Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara (Thickening)

3.7

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara is a no-mistake mascara (meaning that it'll only become mistake-prone when it becomes dried out). It does a very good job at defining and seperating each lash, so you could practically count each of your eyelashes. As for what it claims, which is "one coat" and "thickening", I'm pretty sure all Almay mascara owners know that none of their mascaras are one coat, so don't make that your expectation. It thickens beautifully, though! This is not the kind of mascara for a person who wants dramatic, false-lash look lashes.
I think the most problematic thing about this product is that it dries out fairly quick, so you'll have to buy it more often, but the price is so good, it won't put a dent in your budget that much. Also, it's gloppy at the end of the wand, so you have to wipe the excess off at the rim of the mascara bottle or with a tissue. I like how the wand is small, so you can reach the inner eyelashes.
This is a wonderful mascara and I HIGHLY recommend it!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The good & the bad. The good-it does give a THICKENING effect to your lashes, much like CG Last blast does. As a matter of fact it goes beyond CG as in it gives me the volume from the root to the tip of my lashes. With CG my lashline & roots have soo much volume but the tips don't, it takes away from my natural length somehow. Anyways the bad: it doesn't seem to do its job in ONE COAT, because the brush is soo tapered & spirals down to a fine tip (the brush is literally V shaped) it doesn't get all my lashes in 1 wiggle. Which I guess is normal, since you have to go in to get the baby tear duct hairs & the outer eye ones right? Well no not with this mascara, the formula dries soo quickly that if you go in to do the sides, as the brush touches the already coated lashes it clumps those up! You can forget about dipping the wand in for a second coat. The volume is gone & spider look can appear. I tried to go in quickly with my spoolie to separate it but by the time I grab it---same problem the formula has dried up & its set for the day.

So again the good-it thickens & gives length, leaves lashes soft & flexible & natural looking, lasts all day, no flaking, holds curl nicely as well. The bad you have to absolutely work in ONE coat or it will clump. I guess I'm not fast enough. But props to Almay for giving this mascara the p-e-r-f-e-c-t name!

I'm a mascara junkie and I'm always looking for "the one". This is it for me so far. The formula is much drier than most mascaras I've tried so people might mistakenly think it's dried out when it isn't. It doesn't go on really wet like most do. One of the best things about this mascara is the tapered wand. I can get all my lashes with this wand and because it's a drier formula, it coats very well without blobbing and creating a mess.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Mascara is the one beauty product(or body/hair/household) product that I buy at a drugstore. For the other products, there's far better, safer, healthier, natural choices online or at other stores. I have not tried a natural mascara because of neg reviews. When it was past time to replace the pink green from maybelline, I looked here for reviews, and ewg.org's cosmetics database, for something better and safer (this got a 3/10 from ewg, low #'s safer, excellent for mascara).. Led me to this tube, bought it, loved it, need more now, will buy it again.
Natural looking with one coat, but in a bold way, not wimpy. My lashes are plenty long, and this thickening mascara makes them stand out. No stinging in eyes, can wear swimming without black circles, washes off well. Nice minimalist design on the tube too. Happy to buy again.

Wow, finally a drugstore non-waterproof mascara that holds my stubborn asian lashes. If you are looking for curled and thick lashes, then this mascara is a must!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

i have straight lashes that normally need to be curled with an e/lash curler. somehow, this mascara helps my lashes to curl and really open up my eyes without an eyelash curler. i have the washable version. love this mascara.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This mascara actually shocked me. I bought it because it was on sale at the local price club. It was two for $6 ($3 each). I felt like I couldn't resist. When I first opened up the package I was disappointed because the brush didn't look like it would be good. However, I was pleasantly surprised. This could almost be my HG work mascara. It left my lashes long, thick, and soft. It was easy to use and one coat really is enough (although you can do two coats without clumping). I bought blackest black, which was a nice dark color. Overall, I still can't believe I got such an incredible mascara for such a low price. It retails for about $6, which is still a pretty good price.

I bought this mascara after my lashes started falling with no apparent reason and my eyes where really sensitive so I had to stop using eye makeup at all! I always used my maybelline collosal but I wanted to try something more appropriated for sensitive eyes so I gave almay a try and I do not regret it. It gives a decent amount of thickening in one coat, holds the curl, do not make eyelashes stiff, do not smudge or flake, is waterproof (or tears proof at least) and removes easily with eye makeup remover. The best of all, my lashes stopped falling and my eyes do not itch anymore. It's more expensive than maybelline but is worth it for an everyday look, I will repurchase.

Update: unfortunately I have found that this product dries out too soon. After just one month the product is dry and if I try to apply it it flakes like hell! I gave it a second and a third try because I thought maybe I had a bad tube but definitely this is just the way this mascara is :(

I love the look and feel of this so much. And it's easy to remove. But it smudges badly on me! If I had a mascara sealer on top it would work well, but then I would have to buy another product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It is just an okay mascara. I have thin lashes and i was hoping this would give them the appearance of being thicker but it didnt. Its a good mascara if you dont want dramatic lashes. And also if yours fall out a lot bc its nourishing with b5 and aloe

Popular Mascaras