April 18, 2014 | 1890 users online

Liquid - Givenchy - Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this in a sample from Sephora and tried it this morning. I usually use a drop of MUFE HD mixed with Stila Luminizer Tinted Moisture, but figured I'd give this a shot. It looked great the first few hours but I just checked the mirror and it looks chalky/cakey/sliding. I don't have overly oily skin either. I have pretty good skin as well, and it seems to be settling into any little flaw I do have. I'll stick to my normal routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by daisyeyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about 3 weeks after a colossal failure with Chanel Lumiere. I like it, don't love it. I've been searching for something a bit more sheer than Laura Mercier silk creme, which was settling in fine lines too much for my liking. This is probably too sheer. I'm NW15, pale with pink undertones and a bit of blotchiness but nothing major to cover except dark circles from allergies. Photo'perfexion was highly recommended by a CM at my local Sephora after I'd tried on practically every foundation in the store. It's easy to apply if you work in sections. Use your fingertips or a MAC 130. Don't bother with the MAC 190, it's not gonna go on well. It dries fairly quickly, so work fast. Coverage is fairly light, but it provides decent coverage to smooth out slight discoloration. It didn't oxidize on me, which was a huge plus after the Jersey Shore nightmare that Chanel was for me. My main complaint is how quickly it seemed to disappear. i couldn't make it through a work day without feeling like Photo'perfexion ran out on me somewhere shortly after lunchtime. Second, but lesser, issue -- it seemed to dry my skin out and looked VERY chalky/flaky anywhere I was a bit dry. I'm a dedicated Tazorac user, so this is an issue. I might buy this again for summertime wear. I hope I find something better, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this in '5 Perfect Praline' and it matches my NC20-ish skin perfectly. This is an AMAZING foundation! It's not thick in consistency at all, but provides an incredible coverage without a heavy/cakey look. I find this balance difficult to find in most foundations. I apply it with a stipling brush and it really looks airbrushed and natural, still covering my dark spots and bumps from cyclic cystic acne. It stayed put and didn't fade or resettle, though I do use a primer. No breakouts or irritation. I've experienced no oxidization, either. Was easy to remove (a lot of foundations 'stick' in my skin it seems, but this washed off easily and thoroughly).
My only gripe is the price-$47 USD!-though I expected this to run high. It's too bad Sephora doesn't have my color available (they really have a small selection in this online), because I think I'm going to make the splurge before too long and purchase this. Maybe I'll go through Givenchy directly. The best foundation I've used so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by ckapp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went into Parfumerie Douglas to try out the new Chanel foundation that just came out and the SA promptly veered me away from the Chanel counter over to Givenchy claiming the Photo'Perfection would be perfect for my skin. So she put it on and wow- just wow. Perfect, natural looking skin...so good that my husband wanted to buy it for me right then and there lol! But I wanted to see how it would wear and look in natural light so I wore it around town while doing some shopping/small errands. It looked so amazing after wearing it most of the day that I went back and bought the foundation that evening.

I finally- I mean FINALLY- found a perfect color match in a foundation (04 Perfect Vanilla) and it doesn't oxidize....I can't stand it when foundations change color on you...drives me bonkers! It gives the finish I'm always wishing for; a semi-matte but with a luminous finish, excellent coverage but incredibly lightweight and natural with good staying power. My t-zone tends be a little redder than the rest of my face and it evens out my skin tone perfectly taking care of the redness and discolorations from acne scarring. The coverage is so good that I sometimes forgo using concealer. I love that my skin can still breathe and feel like nothing is on it but look like I have natural, perfect skin. I use maybe half a pump and I'm good to go. I find that using my hands gives the best finish and it spreads very easily on my moisturized skin and a little goes a long ways. The consistency is not runny or thick; it's in-between I suppose which makes it very easy to work with. As an aside I typically have combo-oily skin during the summer, more combo-dry in the winter and so far I'm in love.

Now on to the cons. If you have any flakies or dry patches it will highlight those areas. I tend to stay clear of this foundation when I'm treating hormonal acne; not because it causes acne but because the treatments I use tend to dry the area just a bit so if you have dry skin test try this foundation first. Also you will photograph shiny because of the SPF 20 so that is something to keep in mind. And perhaps I'm being overly picky here but it will transfer slightly if you don't use a good primer. It only transfers on the end of my nose towards the end of the day (but I tend to wipe/blow my nose during the wintertime).

Despite the cons this is HG for me; at least during the wintertime. I will update this review once summer comes along. I think it will work even better during the summer once my skin is not as windchapped and dry from the winter weather. I'm so incredibly grateful to Givenchy for making this gem of a foundation and I would be crushed if they discontinued this...it's that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Michaelangelo22

Love the bottle, love the color, love the coverage, love the staying power, LOVE that it doesn't break me out, and love love love that it evens out my skin tone. Def. On of my favorite foundations along with bobbi brown foundation stick, chanel mat lumiere, chanel double perfection, and armani silk.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by bigbu

I have so many acne scars, red pimples here and there, and I have been using Estee Lauder Double wear for a long time since it covers my imperfections. But then I found this foundation. THe coverage is sheer but buildable and now I use concealer to cover my acne. It gives me a very natural and glowing finish. I dont know about looking in the picture but in real life I really like it. I set it with my Dior forever powder and I have smooth, natural, long lasting looking.
And the good thing is it doesn't break me out like other foundations: Shiseido, Clinique, Guerlain.
I highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by mmcmsp

I really like this foundation. It's sheer, gives a nice finish to the skin. Not good if you have oily skin but for my, with very dry opaque skin, does an amazing job. I would not buy again because there are many other sheer foundations I would love to try and buy but yes, it is a great foundation that you can build up to get more cover, it lasts all day, gives a nice glow to the skin and the photos look amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ballerinabooty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this product in a sample from Sephora when I purchased my F&F. Wow. I waited a few weeks to bust it open, and now I can't get enough - the product is thin, blendable, easy to build on - and the best part is that a little bit, as in a drop the size of a pencil eraser, works so well on my entire face. I am in love with this foundation. I'm pretty disappointed though, it's OOS at Sephora.com (and has been, for weeks) and my B&M Sephora does not carry it. Anyway. The scent of the foundation is a bit much. I'm not overly acquainted with Givenchy products, perhaps this is par for the course. It dissipates shortly after application, luckily. Gives a luminous finish, I set it with some translucent powder to make it last longer though. I'm combo, but get hormonal breakouts on my jaw/low cheeks. The sample Sephora sent me, #4, was just right. I'm a N20 and cannot wait to get my hands on a FS bottle! If you can sample it, definitely give it a whirl.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by illamasquaFreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This Foundation is surprisingly the only well developed foundation that is BUILDABLE from Givenchy. As like Guerlain, the colour choice is a bit limited BUT the semi tones and under tones withing this particular complex make the foundation suitable for a wider variety of complexion. Even if you can't find your colour, a good primer mixed at the right ratio will make it a PERFECT match.
If that fails, use powder that is one shade lighter/darker of your foundation.
Love
J.T

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by freezer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product makes my skin glow even though it gives great coverage. I had been using a By Terry foundation which I loved but the price eventually killed off my desire ( about double Givenchy price ) This only needs a couple of pumps to do my face so I think it is a bargain for something of this quality. The SPF 20 was a big selling point: so many high end brands are SPF 10 or even zero