October 22, 2014 | 1797 users online

Blush - Coastal Scents - Contour & Blush Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by XoCaitlin

I use the Contour & Blush Palette every day! The blushes look great and are applied very easily. The contour shade is the perfect shade to slim down the face or whatever you use it for. & the highlight color is great for the under eye area. I never know what to do with the other 2 colors.. but the rest are great :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by zunaira

I looove this for contouring! I was skeptical about this b/c I have never bought such a dark color for contouring but this was great. I lightly tap my brush into the brown and sweep it on. A very light hand is needed for the blushes as well as the contouring. They are all buildable. I really like the darker mauve blush too, but I have never used the other two light highlighting colors. I guess I don't know what to do with them. But the palette is well worth it for the contour color and the two blushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by bombshellglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing palette!! The blushes are actually really pigmented; I actually like them better than some of my MAC blushes. I find the contour color to be perfect (and I'm pretty fair-skinned...NC25). I just use a light hand, building it up gradually, and make sure to blend. It seriously looks perfect on me, even with my pale skin! The white highlight is matte, which is great if you want to use it to highlight your nose as well (which I do). It took me awhile to figure out what to do with the other 2 peachy colors, but I've started using them to set my foundation/concealer and they work pretty well for that. This palette is a definite must have for medium to tan skin tones, but I really think it works well for fair skin too, as long as you're not piling on the colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Love it. I love the blushes and the contour/highlight colors. I find I use this more in the winter than in the summer. Not sure why.

The contour color is a warm matte red-toned brown that is super pigmented. It takes a light hand and a bit of practice. I find Benefit's Hoola much easier to work with and blend into my skin. Hoola's also more versitile overall.

The highlight colors are a bit chalky, but they work well on my oily skin.

What sets this apart for me are the blushes. I really like them. And the pans are HUGE, so there's a ton or product for not much $$.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by cynthiamd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought it off ebay, and accidently got sent two, so my price was DiRT cheap.
I'm a NC-25/30 and the blushes work so well with my skin I now use them as my daily blush. I prefer a more pigmented rosy cheek and this is perfect.
The bronzer is a bit too dark but I still use it along side the hilighting white colour which is just fine.
The light/translucent face powder is pretty useless.
Sounds great if it wasn't so chalky and lasted for more than an hour.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by jesshei

i really like everything in this palette except the contour colour. i am very pale and i find the contour colour to be too much on the red side to work as a contour. it always turns out looking like a bad blush. i do like the blush colours, i find they look good on most skin tones. the consistency is very fine, almost like talcum powder and they are very buildable. this is great for beginners.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 3:07:00 AM More reviews by carlyrand

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is a great palette for people just starting out with makeup. You get really nice matte colors, and really simple pink blushes. Instead of blowing $20 on individule contour powders, highlight powders, blushes, etc., you get it all in one for $20! The contour shade is great and I like putting the highlight powder overtop of my Photo Op.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Lisahh

I love this palette, all of the colors work well with my NC20 skin tone. They are all so easy to blend together in the palette and onto my skin. The powder doesn't make your skin looking dry, as long as you moisturize your skin first. I think the yellow/tan-ish powder works so well for me just as a setting powder. It makes my skin look so good. Use a light hand on the bronzer if you're fair skinned because it is easy to overdo it. This palette is very nice, and I would repurchase.

For the breakdown:

White: It worked just like a transparent oil control powder. I would usually mix it with the peach and pink shade to highlight my skin.

Light Pink: This powder was great to use a highlighter for the cheeks and t-zone.

Peach: I liked using it to even out my foundation, more specifically for my cheeks.

Brown (Contour Color): A highly pigmented contouring shade, fit for almost any skin type. Went on very easily, just use a light hand if you have a fair complexion.

Blushes(2): They are both beautiful and works really well. I mix this with the light pink powder to tone down the color.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

I bought this product so that I could play around with contouring my face. I have to say that the blushes are pretty decent, and the brown is very good for contouring given that you are very careful with the application (it's very pigmented and not very forgiving), but the white is chalky-looking. I wouldn't have much of a problem with the white's appearance but it also doesn't have very good staying power at all. The brown has good staying power, as does the blush. And the concealers are absolutely useless. Perhaps if they improved the highlighter's staying power and got rid of the concealers this would be better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

I loved the concept of this palette but the countouring color was too dark, the colors were a little chalky and they didn't last long at all. The highlighting white color wasn't very pigmented either. Maybe if I applied over a sticky foundation they would show up better and stay on longer, but I have oily skin and have to use dryer, more matte foundations. This would probably be better for theater makeup. I was dissapointed in this.

ALTHOUGH, I must add, the lighter pink blush in this palette is a BEAUTIFUL color that gives you a flushed look. NC25-30