October 25, 2014 | 1847 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Skindinavia - No More Shine Makeup Finish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by tequierosparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A GIFT FROM HEAVEN!! I am in LOVE with this. I saw it on youtube and thought what the heck I'll try it. Thank goodness i did! I cannot believe the difference it makes. I work shift work and usually by 2 hrs into my shift im already blotting with powder, then again later, and again later and my bangs get all greasy (sorry...bit too much info but you see what i'm dealing with!), but i tried this! NO more shine, NO grease, makeup stays perfect. I am going to be repurchasing few more bottles now! LOVE it. Now an absolute must to my makeup routine. The bottle I have is different looking, it's more black now, but i believe its the same formula. I ordered directly from the website.

BUY IT.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by xjessicawabbit

I had a lot of hope in this product, after seeing it in an AndreasChoice video on Youtube. I had never tried any type of finishing spray, so I wasn't really sure what to expect, and felt a little reluctant when shelling out the money for a tiny bottle of spray. I purchased it last summer to help my skin battle the heat, seeing as my skin is extremely oily all year round. As refreshing as it was, it didn't do much for keeping the shine at bay, which is the whole point of it being a "no more shine" spray. Although, I do understand that with my skin being the way it is, a spray is not going to be the thing that keeps it from getting shiny. I do, however, think it's great for setting makeup and keeping your makeup fresh all day long, it's just the anti-shine factor I didn't find very apparent.

I gave this product 3 stars, just because it didn't do much for my oily skin. I do feel that it is great for setting makeup, and I will defintely repurchase from Skindinavia again, but for solely makeup setting purposes. I'll probably give their regular makeup setting spray a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by speedbumpmeatpuppet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First time I used this stuff, I applied my mineral makeup as usual, then sprayed per the instructions. At the end of the day I was...underwhelmed. My makeup held up only slightly better than usual, but it was still a massive oil slick (as usual *sigh*).
So why did I rate it 5 stars?? Because I discovered a sweet trick: BEFORE applying my makeup, I spray per the instructions, then wait a minute for the spray to dry completely, and THEN apply my mineral makeup. This works a jillion times better for me (maybe it's because I wear mineral makeup instead of liquid foundation?). My face still gets oily (there's nothing on this planet that can stop that), but my makeup doesn't break up and look all nastified like it used to-- it's more like I "glow" towards the end of the day, hahaha.
Oh! I should add-- if you're feeling a "mask" effect after spraying, try my trick and apply it before your makeup. See if that helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Marian93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

doesnt do much

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by pamupnorth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first review. I am so dissapointed with this product, I feel I should share my experience.
If your skin is oily, and you normally get shiny 1 hour after apply long wear makeup, then don't count on this product to help you. I almost want to say it made me shine even more, and that was in 68 degree weather. I could also feel this on my face, like wearing a mask. I am much better off wearing my Revlon Colorstay or my Estee Lauder Double Wear without this spray.
Buy it with caution.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by dreanicoley

I have oily skin and used to carry oil absorbing sheets all the time and use them or touch up with powder every 2 hours. Also, even with urban decay eyeshadow primer I ended up with gross runny lids by 4pm. Never again! I use after I wash my face and moisturize and again after I apply all my make up. No gross smell and very refreshing. Totally worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by miszjackie

I had high hopes for this product. Ive been on the hunt for a finishing spray that will keep my mineral makeup in place and prevent oil from smearing my eyeliner. Before using this, I found a finishing powder to control oil, Mac's prep & prime finishing powder and it did wonders keeping my makeup in check. Then, i added this spray to my routine. I noticed that my face actually looked even more oiler at the end of the day as opposed to only finishing off with my MAC prep & prime. very disappointed :( I bought the 2oz bottle for about $20 and I guess i'll use it up till its gone. Im going to give the "Dance" version a shot because it has a higher rating than this one. *sigh

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by BeTheChange

This product does hold my makeup for quite a while, but not all day. It does okay for oil control, but doesn't prevent completely. The mist is nice and refreshing. I did notice that it worked beautifully the first time I used it, but not as great since.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by c2yoshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in hopes that it would actually control my oily face somewhat. Unfortunately, it failed in that department; it didn't make a difference in maintaining my shine whatsoever. However, it is an excellent makeup sealer, so if you're looking for a quality makeup sealer, definitely give Skindinavia a try. It's a little on the pricier side, but it definitely will keep your makeup in place, even in hot weather. I do not plan on repurchasing though, as my main reason to buy it was for the oil-control properties they claimed it has.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jacquiesaur

This stuff is heaven sent. I've tried countless primers and lotions for oily skin but never have they seemed to work. I tried the smashbox primer that would make me matte for 30 minutes tops but this product lasts all day. It doesn't have a completely matte finish, a little bit of natural/healthy shine exists. Satin finish I would say. I don't wear foundation or blush, I just spray it on for the oiliness and it lasts for all day with an exception of probably blotting just once. I've never been so impressed with a product and I would definitely keep repurchasing. I have oily oily oily skin that oils up in about 20 minutes after makeup or facewash and I seriously have to blot 4-5 times a day. With this spray I don't even have to worry about my oily bangs anymore. The oil on my forehead used to get on my bangs causing it to oil up in. A matter of 4 hours but now it keeps fresh all day. HG for forever!