LUSH Vanilla Puff dusting powder

4.6

* Cornflour (Zea mays), * Magnesium Carbonate, * Talc, * Perfume, * Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), * Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), * Tonka Absolute (Dipteryx odorata), * Powdered Vanilla (Vanilla planifolia), * Vanilla Pod (Vanilla planifolia), * *Coumarin, * Hydroxcitronellal.

on 2/3/2010 11:26:00 PM

I really do like this stuff. The scent is a sugary vanilla/sandalwood scent, possibly a floral/herbal sweet vanilla. All in all, I like it. The scent doesn't last of course, seeing as it is a powder, but it does leave a delicate vanilla scent which stays close to your skin. In terms of the actual product, I've used it as a dry shampoo and all over my body. As a dry shampoo it works good enough to soak up any extra oilies (temporarily of course) and leaves a nice light woodsy vanilla scent behind. All over the body it does pretty much the same thing and gives you a nice clean feeling, something which helps if you shower in the morning and want to feel fresh when heading to bed. Good buy, not absolutely essential, but I'll definitely use it up.

on 1/9/2010 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The only complaints about this are that the top of it isn't well designed and spills out powder even when closed. The other thing is that it's rather pricey - but aren't all Lush products?

This product smells lovely and matches the Vanilla Dee Lite lotion and the Vanillary EDP.

on 12/7/2009 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Let’s get the complaints over with. I do have to gripes about his product, I am not thrilled about the talc content, as I have read a few things which make me weary of the substance. My other complaint is of course, the packaging. I hate how Lush package their powders, the plastic and cardboard canisters are impractical and messy.
That said…
Wow! I love this powder! My MUA screen-name has been compromised. Sexy musky sweet vanilla scent - not foody, not grandmotherly either. Wonderfully fine silky texture. Pairs well with just about every fragrance I own… but it smells better on its own. No silly glitter bits, no rough texture - I am afraid my Candyfluff has been retired for the time being.

on 12/1/2009 12:24:00 AM

smells just like the vanilla fountain bath bomb which is my absolute favorite smell from lush! i use this after the therapy massage bar or buffy and it gets rid of the greasy-ness while keeping my skin soft and smelling great. i wish the smell lasted a bit longer though. but overall a great product. would be cool if they packaged it with a little puff to apply it!

on 10/28/2009 9:45:00 PM

this stuff smells SO GOOD! it's a sophisticated vanilla scent. i bought this to dust on my bedsheets, but i don't think the scent lasts that long...or maybe i need to use more? so i guess you can say i wish the scent was stronger. it's sorda expensive though. i mean i don't expect it to cost the same as johnson's baby powder, but i wish it was more affordable and then i would be able to use more and not feel guilty about it.

on 9/12/2009 7:24:00 AM

I simply like the smell of this product. The last time I used dusting powder had to be when I was a kid. I use LUSH's deorderant, and apply the dusting powder on top; the two smells together make a nice combination. I too put it in my hair and put some on the bottom on the feet. I read someone using it on their sheets, will have to try that. Def. will buy again.

on 9/4/2009 2:46:00 PM

The only reason i've knocked a point off is because this product contains talc, which may break some peoples skin out. This hasn't been the case with mine, but it's always good to give a warning. this is beautiful when sprinkled on bedsheets, shoes, skin...anything! i even use it on my hair to absorb excess oil and fragrance it with a sensual baked-vanilla scent.

on 5/14/2009 8:50:00 PM

This smells SO good. btw, Britney Spears was spotted buying this at a LUSH store in Connecticut.

on 5/4/2009 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When the Vanilla line arrived to the UK site I snapped up the vanilla lotion and the vanilla puff dusting powder. The powder is my favorite of the two vanilla products I purchased. The lotion smelled good but it was a bit too strong a scent for me. I shake the powder over lotioned skin (Sympathy) and it works like a hot damn. It smells like cuddles. One of Lush's must successful products for me - I have already repurchased a second.

Mmmm this smells so good! Not at all like I would expect a vanilla to smell. It isn't fake or sugary or even foody but it smells wonderful - not sure how to describe it. Anyway, it is very sensual, but not in an overt way - I feel comfortable wearing this day to night. It is great for brushing on places that get damp in the summer heat. I do hate that it has talc...I don't see the point of including it when it clearly works just fine without it (as LUSH's other dusting powders prove). The scent is kind of subdued - I catch whiffs of it through the day, but it isn't really strong, though it seems to last....I wish it were stronger. Overall a great product, glad I purchased it!