December 21, 2014 | 1873 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first liquid eyeliner, I got it on clearance at Target and its in the dark brown shade. Honestly, somehow I don't think that eyeliner is supposed to be like a dry erase marker and rub off easily when not completely dry, but this sort of does. It takes awhile to dry, but if you don't touch it and let it go about its drying business, it stays for a pretty long time. Personally, I wore it to our state football game and it didnt move at all, which is hardcore because usually if you're jumping around in the stands for hours, your makeup's gonna come off. But not with this one. :D Would reccomend to liquid eyeliner beginners!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Seems to be mixed feelings about this product. Some absolutely love it, others completely despise it. I'm quite in the middle.

For me, this is my first real liquid eyeliner and I actually learned to do the famous winged eye look with this. The length of the felt tip helped me lots, because I was able to just lay the tip down and make 1 line instead of make 20+ smaller ones. And the tip being such a perfect size made it easy for me to get the inner corner of my eye thin, and then have the outer be a bit thicker. Don't get me wrong, it still took me FOREVER to "perfect the technique", and some days it still takes me a good 10-15 mins to do it looking decent, but I really do think this eyeliner helped me tremendously.

The color is pretty black, in my opinion. It is watery, runs a bit on the outer corner of my eyes, but once it dried it didn't run anymore. And it was never a very very noticeable runny look, it was more that I felt the cold liner running for a bit until it dried, if that makes any sense at all. The thing I do have an issue with is that it is kind of like a dry erase marker on a white board. You know, when you write on the white board and you want to make the line a bit thicker so you go over it again but the color starts to erase instead of becoming bolder? That's the best way I can think of describing it. I guess this means the eyeliner doesn't actually "stick" to my eyelid and instead likes to go back onto the felt tip applicator. I really do not know how else to describe it.

So, from the above, you can probably guess that this eyeliner does not last all day. No, it doesn't. It definitely flakes off. No smudges for me, but flakes? Yeah, always. Even when I don't touch my eyes, the wing of the eye look sometimes just disappears. Plus part about this though is that it is pretty easy to remove with just my generic Equate eye makeup remover...

Basically my feelings are mixed about this eyeliner too... I have so far only tried the Jordana pencil looking one and Elf's besides this one, and out of the 3, Elf is my favorite thus far, but it also has problems. Sometimes I layer the two, putting Elf on first then this Line Stiletto for added pigment. Yeah, I'll keep using it until it runs out or I lose it, but not worth repurchasing. But I do like this felt tip applicator! That they did get that right in my opinion! Too bad the formula is weird and a fail.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by sdalbey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner is horrible. First of all, it takes almost five minutes to fully dry. Secondly, when I put it on, since it's so wet, it doesn't create one solid black line. Some parts are black, and some parts you can still see your skin. But when you go back to fix it and put it on again, all it does is make the eyeliner even more streaky and less black. It's runny and the pigmentation is horrible. Lastly, it smudges very easily and does NOT last all day. It's very hard and nearly impossible to work with. This is a very bad eyeliner, I don't recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by arameep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

If I can give this product 0 stars I would. It is terrible. I couldn't even get it to stay on my lower lash line while I'm still applying the eyeliner. And no, I'm not having trouble because I'm new at using liquid eyeliners, I've been using various liquid eyeliners to do my "cat eyes look" for like 8 years now. I can't believe how many good reviews this eyeliner has. The only good thing about it is the applicator. Don't ever get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by nicoledupe

This is the best liquid eye liner at a drug store price! It makes doing the winged look super easy and lasts a very long time for a liquid eye liner! I have been using this for over 3 years and every time I try something new I always gravitate back to this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by LaurenBahu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am extremely picky about my eyeliner. On a normal day I wear winged-liner. I found that this is the best product for it! I will never buy another eyeliner again. It glides on so smoothly. I love how the applicator is sponge. It really absorbs the liquid. Obviously with any liquid liner, I would highly suggest using an eyelid primer before use to ensure the look will last! LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is a great liquid liner- it's not anything super special, but it does an awesome job of being an all-around awesome liquid eyeliner.
I have the black one, and I use it each day with every one of my eye looks. The pigmentation of this eyeliner is not 100% reliable, which is probably the only downside to this product: you do need to maintain a solid amount of product on the tip in order to get it to transfer nicely in one coat. However, it succeeds in giving you that dark, lined look, which I love, so it's worth taking a few extra seconds to apply another coat if necessary.
The applicator is interesting; it's a felt tip, cone-shaped, but this feels like almost like the tip is spongey. It's flexible to a good degree, too (not that that's important). I guess you can't poke your eye out with this, which is good. Even though the tip is not as pointy as it may claim on the packaging, you can still create very fine lines and very thick lines as well. This works great for me, since I do winged liner that varies in thickness throughout the eye.
I don't find this eyeliner to be watery at all; personally, I love its consistency. It's liquid enough to glide on smoothly, yet thick enough to maintain nice pigmentation and dry relatively quickly.
The staying power is very good; possibly one of the best that I've seen for a washable eyeliner! This coming from someone with perpetually watery eyes due to allergies. Of course, it's not waterproof by any means (I've tested it unintentionally), but it lasts for a long time without reapplication and comes off without much of a fuss.
The packaging is nice, I'd say; the cap has the sponge tip on it, so you dip it to get the liner. I don't see any problems with that and think that it's just the perfect size for a liquid liner. I wouldn't call this super cheap; I think I got one for $9 or so at a drugstore. I'm not sure how long it lasts, either, since I've been using it for about a month or so, but it seems like it'll last me a while. However, I think that it is a worthwhile purchase and an awesome product to have in your makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Pamxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's pretty easy to use and gives perfect results . I use it every day and it lasts for MONTHS. More than six months. Just finished my fourth one ! Simple essential that never fails you, and for a pretty low price.

Pros: Always goes on smooth and doesn't thickens over months. At the end of the day it's still intact and perfect! One line is enough - deep black with the perfect light/fully opaque consistency.
And literally no cons.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I actually kicked myself when I realized I bought this in brown, not black. But I'm still able to use it for my lazy and very casual makeup days, using only brown liner and winging it out.

ANYWAY, I love this! I want to go out and get the black! I have monolids, but my lids aren't too oily and this stays on all day without any flaking or smudging or smearing. The felt tip applicator is a bit hard, in my opinion, but that's my one gripe about it. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by itsmissluu

I tend to have slightly oily lids because I have monolids. After hearing my friend rave about this product I thought I would give it a try. To my disappointment it was super watery and took literally a good 10 coats of the product to get it to show up. Through out the day it would peel off on me literally. It dried up and with a slight touch to my eyes it would start just flaking. I tried to prime my eyes and then I apply it to my eyes to see if it would change anything. Never will purchase this again in my life and the price isn't worth it either. Maybe it's because I have oily lids, but definitely wouldn't recommend this product.