September 30, 2014 | 1132 users online

Palettes - BeneFit Cosmetics - Smokin' Eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Everything inside this kit is very good quality which I think is true with all of Benefit's products. You get a good eyeshadow brush, tweezers, 3 shades of eyeshadow (1 for highlighting, 1 for all-over base and 1 darker shade for outer corners), tinted brow gel and the "eye bright" cream. This definitely gives you smoldering, smoky eyes which is my favourite look. I have so many MAC eyeshadow brushes and smoky eyeshadow and highlighting shades but if I'm in a hurry this does the job almost as well. The base colour shade reminds me of Knight Divine, for reference, and the shimmery colour is like a more lilac version of White Frost. I love this kit and would definitely think about repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic little palette! Benefit definitely know how to do eye palettes. This and Big Beautiful eyes are perfect! I could survive with just these 2 palettes.

Smokin' Eyes has 3 eye shadows, eye bright, brow zing, an eye liner and a mini tweezers. The eyeshadows are so pigmented. I love them so much. They blend beautifully. The eye bright adds a nice touch to brighten the inner corners. The brow wax is absolutely perfect on my brown brows and gives them a great shape. The tweezers isn't great but I'm used to my Tweezerman! I lost the eye pencil under a couch never to be found again so I can't comment too much on that!

I really like this palette and the brushes are pretty good too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by RandomFlopsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Not a bad little kit, but outrageously expensive for the product sizes. The eyeshadows are very small but highly pigmented, and last a long time; I'll be using the highlight colour for months, I've hardly made a dent. The Eye Bright has gone muddy from the e/s dust, and now I have to wipe it with a tissue before use lest I paint on dark circles - not my intended effect.
The brow wax is probably the best thing in the set, and the only product I would buy full size. It definitely wouldn't suit everyone, as it's quite dark: my brows are dark blonde/light brown and I could do with a paler shade.
Brush quality is good but it's tiny, and having to use the same hard angle brush for eyeliner and brow wax means one eyebrow ends up a different colour unless you double-dip.
The eyeliner pencil is so stubby it's hardly useable after a couple of weeks. I found it too soft, smudged easily and inevitably broke when sharpening.

The tweezers, quite frankly, are rubbish, although the magnetic section that holds them in place is a nifty idea.

The kit is a great idea, but it lacks somewhat in the performance department. Although the individual products are good quality, you're better off buying them separately, tailored to your own colouring. I expected to get more use out of it for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by beu2fool

I really like this little kit. Usually I'm a brown shadow smoky eye kinda girl, but thought I'd give this a try and am glad I did. The colors are really nice and they blend out well. The brushes are not horrible, though I do use my own. I really love the brow-zing. The eye bright...I'm still on the wall about that. It goes on a bit dry and accentuated any dryness I may have in the inner corner of my eye, even after using a rich eye cream. Overall a nice kit, but a lil bit pricey at $36 USD

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by hho504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This whole Smokin' Eyes package is really cute, & the truth is it's a must for me, as I'm always on a hurry and I can easily pick it up, put it in my bag and use it anywhere, as it has a perfect size and it is so easy to use. BUT, I have to say that I don't use everything there's in it: those tweezers are a joke (easily the worst I've ever had), and the brows' brown wax is too dark for me. Other than that, I'm quite pleased w/ it.
Aw, and the last thing: it is quite expensive... at least in Europe

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by change2red

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

to makeupaddictla, you have 2 use an eyeshadow base b4 u apply. brushes make all the difference in the world. when your rushed smokey eyes are the last thing you should be trying to apply. i love this kit use it all the time. if you bought everything sepreratly its be tax. great deal! i <3 benefit!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a pretty decent palette. I do like the concept of this since it is excellent for traveling and when rushed. However, the quality of products inside the palette isnt the best. The black eyeliner that it comes with for example, smudges like crazy. I get a raccoon eye an hour after application and that's with setting it with the powder! Not amazed with the quality of that eyeliner at all. The eyeshadows are really decent too. Not greatly pigmented but not terrible either. I like the pink color since it is very neutral and great for everyday but it's not as pigmented as I would like. I just find that I really have to pack colors on with this palette. The brow stuff are good. Nothing bad to say about them. Great for when I'm in a rush since everything I typically need is in this palette.

Overall an okay product. i wouldnt purchase this again but will continue using it since it's not terrible either.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a cute little palette. I've worn it a few times. The mini tweezers are so cute. I will buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 7:38:00 AM More reviews by LaNinja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Since I'm a huge fan of benefit products and love smokey eyes as well the Smokin' Eyes palette was a must-have for me. I think it has everything you need for creating this signature eye make-up and I love the tiny tweezers that come with the package. It's a bit pricey, but still affordable. Like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love love this easy to use pallette. the price is steep, at $32 yes. however, you get a ton of products in one kit. 2 eyeshadows (gorgeous shimmery colors!) and a liner, brow wax, contour shadow, and also a highlighter for your brow and inner corners of the eye. the grey and pink colors are so incredibly gorgeous. the grey goes on quite dark and thepink it quite light by itself, but together they are phenomenal.