Coastal Scents Concealer Palette

3.9

Squalane, Octyl Palmitate, Beeswax, Talc, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Petrolatum, Propylparaben. May Contain : Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 8/27/2009 8:00:00 PM

I've had this for a week and really like it. The palette has both yellow toned and pink toned colors. It's not oily or watery (It has a similar consistency to my MAC studio fix concealer). The pigmentation is good and the texture is nice and creamy, not too heavy or thick but nice and light while still covering very well.

I am very happy I found this palette. It's such a great bargain! :)

on 8/18/2009 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This has been the only concealer I have used all summer. As I have gradually tanned, I have gone from the lighter shades to the darker shades. I always have such a hard time finding a concealer that is the perfect match. This palette allows me to create the perfect color for myself.

It is a cream concealer with a powder finish. It is light and doesn't even feel like I have anything on. You may ask, why would I get a whole palette of colors when they don't all match my skin? I use this palette to contour (darker shades), conceal (medium shades), and use as an eye base (lighter shades). Through this, I find myself using all the colors.

My dark circles aren't extremely dark but there are dark circles under my eyes. This concealer does a pretty good job of concealing them. It is not a full coverage concealer. I would say it is light to medium coverage. If you are looking for a full coverage one you may be disappointed with this product.

Sometimes the concealer feels like it is drying out. I fix this by spraying a bit of fix+ in it and it is good to go again. This has happened twice in the 4 months that I have had it but this probably because it is in palette form rather than an air tight container.

I don't regret purchasing this. If I happened to lose this palette I would repurchase. I am looking into concealers with more coverage at the moment but until then I will continue to use this. This is the best I have found so far.

on 7/21/2009 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this concealer palette, but I don't love it. The price is very cheap $17--good value for what you get. I have been looking for a good concealer for a while. I felt the Makeup Forever Palette was too cakey--it showed every crease under my eyes. I have the Laura Gellar eye concealer that doesn't crease but doesn't provide enough coverage to conceal dark undereye circles. This palette is great consistency--not too oily, provides coverage, and but it does show creasing. It has a couple of orangey shades that are great for masking dark eye circles. For me the perfect concealer is Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer.

on 7/14/2009 2:30:00 PM

I really like this concealer palette. Besides being able to match a concealer color for undereye area, I use the very light and the darker shades to sculpt cheekbones, highlight eyes, slim and chisel a perfect chin and slenderize my nose. I do this just after putting on foundation, before powder, and it looks much more natural because of the ability to blend, than using powder contour and highlight. I love the consistency and it stays where I put it all day!! Great price too.
UPDATE: I stopped using this concealer everyday because I felt that the consistency (dry and heavy) was not good for under my eyes. It really accentuated my fine lines and even crepe-iness that I didn't know was there! I tried different ways of applying; with moisturizer, with primer, a brush, etc and the result was always the same. I also took a couple lippies off because of the fact that each time I opened the case, it exposed all the concealer colors to the air which I think adds to the drying of the product.

on 6/27/2009 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

IVE HAD SEVERAL DIFFERENT CONCEALERS FROM COVERGIRL TO DERMABLEND TO STILLA TO MAC.
YOU NAME THEM.

THIS IS FULL COVERAGE DOESN'T ACCENTUATE YOUR SMILE LINES AND DOESN'T CAKE.
ITS EASILY BLENDABLE TO GET THE RIGHT COLOR. THE BIG PLUS IS THAT THE WHITE SHADE SERVES AS AN EYESHADOW BASE AND MAKES THE COLORS POP.

BIG UP TO COASTAL SCENTS.
I AM A RETURNING CUSTOMER!

on 6/26/2009 1:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this palette. I like having all the extra colours and being able to have the option of mixing.

It covers my blemishes really well and it feels a tiny bit greasy but that disappears after I put my foundation on.

The consistency is perfect for me, it's not drying at all (won't cake around zits), but it still has good lasting power. In the pan I can feel the top of it is slightly dryer then the rest of the product, so hopefully it won't dry out completely.

I would recommend this product and buy it again.

on 5/3/2009 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I haven't used this product long enough to give a very accurate review. However, I will be updating and keeping everyone posted!

Skin Color : NC 25 w/ yellow/beige undertones + redness/uneven skintone
Skin type: Oily

Out of the 10 colors, I can use about 5/6 colors .. the rest are way way dark. These concealers are really great.....I am really really impressed with them. They are full coverage so that is a huge plus for me :) I love that they cover up and get the job done, but aren't heavy/cakey. These feel really light .. I actually just have the concealer on ... and it is giving me an awesome coverage. It almost feels like the concealers are like a creme to powder finish. It feels like I have no make up on!! I hope my review will stay the same after a couple of weeks. This palette is awesome. It's definitely a great investment. It's not as cakey as the studio fix ... but not as creamy as bobbi brown or mac's studio tech. Plus there's a peachy type of color which is great b/c it covers my under eye circles. Love this product!!

Popular Palettes