November 26, 2014 | 1732 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Lancome - Hydra Zen Teinte Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Sushi3

Bought this because my winter foundation was getting too light, and I wanted to try a nice tinted moisturizer. The SA recommended Lancome Hydra Zen, I'd never used Lancome before but I decided to give it a try. And it's great! Nice consistency, easy to spread out and natural colour. I have the neutral color, and it looks very sheer but still helps to even out my skin. I do sometimes put a thin layer of normal moisturizer under it, if my skin is drier than usual, which also works fine.
If you have oilier skin this moisturizer might give a little too much of a 'natural sheen', however. I don't think it looks too shiny, although I do tend to brush a little translucent powder over my nose and forehead to even it out a little.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by MisguidedGhosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

it a good product it has very little coverage which is what im looking for... but for the price i must think there are better ones out there that are cheaper, i'm 16 and live in australia, this cost me $50 AUD which is alot, if ur a high school student wearing this everyday to help with some pimples i got shade #2 and it only 50ml, btw my mum thinks using deparment store product (ones that cost more) is better for ur skin.. whenever i but items that are like $ 10 my mum doesn't trust it would do any good for me, but i just feel guitly spending alot of money on something thats not gonna last me... for skincare right now im using shiseido... might nupdate soon ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by samolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yes, it is love, but definitely not the love from the first sight. When I first bought it and tried at home, it was a bit of disappointment. It didn't apply smoothly, seemed to make me too pale (I have shade # 2), and my always flakey skin did not look any better. So I just put it away in the far end of my cosmetic box as yet another wasted money product. Actually this TM was on its half-way to the garbage bin when I decided to give it another try. And it did its best not to disappoint me this time, and I'm deeply in love. It makes my skin so healthy looking, so glowing, so smooth. It even has some light coverage properties, so my pores look smaller--but it's still me, it's still my face in the mirror, and that's why I prefer tinted moisturizers to full coverage foundations.
A very good product and I hope they will not discontinue it.
However, this TM may not suit those who prefer matt finish, and what looks as a "healthy glow" for me may be regarded as an "oily sheen" by others.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good product, moisturizing and smells nice, great colors, I got 03 a medium beige that is natural looking on my NC37 skintone. I think it is quite pricey though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by chrissypink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is stuff is sensational!!!

I have been reading reviews after reviews both here and on beautypedia to find the perfect tinted moisturizer that looks natural, hydrates and has a broad spectrum SPF (essential for the strong Australian sun). I now have a draw full of samples and until I found Hydra Zen I was going to give up and go without.

I need to pre-empt this with the fact that I am 44 and have never (other than my wedding day) used makeup - I find my skin doesn't breathe and I just don't like the feel of it on my face.

However, after discovering Hydra Zen I am converted. It has a Sheer finish, melts into your skin for a natural look, it doesn't look like you have make up on but still evens out your complexion. It’s moisturizing but doesn't look like you have a clown face on (in fact I can barely tell that I am wearing makeup except for my smoothed out complexion - which takes years off me)

My only concern is that I am not sure what type of sunscreen Lancome uses in this product. They say it’s an SPF 15 but I am not sure if it is a broad spectrum (UVA) sunscreen. I can't seem to find a full ingredient list anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Memogurl

i luv this product seriously!!!..lancome hydrazen tinted moisturizer is just wonderful.. it left my skin glowing & full of radiance in a very natural way and all signs of fatigue and stress just fade away as the liquid melts in ur skin , and it also evens out skin tone in a very noticeable way, but ofourse it doesn't offer full coverage as foundation,i mean afterall it still is a tinted moisturizer!!, it has a very light smell and the package is very elegant,, concerning the price it may be abit pricey but it sure does its work right and last pretty long,,u gotta try it!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by annaamin

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was introduced to this by the SA when i was asking for a very sheer foundation. This is good as i have combination skin so i don't use a moisturizer underneath this, but need to use a concealer for my dark circles. I am still loyal to my EL equalizer when i want a little more coverage, but find that this stuff under my guerlain meteorites and chanel loose powder makes me glow! I dont know whether it is the more moisturizing formula, the sheerer coverage to show my skin through it or just the great powders i use, but im definitely sticking with this! Staying power is good, very light coverage, suitable for everyday makeup. This is my first high end tinted moisturizer but i consider the price is reasonable as i dont need a lot. I have really sensitive skin and am acne prone but so far out this has not broken me out. There is a good colour choice, im a mac nc27 and use shade 2 in this. Edit: I think that this may be breaking me out, I'm so upset! But still 4 lippies as my skin is VERY acne prone and this stuff is brilliant otherwise.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No