April 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Palettes - BeneFit Cosmetics - Smokin' Eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by RandomFlopsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Not a bad little kit, but outrageously expensive for the product sizes. The eyeshadows are very small but highly pigmented, and last a long time; I'll be using the highlight colour for months, I've hardly made a dent. The Eye Bright has gone muddy from the e/s dust, and now I have to wipe it with a tissue before use lest I paint on dark circles - not my intended effect.
The brow wax is probably the best thing in the set, and the only product I would buy full size. It definitely wouldn't suit everyone, as it's quite dark: my brows are dark blonde/light brown and I could do with a paler shade.
Brush quality is good but it's tiny, and having to use the same hard angle brush for eyeliner and brow wax means one eyebrow ends up a different colour unless you double-dip.
The eyeliner pencil is so stubby it's hardly useable after a couple of weeks. I found it too soft, smudged easily and inevitably broke when sharpening.

The tweezers, quite frankly, are rubbish, although the magnetic section that holds them in place is a nifty idea.

The kit is a great idea, but it lacks somewhat in the performance department. Although the individual products are good quality, you're better off buying them separately, tailored to your own colouring. I expected to get more use out of it for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by beu2fool

I really like this little kit. Usually I'm a brown shadow smoky eye kinda girl, but thought I'd give this a try and am glad I did. The colors are really nice and they blend out well. The brushes are not horrible, though I do use my own. I really love the brow-zing. The eye bright...I'm still on the wall about that. It goes on a bit dry and accentuated any dryness I may have in the inner corner of my eye, even after using a rich eye cream. Overall a nice kit, but a lil bit pricey at $36 USD

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by hho504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This whole Smokin' Eyes package is really cute, & the truth is it's a must for me, as I'm always on a hurry and I can easily pick it up, put it in my bag and use it anywhere, as it has a perfect size and it is so easy to use. BUT, I have to say that I don't use everything there's in it: those tweezers are a joke (easily the worst I've ever had), and the brows' brown wax is too dark for me. Other than that, I'm quite pleased w/ it.
Aw, and the last thing: it is quite expensive... at least in Europe

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by change2red

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

to makeupaddictla, you have 2 use an eyeshadow base b4 u apply. brushes make all the difference in the world. when your rushed smokey eyes are the last thing you should be trying to apply. i love this kit use it all the time. if you bought everything sepreratly its be tax. great deal! i <3 benefit!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a pretty decent palette. I do like the concept of this since it is excellent for traveling and when rushed. However, the quality of products inside the palette isnt the best. The black eyeliner that it comes with for example, smudges like crazy. I get a raccoon eye an hour after application and that's with setting it with the powder! Not amazed with the quality of that eyeliner at all. The eyeshadows are really decent too. Not greatly pigmented but not terrible either. I like the pink color since it is very neutral and great for everyday but it's not as pigmented as I would like. I just find that I really have to pack colors on with this palette. The brow stuff are good. Nothing bad to say about them. Great for when I'm in a rush since everything I typically need is in this palette.

Overall an okay product. i wouldnt purchase this again but will continue using it since it's not terrible either.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a cute little palette. I've worn it a few times. The mini tweezers are so cute. I will buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 7:38:00 AM More reviews by LaNinja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Since I'm a huge fan of benefit products and love smokey eyes as well the Smokin' Eyes palette was a must-have for me. I think it has everything you need for creating this signature eye make-up and I love the tiny tweezers that come with the package. It's a bit pricey, but still affordable. Like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love love this easy to use pallette. the price is steep, at $32 yes. however, you get a ton of products in one kit. 2 eyeshadows (gorgeous shimmery colors!) and a liner, brow wax, contour shadow, and also a highlighter for your brow and inner corners of the eye. the grey and pink colors are so incredibly gorgeous. the grey goes on quite dark and thepink it quite light by itself, but together they are phenomenal.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by lilly85

I LIKE this kit, It's perfect for traveling :). and I like the fact that it gives you a subtle, not too dramatic smokey eye look that you can wear as an everyday look too. the brow wax is slightly too dark for me though and the little tweezers are cute but suck. Othewise, a really cute kit!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this palette a lot. It's easy to apply quickly, the directions are foolproof, and everything is in one easy to access palette. I do find that I achieve a nicer, more dramatic smoky eye with individual products, but when I'm in a hurry or traveling light, I reach for this often. It's easy to just toss in a bag with some foundation, lipstick, and mascara and go. I also think the brushes are the best quality that I've found in a kit or palette. They are actually usable, so I don't have to take the time to toss in eye brushes. I recommend this palette to anyone who has been struggling with the smoky eye look or just needs a simple all-in-one travel kit for their eyes.