Smashbox Lash DNA

2.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

ok, so i am usually a dior-only mascara snob. i have tried many good mascaras both cheap and exspensive ones. But i tried this mascara and it totally trumps all my dior mascaras!!!!!! the only thing is it can get clumpy bc i put 2-3 coats on. crazy right? well i will give you my one beauty secret that you will think is way too crazy. hear me out first...to get the clumps out-i use a needle to separate the clumps and lashes. its dangerous but if your careful it does the trick! my friend used to do it while driving in a car, it scared me to death bc she would was a speed demon and would hit speed bumps-ugh. i love love this mascara.

on 4/23/2011 2:38:00 AM

Is the brush huge? Yes but it's not THAT hard to deal with. 1 coat makes my lashes look great, 2 makes them look amazing. It lengthens AND volumizes AND curls. I have several mascaras that do one or two of those things but this is the only one that does all 3. My lashes are medium length and semi-thick but very straight, this mascara curls them up, makes them look super long and thick with no clumping. I have the trial size and plan on buying the full size when I run out.

on 4/22/2011 10:36:00 AM

I got the sample and just cannot get used to the brush. It is too big and awkward. Worse, my lashes stick together.

on 4/20/2011 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this mascara and have purchased it twice now in black. The wand takes a little getting used to; its thicker and awkward initially but the brush does a great job of separating and defining the lashes. I'm finding that I have better control with this wand and brush now. The brush is chunky so its very easy to mess up when putting it on--especially in the corners of my eye. It takes more effort and attention than regular brushes so be patient. I love that it does not fade at all even after wearing it for 8-9 hours. A good makeup remover is a must because this stuff lasts!
I find that 1 coat gives a nice natural look and 2 coats really makes my eyes pop. Anything more than that looks too heavy for my taste.
The price is on the expensive side if you purchase it at their store but I have found it new on ebay for less than half the cost so shop around if you are looking to save money.

So I finally get Smashbox's Lash DNA. Wow, this stuff is amazing. It has a huge spoolie brush and it definitely coats every lash. Now I have long lashes but they're not thick. This mascara really thickens them up without clumping. I'm very impressed and I would definitely buy this again. :D

on 4/2/2011 7:52:00 PM

This mascara is decent. Its voulumizing. It looks horrible on my lashes when I apply it alone. I apply this mascara when my lashes are already coated with a different mascara. it makes them really dark and thick.

I think I am in the minority but I really like the brush! Maybe that is because I have small eyes and I find that the short brush makes it easy to maneuver? Anyway, I like this formula a lot. For everyday it leaves my lashes looking pretty thick and long - but not overly mascara-ed. You can also build the formula up and create more dramatic lashes. I didn't give this five stars because it has a bit of a strong chemical smell.

on 3/17/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok, I am reading alot of different reviews about this one and I have to add my 2 cents. I really think this product is great, but maybe for some should be used for special occasions, provided you know how to use the short thick odd shaped applicator. I have been applying mascara forever and have used so many crazy shaped/sized applicators that I have found a way to use virtually any. (Havent been tripped up yet).. Anyway I love the fact that the product is more of a creamy consistency not too thick not too thin, I can curl my lashes before and after to give more lift and there is never any flakes. This stuff lasts FOREVER which does make it tricky to remove. I have read alot of complaints about that. One thing I do is apply 100% jojoba oil on a cotton ball and swipe my eyes and face prior to washing, its non irritating and gentle. Then I wash my face completely gently wiping my lashes downward. anything left I hit it with a bit of the jojoba oil again, its really moisturizing to the eye as well...that usually does the trick. But all in all the volume, length and curl it provides along with natural looking definition by far out weighs the difficulty of removal for me. You can't expect a long lasting mascara not to have a bit of a hold that might take an extra step to remove. Would've given it a 5 lippies if it werent for the wierd wand that takes practice to properly utilize.

on 3/12/2011 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The brush is ridiculous. It's so fat and unpractical I really don't know what they were thinking when they made this. The formula itself is okay. It lengthens the lashes more than it thickens. But I can't put as much on as I'd like because I'm constantly thinking about poking my eyeball with the brush. Also, it gets on the eyelids if you're not extra careful. And it smudges after a while. Not recommended, will not repurchase.

on 3/5/2011 2:53:00 AM

I received a sample size from Sephora. It thickens my lashes like no other mascara I've ever tried. The lengthening is so-so, but passable. The brush was huge, even in its sample size. I personally don't mind the brush size, but it can be hard to avoid getting on your upper eyelids.

Popular Mascaras