April 16, 2014 | 1724 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by nursedye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara although I find that the non-waterproof of the voluminous carbon black stays on me all day as well even with my allergy watery eyes. This stuff is really hard to get off even with great waterproof eye makeup remover. It does give me both volume and length and hold my curl well and it's a really dark black which I love.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by chloie9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Dreadful stuff. Clumpy as all get out, then it smudges under your eyes? What the hell? How does a supposedly waterproof mascara SMUDGE? I have non-waterproof mascaras that perform better...and worse than that once it smudges under your eyes and leaves you looking like you lost a fight, you can't get the smudge off! Bizarre. I bought this when I was out of town for a funeral...I was stuck without waterproof mascara, and thought I might need it. I needn't have bothered as I wound up with raccoon eyes anyway. And I no longer have the packaging or I'd have returned it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Garbage. This barely did anything for my lashes. It basically just made them black. Little to no volume, minimal curl. But the worst part is that it melts off on my brow-bone and under my lower lash line...and I don't even have oily skin in the slightest! Removing this at night is a nightmare...it will barely budge and I always wake up with black residue under my eyes. What sense does that make? It melts off but wont wash off? It's expensive at $7 and I've had way better for way less.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by paoaguilar94

My second favorite mascara by far! This mascara can be either really gorgeous or really awful depending on how you apply it. If done correctly, you get amazing volume and kind of falsy but not clumpy looking lashes. The first time I tried it I hated it because it felt too heavy and looked too clumpy. Then I learned the trick is in removing the excess mascara in the brush by puting the brush in the edge of the tube and sliding (i hope this makes sense), then you can start applying it and building it as you like. You'll get incredibly long, voluminous, dark, false lashes. I don't recommend this for an everyday look but it looks amazing for a night out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyrox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really like this mascara. it gives me a lot of volume. however, you HAVE to scrape off the extra mascara or else you will get a clumpy, uni lash. after scraping off the TONS of extra mascara you have to apply it very carefully. if you do not you eyelashes will look very messy. i do not recommend this for first time mascara users, or people who do not spend alot of tome on there makeup. if you apply this mascara with lots of care you will get a full, thick, beautiful, false lash look

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Doesn't do much in terms of lengthening but makes my lashes look pretty full~ And the colour's great as well :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Love4Tulips

I am getting ready for a beach vacation. While I wear Clinique mascara daily, I opted for a cheapy waterproof option for around the water.

I was a bit skeptical after reading some horribly bad reviews on this site (raccoon eyes, flakes everywhere, etc), but I gave it a whirl yesterday as a trial run.

I am completely shocked this has such bad reviews. I put it on at 10am and took it off at 11:30pm....it was a 90 degree day, I ran errands, visited some friends, etc...My mascara didn't budge at all. In fact, the most annoying part was trying to remove it because it stays on so well. I even did a water test...I splashed some water on face...ran my wet fingers over my lashes...nothing! No flakes, no smudges...nothing! I even applied several coats for extra volume, which worked out great too.

I admit it's not as good my Clinique favorite, and I wouldn't wear this for daily use. However, it's really a great option for water activities. I do keep my makeup minimal for the beach, but I do feel naked without mascara. I am looking forward to wearing this on vacation, and I certainly have no complaints with this mascara for its $6.50 price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by kerriane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The best mascara. Holds up through vigorous exercise. Dark, full lashes without looking clumpy. Can be built up for more dramatic lashes or a coat or two to be appropriate for everyday. Can flake slightly

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I cannot seem to use this mascara without making a total mess somewhere! Either on my eyes or on my fingers or on my vanity table. The stopper at the top that scrapes off excess mascara at the top of the tube is too wide. Too much mascara comes out and I have to scrape the excess off at the top or wipe it on a tissue. If I don't, then it clumps like crazy or gets deposited where it's not supposed to be. I like that it is a deep dark black. It does take some effort to remove completely at the end of the day too, but that is usually the norm with waterproof mascaras. I'd seen this mascara praised by several makeup artists on their blogs, so I gave it a try, but I'm just not feeling the love.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by cheetahlicious

It is very dark but unfortunately does not work for me, the original voluminous is great for me but this one clumps my eyelashes together, does not really give them much thickness or length and it rubs off easily.