September 20, 2014 | 1906 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HOW DOES THIS HAVE SUCH GOOD REVIEWS? It is way waaaaayy to scrubby, I felt like it was digging holes into my skin even when I massaged it really gently. Its also crazy messy and not practical. But my biggest issue with it was the residue. This is IMPOSSIBLE to wash off!!! It leaves a grey black residue that settles into all my pores and just would not come off with water, so I had to use my cleanser to get it off which I did not want to do because I can't over wash my face, it's quite sensitive . Despite all this , I used it three times a week (please don't use it more often it is just too much for the skin to handle ) and saw no improvement in my acne or oils. so bad

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by PosterRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing!

A bit about me: I have SUPER sensitive, acne prone skin with an oily t-zone. A few weeks ago, I was on the hunt for a new facial scrub. Something gentle that I could use 3 times a week. When I first heard about the properties of charcoal in skincare, I was intrigued and wanted to get my hands on Freeman's charcoal and black sugar scrub/mark. Unfortunately there are no Canadian retailers that sell the product, and was determined to find a substitute.

Man am I glad I found Dark Angels. It makes my skin soft, bright, and helps clear acne. I use this product in the shower, since it can be a bit messy. I also use LUSH's tea tree water toner to remove any left over residue. I tend to mix it in the palm of my hand for a longer period of time, so it's not as abrasive.

This product is awesome, and I definitely recommend everyone should check it out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Herome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't like this cleanser at all . The coal pieces are really big and too harsh to use on your face and I also find that it doesn't get rid of anything (oil or traces of foundation), it just scrapes my face. On the other hand I really like the smell. I use it as an overpriced bodyscrub :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by voodooochild

I have extremely oily skin and this cleanser is my favorite, hands down. Along with my skin being oily I tend to get random dry patches usually on my forehead or nose. Lately I also have been getting issues with cystic acne and blackheads. Lush DA has helped me tremendously with these issues and I can see myself using this forever! It's an extremely exfoliating scrub, definitely not suitable for every day use and I found myself using it three times a week. It leaves my skin smooth and bright, and my personal favorite, really diminished oil production. Yes, with this stuff my super oily skin would stay reasonably non oily all day. I also noticed it really helped dry out my acne and it would disappear a lot faster than usual. I like to put it on as a mask for about 5 minutes then just rinse it off. Sometimes it can be too exfoliating but I combat that by making an extremely watery paste and not scrubbing away at my face too much. It does leave black bits on my face and sometimes a gray cast, but a cotton pad and toner takes care of that. It is a lot easier to use in the shower, too. I have never tested this scrubs abilities as a makeup cleanser but it doesn't seem like it would work well so I would suggest to remove makeup before use. It smells earthy and lovely, just like licorice. Overall, I love this stuff and would recommend it to all oily skinned and acne prone people! If you don't have oily skin, this cleanser would just not have the same benefits.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Another so so product from LUSH.
I dont get why everyone raves about them so much?
As for this product it would sometimes leave a gray cast to my face that I really did not like.
If I had to pick I would rather use coal face, this was very messy and not enjoyable to work with, I hate to waste my money on products so I finished it up and would dread using due to the lack of benefits, mess and cast it left on my skin.
As for an exfoliant, this was a typical scrub for me nothing at all special.
You can make your own sugar scrubs at home that soften skin much nicer than this and for much less too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Sayyhayy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first lush product and I must say I am completely in love with it. I love the smell, and so does my younger, extremely pickey, brother so that says a lot. I have combination skin and it worked wonders. I had mild acne since I can remember and this cleared it up completely. I used it every night and sometimes in the morning. It left my skin very smooth. I would use about two peas and sprinkle water on it until it became pastey, rub it on my face in a circular motion and then rinse it off with warm water. I reccomend using it in the shower because it is messy (try to keep it away from the water stream. I had a lot of clogged pores that I could feel on my nose and it did wonders for them. I just ran out and I have been trying to order some more (closest store is an hour away) but they don't seem to have the 3.5 oz size in stock and I don't want to get the 8.8 oz as I don't think I'll finish it before it's experation date so I'm giving Herblism a go. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this as a stocking stuffer. I absolutely love the scent. Unfortunately I really feel that scrubs aren't good for acneic skin especially on actice acne. I think this would be great if you had combo/oily skin that wasn't prone to acne. It scrubs nicely, and makes your face feel smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Mellkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my first lush product and I have been using for a little over a month now. I love it! I wear a fair bit of makeup daily and I use this to get it off at night as opposed to a wipe. I find it to be much more efficient at removing my makeup and exfoliating my skin. It smells like sweet licorice which I love! It is easy to mix and only requires a minimal amount of water. A little goes a really long way, I'm thinking ill get a good 6 months out of it using it 1-2 times daily. My go to exfloiator before a face mask really leaves the skin feeling baby smooth but not dry! Will buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Horrible. I tried to like Lush products but for me, they are just overpriced, do not work, and smell disgusting. I have bought my last product from this brand. There are so many superior brands than Lush which work better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

LOVE this cleanser/exfoliant. Use it every other day in the shower (it's messy) and find it to be compatible with my acne prone skin. Hasn't broke me out and isn't too harsh or irritating on my skin. Will certainly repurchase.