April 19, 2014 | 910 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by sierrab2010

Horrible product. Spent close to $80 on a BM kit mainly for this foundation because I'd heard great things about it and wanted to wear less makeup each day. Basically, this foundation covers NOTHING. My skin isn't even that bad either. I usually have a couple pimples on my face at any given time because of hormones and other stressors. My skin isn't near perfect but holy crap this did nothing to help it. It accentuated my pores and failed to blend into my skin no matter how much I tried to buff it in and make it look natural. If you already have perfect, gorgeous skin with zero problem areas and "need" a light foundation then you can get away with using this. Anyone hoping to cover acne, freckles, blotches, fine lines, birthmarks, etc., please don't waste your money on this sub par product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Bree74

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this foundation for 5 years. It is the best foundation I've used for my face. Very long lasting throughout the day. You get alot of product for the price. The texture of the powder is silky smooth and gives my oily skin a flawless look. So glad I found Bare Minerals!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by lwjw

I would say this is much better than everyday minerals, just my opinion. It is great for everyday wear and it feels light, yet it evens out skin tone and covers pretty well. On days I have good skin I can wear this alone, otherwise i wear this with concealer underneath ( but I also find that without concealer under, it tends to enhance the powdery look/ pores on your face straight after applying it). You can even use this as a loose powder over liquid foundation. Or use with a smaller brush for extra coverage, like a concealer, on blemishes etc. I like how dewy this can look further into the day! Even though I have oily skin, I still love some glow on my face and somehow this does the trick when it blends with your face's natural oils..haha. This also looks very natural! (just make sure you have thoroughly moisturized your skin) haha my friend even complimented me on how lovely my skin looked. The packaging is great for traveling too because you can twist and lock it. It lasts quite a while too. I have been using mine for almost a year now!
Personally, I was surprised at the staying power.. I have worn this for 16 hours and it looked fine. I think it's all about the right primer and concealer :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. Goes on smooth, great coverage (for a tiny amount of powder!) it's buildable, so you can have light to medium/full coverage. I hate how most powder foundations can feel heavy and slightly dirty on your skin, this didn't, it didn't feel like I was wearing make up at all. Hasn't irritated my skin (so far). It's a very fine powder and is complemented by the BareMinerals mineral veil, I was wearing this for a good 8/9 hours and looked as fresh as when I put it on, so it's a lasting foundation. Will definitely be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Simonjw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Being a guy I like to have foundation that covers up minor blemishes and looks like I have nothing on and finally I've found something that does. It feels and looks like you are bare faced yet offers a nice light coverage. On them dryer days I often use mac fix plus spray and it helps remove the powdery look that shows on dry skin. I recommend this for anybody with combination, normal to dry skin and are looking for a natural light coverage. The brush I find best goes with this is only £5 and is the the lumiere long handled kabuki brush

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by cstrutt

I have never used a lot of make up and with in the past few years started wearing foundation. I like bare minerals because its light/medium coverage and it helps cover up my redness from rosacea. My current issue with it is that if you have any dry areas on your face it really brings it out and makes your skin look flaky. Other than that I really do like it, my skin is EXTREAMLY sensitive and this does not cause me to have any rosacea flare ups or breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looooove! This has the coverage of a liquid foundation. It feels great and the first time I wore it I couldn't stop looking at my skin in the mirror. I have high hopes for this. I will update in a few weeks if anything changes. For reference I am NC40 in MAC and I wear medium beige in this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Hooverbunny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Since I turned past 50 I can't wear this product anymore. I loved it in my 40s but the powder now settles in my fine lines and exaggerates my pores. I tried their primer but it didn't help. So disappointed. Loved the way it felt on my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Megsl21

I had never tried foundation before because I was terrified of breaking out from it, but this had never made me have a single breakout. I love the matte finish it gives, it's not too much but it is build able coverage! I love this foundation for me! The only complaint that I would have is that it doesn't last long enough, other than that it's great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good day foundation as it feels light on the skin, a great colour match and never looks cakey but natural. The only problem is there just isn't enough coverage for my blemishes! You need to have a good concealer underneath to hide them. Although I will keep this as a day foundation until I find a better alternative (which I haven't and been using this for a year). The other good thing about this product is the tub lasts forever!