July 25, 2014 | 1746 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Mascara (Thickening)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by MarieW

I love the look and feel of this so much. And it's easy to remove. But it smudges badly on me! If I had a mascara sealer on top it would work well, but then I would have to buy another product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is just an okay mascara. I have thin lashes and i was hoping this would give them the appearance of being thicker but it didnt. Its a good mascara if you dont want dramatic lashes. And also if yours fall out a lot bc its nourishing with b5 and aloe

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

I liked how this applied -- nice and smooth. The color really popped on me too. I loved it! It thickened my lashes well, but didn't add any length. Overall, I was impressed. It didn't clump, it didn't flake, and it stayed on through out the day. I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by sugarcheri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this mascara does a great job of thickening your lashes. It won't add tonnes of length, but I do find that Almay mascaras do a great job of making your lashes healthier. I also find that they are bit too wet when they're fresh and that they tend to work better after a week or so. All-in-all a pretty good thickening mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by jezebellini

Bought this after getting irritated eyes from previous mascaras. I was happy with this product in that it did not cause any irritation, and so the claim that it is for 'sensitive' eyes was true in my case.

I prefer my mascara to be a little more dramatic - it wasn't quite thickening enough for me. However, I did find that applying the formula of this mascara using a different brush really helped. So a big thumbs up for the formula, but the brush isn't great if you want a more dramatic look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Although nothing could replace Prestige My Biggest Lashes as my HG mascara, this is a very close second and I always purchase it if my beloved Prestige is not available.

I've never been too terrible concerned with lengthening formulas because I typically wear glasses anyway. My main focus is on lifting them up and building volume. Due to vision problems, I don't trust myself with an eyelash curler and eye makeup in general can sometimes be a PITA for me to apply. I typically like to keep it simple as far as eye makeup goes and this mascara is great for everyday use.

Things I love:
Price-usually under $6

No funky smell

Does not make my lashes overly stiff or cause any burning/itchiness/irritation of my eyes. Sooo many mascaras for this reason alone have been tossed in the trash because my eyes are so sensitive.

The length of the applicator wand is short which really helps me get up close and get all those little corner lashes lifted. The brush is small but not skinny or one of the rubbery brushes that bend. Although they have their benefits, I am not a fan of those types of brushes. Big, fluffy tapered brushes seem to work best for creating volume. Definitely a fan of this applicator as it really helps me lift my lashes.

Drawbacks are that this is definitely not a "dramatic" mascara. then again, it doesn't really claim to be...but it does claim to be Once Coat and I found 2-3 coat to be ideal any more more it can get a bit clumpy. Did it create lots of thickness? Hmm, maybe a little but nothing that any average drugstore mascara can't do.

All in all, this a great mascara for a work/everyday looks, for anyone with vision issues that might want an easier way to apply mascara (the short wand really has helped me) or for anyone who doesn't want to curl their lashes but still wants lift. It's cheap and Almay doesn't test on animals. Pretty sure I will always have this one in my stash!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by onarainbow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!
HG for sure.
Though, I do have long lashes to begin with...Either way, this makes them much more thick and long and I feel like putting it on is good for my lashes. Or at least it doesn't harm them in any way like other mascara tends to do.
Will certainly purchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by turquoiseginger

This is the only mascara I can use that doesn't irritate or burn my eyes. It does tend to clump a bit, but not much more than other mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know why this is marketed as a thickening mascara...I noticed nothing like that. It was remarkably watery and
pretty much cemented my lashes together and made them look spiky. Not only this, the formula REALLY irritated my eyes . I mean serious, serious burning.

That said, the wateriness did make the color very, very black.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by noodles74

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara does stay on really well, which is normally a big problem for me, and it does really separate the lashes, but, it doesn't actually thicken them much. I normally like to really wiggle the wand in at the base of my lashes so that they appear really thick, but I can't do that with this one because the brush is so stiff that if i put it close near the roots of my lashes, it kind of pulls and scratches and hurts,and because of that, i can't get the look i want with i....so, i won't be repurchasing, but by no means do i think it's bad mascara, just a very stiff scratchy wand!