December 19, 2014 | 830 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up because I needed something to exfoliate with. I really like the smell. It's a really woodland fresh smell. Like a campfire while camping. It is messy but I use it In the shower so no big. The first time I used it. I scrubbed my whole face. I soon noticed it was a bit too much for my non-oily skin. Now I just use it on the parts of my face that need exfoliation only when I need it and not as a preventative, so I don't dry out. I don't have a problem with a black residue even before toning. Which is something was worrying about. I also use it on my body once and a while. Really makes me soft and bright. Defiantly recommend to oily girls that like a rough scrub. Dry girls might want to look else where.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Another Lush sample that I didn't want This contains the volatile irritating fragrant oils rosewood and sandlewood.At 57 I still have an oily T-zone. Products like this are not the answer. They may seem to help temporarily but in the long run applying irritants to the skin like these oils will only make matters worse. Pores will become larger and skin oilier Also messy to use.This is not skin care. Avoid.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by mariahalmasy

This stuff is amazing! After a week of use, I can already see a big difference! My blackheads are practically all gone. I have tried pretty much everything to get rid of them, and this really works. Because I have sensitive skin, the fewer chemicals the better, so this is perfect. You really need only a dime size amount to work, so even the little container will last for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by thecoralfang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for an alternative to the hard-to-find charcoal & sugar scrub/mask by Freeman, and was really excited to find this product. It's not as drying as LUSH's comparable soap, and I love how easy it is to customize it to the texture I want (even if doing so makes a bit of a mess sometimes). I use it every other day, though, as the particles in it can be a bit abrasive and I have very sensitive skin. It doesn't leave any kind of oily residue, which is something I was worried about with this product, and overall, I love it, just not for everyday use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE the smell (like licorice) and the idea that it's natural but there are a couple big down sides to this cleanser. First you have to tear off a piece and mix it with water in your hands to use it, but it's crumbly and therefore it's easy to lose bits of it in the sink. This wastes product and is overall a nuisance because it gets a charcoal mess all over your bathroom. Second, this is a VERY abrasive cleanser with VERY large particles. You can definitely feel how rough they are even using no pressure when you wash your face. For a once a week scrub, it's great....but I am just not convinced that this is safe to use twice per day. It's also not cheap at $12.76 for 0.22lb.

This product did not break me out or cause any allergies, despite the harshness of the texture. However, I am also not sure that it would be a good idea if you did have active acne lesions or a tendency towards sensitive skin as it would likely aggravate those conditions.

I will probably not repurchase due to the cost for what see as a limited use product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HOW DOES THIS HAVE SUCH GOOD REVIEWS? It is way waaaaayy to scrubby, I felt like it was digging holes into my skin even when I massaged it really gently. Its also crazy messy and not practical. But my biggest issue with it was the residue. This is IMPOSSIBLE to wash off!!! It leaves a grey black residue that settles into all my pores and just would not come off with water, so I had to use my cleanser to get it off which I did not want to do because I can't over wash my face, it's quite sensitive . Despite all this , I used it three times a week (please don't use it more often it is just too much for the skin to handle ) and saw no improvement in my acne or oils. so bad

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by PosterRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing!

A bit about me: I have SUPER sensitive, acne prone skin with an oily t-zone. A few weeks ago, I was on the hunt for a new facial scrub. Something gentle that I could use 3 times a week. When I first heard about the properties of charcoal in skincare, I was intrigued and wanted to get my hands on Freeman's charcoal and black sugar scrub/mark. Unfortunately there are no Canadian retailers that sell the product, and was determined to find a substitute.

Man am I glad I found Dark Angels. It makes my skin soft, bright, and helps clear acne. I use this product in the shower, since it can be a bit messy. I also use LUSH's tea tree water toner to remove any left over residue. I tend to mix it in the palm of my hand for a longer period of time, so it's not as abrasive.

This product is awesome, and I definitely recommend everyone should check it out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Herome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't like this cleanser at all . The coal pieces are really big and too harsh to use on your face and I also find that it doesn't get rid of anything (oil or traces of foundation), it just scrapes my face. On the other hand I really like the smell. I use it as an overpriced bodyscrub :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by voodooochild

I have extremely oily skin and this cleanser is my favorite, hands down. Along with my skin being oily I tend to get random dry patches usually on my forehead or nose. Lately I also have been getting issues with cystic acne and blackheads. Lush DA has helped me tremendously with these issues and I can see myself using this forever! It's an extremely exfoliating scrub, definitely not suitable for every day use and I found myself using it three times a week. It leaves my skin smooth and bright, and my personal favorite, really diminished oil production. Yes, with this stuff my super oily skin would stay reasonably non oily all day. I also noticed it really helped dry out my acne and it would disappear a lot faster than usual. I like to put it on as a mask for about 5 minutes then just rinse it off. Sometimes it can be too exfoliating but I combat that by making an extremely watery paste and not scrubbing away at my face too much. It does leave black bits on my face and sometimes a gray cast, but a cotton pad and toner takes care of that. It is a lot easier to use in the shower, too. I have never tested this scrubs abilities as a makeup cleanser but it doesn't seem like it would work well so I would suggest to remove makeup before use. It smells earthy and lovely, just like licorice. Overall, I love this stuff and would recommend it to all oily skinned and acne prone people! If you don't have oily skin, this cleanser would just not have the same benefits.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Another so so product from LUSH.
I dont get why everyone raves about them so much?
As for this product it would sometimes leave a gray cast to my face that I really did not like.
If I had to pick I would rather use coal face, this was very messy and not enjoyable to work with, I hate to waste my money on products so I finished it up and would dread using due to the lack of benefits, mess and cast it left on my skin.
As for an exfoliant, this was a typical scrub for me nothing at all special.
You can make your own sugar scrubs at home that soften skin much nicer than this and for much less too.