Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil

on 3/19/2012 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

So far this is the best product that I've found that stays on my waterlines and doesn't smudge down and give me raccoon eyes!

on 1/28/2012 9:20:00 AM

I have two of these - Bronze and Onyx, that I got with the GWP 2011. The Onyx is worse than the Bronze. I had to go over the line a few times and they don't last very long, especially the Onyx. I'm quite disappointed as I really wanted to like them.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i'm reviewing Onyx.
my staple black pencil liner.
first with the colour; the black is very intense; not a natural jellyish black, but not a juicy juicy black like MAC's Smolder. i feel like it's dark enough to do what i want it to, and be as intense as i want it to, but it doesn't steal the show; like the lovely 'Smolder' does.
now with staying power; for me, the staying power is a 9/10. it does stay in place for me, and does not smudge at all like other black khols. to me, this is the kind of black pencil liner you can put on, and not have to feel self-conscious throughout the day that it's migrated to other areas of the face ;) also, it does fade a little off my waterline; but not enough to (like a previous reviewer said) change the look i was going for. and i always reapply it to my inner rims during loo breaks anyway as with any pencil.
i also love the built-in smudger.
i never use this on my top lashline; because to me, only liquid liner really gives my top lashline that razor edge definition. but on the times when i've been in a rush and have used it on top; it's done it's job and stays black enough.
i always stuck to brown on my inner rims for a long time; because of having to go hours without a make-up check; but this has allowed me to still wear the black i desire whilst not having to worry about it smudging!
a few tips: if liners smudge on you; try to wear your eyeshadow primer on the bottom lashline, and extend it a tiny little bit down towards your undereye area.
and use the smudger to smudge the product in, even if it's just a TINY bit. don't just apply it and leave it like you would with a liquid liner.
would buy again!

on 1/8/2012 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in Coffee and Onyx. I find this formula very creamy and pigmented and it has decent staying power. Much like the Urban Decay 24/7 liners, this super creamy liner goes on very smooth, but due to the softness of the formula, it's hard to make a precise line, and I find I have to sharpen it very often. The black is a deep, dark black, but once it begins to fade, it turns blue around the edges, which I don't like. Overall, Revlon Colorstay is still my #1 choice of pencil eyeliners. No need to sharpen, budge-proof formula, and the black stays a true flat black. Won't repurchase this one.

on 12/22/2011 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Great pencil. Better than my GA, Chanel, MUFE, MAC, and Sisley. Wore through a run plus unexpected torrential downpour rain. Smears by the end of my 13+ hour shift. Soft, deep black. Needs reapplied throughout the day but about as long wearing and non-waxy as I can get (exceptions being Trish McEvoy), plus for the price--you can't go wrong! Absolutely repurchase, great price, wish it came with a sharpener!

on 12/8/2011 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

While it is certainly a darker plum - I wouldn't call it a black plum. But that's ok - I really like it & have purchased it several times. Very smooth applying but also very long-lasting. Get it - you won't be sorry!

on 10/12/2011 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My favorite eyeliner. Goes on easily, with no tugging. Staying power is quite good, IMO.

on 10/9/2011 9:34:00 PM

I got this as part of Estee Lauder's gift promotion when I purchased a bottle of the Double Wear foundation. I had never given any thought to purchasing their eyeliner because it's quite expensive. However, the first day using the eyeliner it stayed put ALL day! I applied it at about 7:30am and it still looked great at 7:30pm! Definitely the longest lasting eyeliner I have ever used. The only thing I used on top of the eyeliner is a little bit of black eyeshadow by NYX. I will definitely be purchasing the eyeliner when I use up the one I received in the gift.

on 10/8/2011 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Estee Lauder Double Wear have great long lasting power...except when it comes to their eyeliners. They completely smudge right away and within 15 minutes it fades so quickly. I give one star for its pigmentation because it is very dark and applies smoothly without tugging at your eye.

on 10/8/2011 7:08:00 AM

This is difficult to get on and once on it fades in a few hours. Generally speaking,I have been disappointed with most Estee Lauder products in all categories.