Givenchy Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

I apply 2-3 pumps of this over my moisterized (clinique moisture surge w/philosophy turbo boost c) primed (Mac prep and prime face protect) skin with my fingers, then buff it in with my LY foundation brush and Sephora Airbrush concealer brush. Occasionally I will add a little Mac BB to it for some extra dewiness, sometimes a smudge of KA SSE if I need a bit more cover. Alone is great too. Flawless flawless flawless no matter what.

Pros:
- Beautiful, lasting,flawless satiny finish that looks like REALLY good on my finicky normal/dry skin. To begin with, my skin is fortunately pretty clear. I can apply it at 7am, and 12 hours later it is still pretty much intact. I get a little oily mid day in my t-zone, so touching up halfway through the day is a must with a blotting sheet and MAC Blot Powder.Even when I don't my skin still looks decent 12 hours later.

- Buildable coverage
- Sanitary pump

Cons:
- I am NC25, and buy #5 Perfect Praline, which must be a popular color because Sephora is always out of stock online. Nordstrom, Saks,Macys dosen't carry this line. I have to just hope that my color is in stock next time I go to my local Sephora (which btw is only one of like 3 I live by that carries this brand).
- Like most liquids, make sure you exfoliate, moisterize and prime properly or it will settle into lines and pores.
- a little pricy, but worth it. At least you only need 2 pumps max.

Love this more than anything I have tried so far!

on 4/10/2012 1:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I just bought this foundaion in Number 5 and must say i am loving it! I have used it twice and it has a great staying power and it does not make my t-zone oily like Guerlain. For reference i am about NC 25. I am a foundation junkie and love to try new ones.

I have bought this foundation twice and I love it. So much that now I've decided to try something new, I just think I'll buy this a third time instead of changing. Its dewy but doesn't make you shiny, photographs beautifully looking like you've naturally gorgeous skin but still has spf in, and finally it lasts all day even without primer.

I have only two complaints....one the colour range, I bought the lightest shade and its still a little too dark on my extremely fair skin. Half a shade lighter would be perfect. The 2nd is that as the foundation gets older (first bottle lasted about a year, 2nd 6 months used it more often) I find that it oxidizes, for like 5 months it was perfect, but after I just noticed it turning slightly orange. Never the less I LOVE this foundation and why theres little to no hype around it I don't understand!

on 3/31/2012 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

While the color, perfect praline, suits me quite well (better than many other brands in fact) I simply cannot use this because I have extremely oily acne prone skin and while this covered quite well it left me feeling too greasy and halfway through the day my makeup was sliding off of my face despite me trying various primers and setting powders.
If you have sensitive skin/nose then be aware that there is a distinct smell- personally Im fine with that, but just be aware of it. To me it is not unpleasant.
Very sad that it seems that either the formula doesnt work for me or the color doesnt! Have yet to find an HG :(

on 3/26/2012 9:48:00 AM

Gorgeous foundation. I find it to give me a 'my skin but better' look, it looks so natural, it can't be seen!! But it makes my skin flawless. I'm lucky to have clear skin anyway, so I'm not sure how it would be for someone with blemishes, but it's perfect on me. I use my small MAC stippling brush (I can't remember the number!) and use a tiny amount (1 pump) dotted over the middle of my face and buff out (I only use it where I need it) and it blends seamlessly. It's very expensive, I was very lucky to win a bottle very cheap on Ebay, so I'm unsuer if i'd be able to afford it full price very often, but it's definatley one i'd save for special occasions. BTW I am NW20 and use 04/Vanilla and it's a lovely match.

on 3/22/2012 1:11:00 AM

I also got this as a sample from sephora. The texture was silky and smooth but that's about it. Even though my sample color was darker than me it still gave a "chalky" finish and emphasized my acne scars.

on 3/15/2012 11:16:00 PM

This is definitely the best and the most expensive foundation I've ever used...but it is worth it. Like so many new reviewers of this product, I received a sample of this foundation with my Sephora order in #5 Perfect Praline. I had already found what I thought was my HG foundation, Face & Body by MUFE, by the time I received the sample, but I was so pleasantly surprised when I tried this foundation.

The consistency is more watery than other liquid foundations I've used (Smashbox and Clinique - medium consistency, MUFE F&B - gel consistency) and the first time I tried this I definitely put way too much on the back on my hand. I still had a good 1/3 left when I was done. I apply this by lightly dabbing my stippling brush on the product, then stippling the foundation quickly on my face. I have light-medium skin with slight yellow undertones and #5 applies lighter than my skin color, however, after blending and drying, dries to match my skin almost perfectly. I wouldn't say it oxidizes though because once it's blended it doesn't turn even darker or orange on me. In MUFE F&B, I am in between #20 (Ivory) and #32 (Alabaster Beige). I probably lean more towards #20 now that it's end of winter, but in the summer I can become a little darker than #32. Comparing the two brands of foundation, when I mix 1 pump #20 and 1 pump #32 of MUFE F&B (which is what I was using before I found Photo Perfexion), I get the exact color as #5 Perfect Praline (when it is dried and blended).

I have never, ever looked this amazing after applying foundation. I have pretty clear skin with some pigment/scarring from past acne on my chin and under my nose, but for the most part I am blemish free everywhere else and my skin texture is pretty even. Photo Perfexion evens out my skintone and makes my skin look flawless. I use over NARS (custard or ginger) and Murad (medium) concealers and my scarring/small blemishes are well hidden. You can still see them if you look up close, however, from regular distance (eg looking in a mirror) you can't see them at all, and I am sure they would not get picked up in photos, with or without flash. I have dark under eye circles and this foundation hides them well too.
It's kind of hard to explain the finish. It's soft, matte, but luminous (in the good way) at the same time. Applying with my stippling brush, I get a perfect airbrushed finish. I finish off with Clinique's matte pressed powder and my skin looks amazing from 7AM past 7PM. With my MUFE F&B, I would get a little oily around my T-zone at the 3PM-4PM mark, but with this foundation...nothing. It is currently 9 PM and I can't feel even the slightest oiliness to my skin, not even my T-zone. The finish, not to mention, still looks perfect - soft, even and not blotchy. I should also mention that when I'm done applying my makeup, I do use MUFE Mist & Fix. I have used that with MUFE F&B as well, but I get better lasting power with the Givenchy foundation.

Overall, I'm really happy with this foundation. I think this is HG material. It's a shame since I just perfected my application for MUFE F&B, but I think I will use this during the colder months and MUFE during the summer when I want a more lightweight foundation with lighter coverage. The Givenchy doesn't feel heavy at all on my skin, and the fragrance is not noticeable to me. I would classify the coverage as light-medium, but it's definitely buildable to medium. The only thing I"m concerned about with this foundation is that I won't be able to find a perfect match for my tanned summer skin if I do choose to use it in the summer. It seems like many people have said on MUA and Sephora reviews that Shade #6 and #7 tend to turn orange. Perhaps I can mix with MUFE #32 or darker to get my perfect summer shade...

For a foundation, it is very expensive, however, I think one bottle can last me an entire year considering my MUFE F&B will last me over a year. A little goes a long way!

Edit 05/20/12 - I wore this on my wedding day and it photographs beautifully. I had flawless skin in pictures, and my makeup looks as if it was professionally done although I did it myself. I found that applying primer, then concealer, setting everything with powder and then applying the foundation and setting again with powder and makeup fixing spray makes the foundation last ALL day. I only had to blot and powder once and that was just for good measure.

on 3/12/2012 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is pretty amazing. Like many others, I picked this as one of my free samples in a recent Sephora order. Amazingly, the sample shade (5 - I think it's called Perfect Praline) suits my complexion pretty well, even though I pull a little warm/yellow. It applies like a dream and has moderate coverage that looks very natural - not too dewy nor too matte. I personally love the Givenchy scent, but it does dissipate quickly.

on 3/9/2012 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Got this in a sample from Sephora and tried it this morning. I usually use a drop of MUFE HD mixed with Stila Luminizer Tinted Moisture, but figured I'd give this a shot. It looked great the first few hours but I just checked the mirror and it looks chalky/cakey/sliding. I don't have overly oily skin either. I have pretty good skin as well, and it seems to be settling into any little flaw I do have. I'll stick to my normal routine.

on 3/7/2012 8:10:00 PM

I've been using this for about 3 weeks after a colossal failure with Chanel Lumiere. I like it, don't love it. I've been searching for something a bit more sheer than Laura Mercier silk creme, which was settling in fine lines too much for my liking. This is probably too sheer. I'm NW15, pale with pink undertones and a bit of blotchiness but nothing major to cover except dark circles from allergies. Photo'perfexion was highly recommended by a CM at my local Sephora after I'd tried on practically every foundation in the store. It's easy to apply if you work in sections. Use your fingertips or a MAC 130. Don't bother with the MAC 190, it's not gonna go on well. It dries fairly quickly, so work fast. Coverage is fairly light, but it provides decent coverage to smooth out slight discoloration. It didn't oxidize on me, which was a huge plus after the Jersey Shore nightmare that Chanel was for me. My main complaint is how quickly it seemed to disappear. i couldn't make it through a work day without feeling like Photo'perfexion ran out on me somewhere shortly after lunchtime. Second, but lesser, issue -- it seemed to dry my skin out and looked VERY chalky/flaky anywhere I was a bit dry. I'm a dedicated Tazorac user, so this is an issue. I might buy this again for summertime wear. I hope I find something better, though.