L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

2.6

on 9/6/2013 11:10:00 PM

I really wanted to love this mascara....

I was expecting a good amount of volume from it, and it didn't deliver. Apart from that though, it makes a really nice everyday my-lashes-but-better mascara. Holds a curl really well, nice and and black, flakes a little bit after awhile ... but not really that noticable unless you're right up close.

Packaging is really nice though, looks a lot more expensive then it is. The brush is full, so it does coat the lashes nicely.

Only reason i'm not repurchasing is because I prefer a lot more volume, but if you're looking for a nice every day mascara, this is it. It goes on sale pretty often too for 5.99 CAD, so BONUS!

(If you wanna stick with l'oreal and you want a lot of volume, get the Voluminous Power 24 hour, the brush is huge and it's great! Two coats and it's long lasting volume all day)

on 9/3/2013 9:58:00 AM

I absolutely love this mascara! It gives me amazing volume,while coating every single lash and also being the blackest formula! Great staying power as well. For the price you can't complain because you def. Get what you pay for plus more!! I recommend this to all of my friends and family or anyone who asks about a good quality for the price mascara. I quit using this for a while and for the life of me I don't know why. Haha but I would give it a try for sure because if you don't like it you can always return it :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the Voluminous mascara and I needed a waterproof mascara for the beach/pool/etc. I couldn't believe it when this mascara smudged under my eyes! II've never had a problem with a waterproof mascara... Usually they do not budge. I'm really disappointed in this product. I have non waterproof mascaras that don't smudge and are 100x easier to remove.

After about 30 minutes of wearing it turned me into a raccoon. A waste of money, never buying this again

on 5/12/2013 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I actually really like this mascara and, maybe far down the road, it'll be a permanent staple of my makeup bag. It lengthened and volumized pretty well and it didn't slide down my face over the course of the day (which is a big deal for me!) and it held curl excellently. With a good eye makeup remover it was fairly easy to take off, but didn't come off with just water (or tears!). The one thing that bothered me is that, especially as time went on, it was more and more difficult to apply without clumping, and so suddenly I'd only have like eight super thick eyelashes :P two ways I dealt with it: scraping off excess product so there wasn't so much on the wand before applying, and wiggling the brush back and forth at the base of my lashes before sweeping upwards.
Overall, I just don't need a waterproof mascara right now so I won't buy again for a while, but it certainly wasn't money wasted and should I need one in the future, I know what to get.

I heard this mascara was really good (and think I used it or a similar product in the past), but this was impossible to even open! I was going to return it but decided to have someone open the tube for me and gave it a shot.

This does make your lashes look pretty good (though not the best mascara I've tried for that false lash effect), but it seems to make my lashes fall out! No bueno! Back to Great Lash for me.

on 4/26/2013 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It didn't add any length but added decent volume and separated nicely. It held my curl pretty well but not as well as waterproof mascaras from Maybelline and Covergirl (but it was easier to take off than those). It was more of a natural look for me, which I like, especially for going to the beach or waterpark. However, I wouldn't dare wear it anywhere with water. I had it on for 2 hours and it was already smudging under my eyes, and I was just sitting in class on a fairly cool April day. I tried just wearing it on my top lashes and it still smudged. I wouldn't wear it around water, which makes this mascara pretty much useless since I don't like wearing waterproof mascara everyday.

on 4/22/2013 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

MY FAVORITE MASCARA OF ALL TIME.

This was perfect for my lashes. It did everything I needed a mascara to do. Added length, a bit of volume & separated my lashes at the same time. Another plus is that it's so lightweight. Sometimes, depending on how you apply, it doesn't even feel like you're wearing mascara. I've gotten some many compliments on my lashes when I wore this mascara! :) Super happy with this mascara. Will repurchase it until the day I die. It's a must-have in my collection.

on 4/10/2013 11:10:00 PM

I love/hate this mascara. I LOVE the way it leaves my eyelashes. It makes them look full and long when I first apply it. However, not even an hour later I look a raccoon. It is the exact opposite of waterproof and it flakes like crazy. I have never had a mascara flake that much. I would never purchase this mascara again.

on 4/4/2013 11:12:00 PM

Oh...they came soooooo close with this one. It could have been my HG. It's soooo beautifully rich and black...my eyes just pop.

Waterproof?? Not only is this NOT waterproof, it literally look like a raccoon before I'm out the door. :( However, BEFORE I look like a raccoon...my eye lashes look like a mascara ad. Gosh I love this mascara.

I've tried different under eye concealers and powders with this. I even stopped putting it on my lower lashes. I've tried topping this with Voluminous as my last coat.

My lashes are pretty long and thick so I this might be why it's such a problem for me. Shorter last ladies might not have as much transfer. If it didn't smudge it would be my fav mascara ever.