing your skin to break out

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I was disappointed with this product!
On the Sephora website the reviews are almost all 5 stars. But this left my skin very oily mid-day so i don't really understand where the "matte" part comes in?
I do think the coverage is very natural though, so if you have normal skin this would be an amazing powder!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by mariejames97

DO NOT BUY THIS if your skin is sensitive/acne prone and gets kind of oily.
This foundation may irritate the crap out of your skin if you get allergic to the bismuth.
It made my skin 10 times more oily. If your skin can handle the bismuth, I would say you're really lucky because this may be the best mineral foundation if it wasn't for the bismuth..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by calliopemusic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have pretty oily skin and some funky undertones, and this stuff made me look chalky by the end of the day, almost like I was wearing a mask! I think it was the SPF in it - titanium dioxide seems to do that to my skin.

I did enjoy that I could build the coverage though. Some days I went lighter, some days heavier. I never had an issue with application, that was pretty easy. However, I definitely needed to put on a primer first or the makeup would slide right off.

I'd probably buy again if I couldn't find anything better.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by UNICORNSxLOVE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product somehow did the adverse effect on my skin my making it oiler as suppose to being more matte, or subduing the amount I produce. I have to constantly blot my face. I feel like the powder collects the oil, as oppose to absorbing it.
It is light but i still feel like I'm wearing make up.
My tarte 12 hour blush doesn't seem to last as long whenever I wear this.
It's an average product and not worth the price point. I recommend Laura Mercier's mineral powder. It's more expansive but cheaper per gram (you get more with LM).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by mrsaflores

I love this!!! Check out my FLik. I always rebuy. It is buildable, I can use over liquid or alone. So good on my skin! http://flikapp.com/flik/INZVbgW

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccalamour

This is by far the most deceiving makeup product and makeup brand I have ever come across. Whatever they use in the commercials is NOT what is sold in stores. It was literally like rubbing dirt into my face. I would give Bare Minerals a 0 rating if I could. They market it as supposedly 'good' for your skin, however I found it broke me out, I normally have fairly clear skin, so this was alarming. No matter how much primer and lotion I put on my face ahead of time, this foundation looked like weird chalk had been smeared on my face, clearly not a good look. Don't fall for the Bare Minerals gimmick, there are SO many other, high quality foundations in the world.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The matte finish mineral foundation is my go-to and has been for years. I've got very sensitive acne-prone skin that is usually more oily than dry, and I prefer to be as un-shiny as I can be. This foundation is perfect for that. No matter what other liquids, BB creams or powder foundations I dabble in, I always come crawling back to this one after the ferocious breakouts occur to let my skin recover. Buildable coverage, does not clog pores (nor does it contain the bismuth oxychloride that can cause itching with the original loose foundation).
The packaging is better since they have the twist-lock for the foundation - I loose much less powder this way, and so it lasts me 5-6 months.
Make sure when you wear this powder that you use moisturizer AND primer. From where it's a matte-finish dry formula, it can look dry on the skin unless you've properly prepped your skin. This stuff also makes a really good setting/finishing powder for liquids if you like a matte-finish look but don't feel like building up the coverage of the powder on its own.

My main beef is that Bareminerals doesn't offer as wide of a variety of shades as they could. I find myself consistently between Fairly Light and Medium Beige, or between Medium Beige and Medium Tan during the summer and so I have to mix them together in the lid, which is time consuming and annoying (and hence the exploration of other foundation brands that inevitably leads to breakout nightmares).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by littlenrae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. It is light weight and doesn't leave my skin feeling powdery or cakey. It is small and easy to travel with as well as keep in my purse. I have a bit of acne and scarring and I like to use a bit of concealer with this foundation, but if I didn't have my HG concealer, I would use the foundation in trouble spots as a concealer too. The only down side of this foundation is that there isn't much of a color selection. I have very fair skin and the lightest shade still feels a bit too dark to me, but still works. Overall, I love this foundation and it has never broken me out :) It controls my oily skin and I will definitely repurchase :))

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Sniffy50

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loving this stuff. Covers great, looks natural, not oily. Best of all I swipe it on and go. Doesn't feel like I am wearing foundation unlike the heavy feel of liquids. This is a winner!!