April 20, 2014 | 943 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by emilykd1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm currently addicted to color 84- imaginaire. Doesn't look as dark on as in the tube. Great color on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by jubez

I have always been a lipstick person, I never really liked gloss because I never found a formula that I liked. I never understood all the hype surrounding Chanel's Glossimers as I could not get around why this lip gloss is worth over $30CAN. I have used Chanel's lipsticks for a awhile now and I love those, so I finally bit the bullet and bought one. Needless to say...it was downhill from there. I currently own six and I bought them all in a span of one week, that shows how much I love them.

The thing that stands out to me the most is of course, the formula. Another reviewer mentioned the Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss which is one that I love because it is so moisturizing compared to say a MAC lipglass. However, it is not a dupe by any means. Chanel's Glossimer formula doesn't have many ingredients and none of them are that special either in my opinion. Somehow Chanel has perfected it and it is so gel-like in consistency, it's very smooth. It is not sticky but slightly tacky, non-gritty and long-wearing. On average, the more opaque colors last 4 hours (and nothing lasts on my lips even if it's long-wearing) on me. While I don't think it adds moisture, it sure prevents moisture from leaving my lips making them super conditioned.

Chanel releases new shades within their collections and some are permanent while others are limited edition. I tend to go for the most opaque colors. However, not all Glossimers are opaque. Some are very, very sheer. You can always adjust the level of color by using more or less. All Glossimers I've come across are shimmery, but it is a 'grown-up' sort of shimmer. It's not like MAC, and it's not like Dior. They look most beautiful in direct sunlight, making your lips look like shimmering water.

Lastly, the packaging. It is a longer tube with a gold band where the tube and the wand lock together. The Chanel logo is embossed on the top of the cap in gold. The cap emits a subtle click when closed completely so you do not have to worry about carrying this in your purse. Glossimers have a doe-foot applicator which I prefer over brushes. The tube comes with 0.19oz of product which is a very substantial amount of product (for reference MAC lipglasses have 0.17oz). Considering how long they last on me, one tube will last me quite some time. The only thing I don't like about the packaging is that the wand itself is so long that gloss tends to get all over it making it a bit messy. Also, try not to over pump air into the Glossimer tubes as it may leak around the rim.

This product is $31CAN without tax, however I think it is worth the price. For Chanel, this price point is right because all Chanel products will come at a high price tag. If you're feeling like you need a little bit of luxury, I definitely recommend you checking this out in person.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by kellijhudson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous colors, good staying power and I love the shine they give. I typically have to purchase at the department store because online shopping can be deceiving. Some are high shine, some are glittery, some are just pure sheer colors. I have about 20 of these in all shades of the rainbow and I adore the collection I have started. Chanel does a beautiful job with the glossimers!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

I finally bought myself some Chanel Glossimers after all the raves over the Fall 2010 collection, and they are definitely lovely! My favorite is probably Rose Dilemma.

In general, I find these glosses very nice and sophisticated looking. There are glosses out there that are so glossy and obvious that it looks like you slapped on liquid shiny plastic, and certainly not sophisticated looking. With the Glossimers, they're shiny but not overly so. They give off medium shine with fine shimmer (in the ones that are shimmery), and I don't find the shimmer to be left over on my lips very much after the gloss disappears/fades off.

texture wise, it's quite smooth and applies very evenly, despite the doefoot wand (which i find tend to wipe glosses off after i apply and doesn't give me a very even finish). They have no scent (that i can detect, i think if you shove your nose at it, you might pick up a faint sweet scent?), and no taste. It isn't very sticky but it IS slightly sticky. Definitely not Lancome Juicy Tube or Stila Lip Glaze sticky! Staying power is pretty good for the lack of stickiness. Overall it feels great.

I did notice the first few times using it that the corner of my bottom lips went slightly tingly/numb, but after using it a few times, i've stopped noticing it. For those who are usually sensitive to lipstick and lipgloss, you might want to buy from a place with good return policy! Just in case, because these babies are $27 a pop, and definitely not for the faint of heart.

To be honest, I find the Revlon Super Lustrous glosses very very similar in texture, feel, and lasting power. I actually prefer my Revlon SL glosses over my glossimers. Colorwise, SL's do not have any dupes for any of the glossimers unfortunately. However, Revlon SL have their own awesome range of colors (if you can find it, Life's a Peach that's dced is actually my absolute favorite), so def give those a try too, especially if the glossimers prices are too daunting!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lip gloss is my HG. I own so many colors and love each one. The consistency is smooth, not sticky, and has staying power. Chanel is expensive, but, this product is worth the extra money. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by GabrielleUtomo

I LOVE Chanel Glossimer. It is indeed a bit pricey but when it comes to good stuff who can resist them

The formula is not sticky, many color available, it is not too frosty, another cons maybe the applicator, i prefer brush applicator like Aqualumiere Lipgloss has.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just came back from the Chanel counter and they have their new Glossimerís out for fall. The colors are amazing and definitely could be used this summer. I picked up two: Pink Teaser and Coral Love. (Cannot figure out how to review these individually as they are not on the site yet but will try to get them on there.) Pink Teaser is a hot pink in the tube and goes on very pigmented but somehow mellowed into what looks like my lips with clear gloss, if my lips were an amazing juicy pink. It has light sparkles but very subtle. Love it! It is really the first pink that has worked with my olive/tan skin and pigmented lips. I am going to get a back up for this one. Coral Love is equally amazing. It reminded me of Glow (since D/C and my all time favorite). In the tube it looks coral bronzy with gold flecks. The color is very similar to Macís Nymphette; but swatched side-by-side Coral Love is pinker and a bit more blueish sparkles. On my lips it come out a bit more sheer then you would expect but you still get a wash of coral and lots of sparkly shine. Unlike other Glossimers, in this one you can feel the sparkles in this gloss, feels kind of gritty. Love both colors so much. Each gloss is $28, same amazing sleek long tube with a doe tip wand applicator.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2010 8:20:00 AM More reviews by LailaE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This burns my lips and makes them swell up! A big no for me, I'm reacting to the sparkles I think! Had three colours, all three bad. First time this has ever happened with a lipstick/gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by olyaspb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The best lip gloss I ever used. Doesn't smell, doesn't have any taste, long-lasting, beautiful vibrant colours, looks chic:) My favourite is Myriade, which looks red but if you apply a small amount your lips will pop out and look hot:))) Futile is a great shade, it looks like pale pink, but when on lips - it's actually almost transparent, so you can apply it overy any lipstick to add shine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have Glossimers in Coco Mademoiselle (deep ruby red), Blizzard (icy pink), Volage (cool rose), Pulsar (rich red) and Spark (deep golden berry). The packaging is sleek (if a bit leaky), the glosses go on smooth, and the result is polished without being garish. I'm not thrilled with the iffy ingredients or wear, but overall I'm a fan.