Physicians Formula Bronze Booster Pressed Bronzer - Med to Dark

4.6

Talc, Mica, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Inositol, Lauryl Lysine, Macuna Prurlens Seed Extract, Maltodextrin, Phospholipids, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines

on 5/7/2011 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This bronzer is amazing. Although my favorite is PF's Healthy Wear Bronzer, Bronzer Booster comes in close second.

The color, when swatched, comes off as a medium shade of brown with specks of light shimmer. When applied onto my cheeks, it comes off as a tad darker, but still a medium brown shade with a sheen finish.

It is easily blendable, and gives your skin that natural sunkissed glow everyone craves during the summertime.

I gave this a 4 because of (1) the steep price ($13-15), although I think it's worth it and the (2) the excessive packaging with the bottom compartment for the brush. I do like the mirror, and also the push-clasp to open the bronzer! Chip-free nails:)

I recommend this bronzer for light/medium to medium skin tones. It is very buildable!

This is the best bronzer ever! it's a little expensive at CVS so I would suggest buying it online for a cheaper price. It's above normal drug store prices but below the expensive Sephora prices. In comparison to the Smashbox bronzers I have used, this one is far better for your buck. I like the smashbox one as well, but it's just too pricey.

on 4/27/2011 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have used just about every bronzer out there, mostly the expensive ones, and then I found this one. I love it and for the price it can't be beat!

on 4/10/2011 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this bronzer! This has definitely become my new favorite staple product. For the longest while, I was using NYC's bronzer in Sunny, and though it worked well enough I found the powder sometimes applied kind of streaky and that the powder in the pan strangely got hard over time. I heard loads of good stuff about Physician Formula's Bronze Booster, and it was on sale $6 off at CVS, so I swiped up the last Medium to Dark off the shelf. Thank goodness there was one left!! The powder is so finely milled and soft; it never ever goes on unevenly or cakey, but just gives me a nice wash of color that isn't orangey or muddy. I'm also loving the finish in that its neither matte or shimmery, but is really natural and healthy looking. I am an NC30 for reference, so though this bronzer is a bit too light to give me a sunkissed effect, it's enough to warm up my face a bit so I don't look so washed out and one dimensional. I heard a great bronzer that actually looks like a suntan is Bare Escentuals' Faux Tan, so I'll look into that more towards the summer. My only gripe is that Bronze Booster is kind of expensive for a drugstore product... $14 I think. And though I got it on sale for almost half off, I would probably only repurchase if it goes on sale again. But besides that, Bronze Booster is great in every other way, and I'm extremely happy with my purchase! Perfect for an everyday natural look and an accessible high quality product.

on 3/22/2011 5:15:00 PM

This bronzer is better than any other MAC or other high end brand bronzer I've tried. I absolutely love the natural color it provides without an ounce of orange! Its not to shimmery or matte the perfect balance. I really enjoy this product and will purchase it again!

on 1/18/2011 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous product. I'm a nc50/nw/44 and I use it as a powder foundation, This is everything I wanted Iman powder foundation to be. It gives a subtle glow to the skin without over the top glitter! With a little concealer and this I have perfect skin with a great glow! This also looks fabulous in photos. It's pricey but worth it, Plus they are always on sale somewhere.

on 11/12/2010 10:18:00 PM

I thought the packaging was really cute, and that's what drive me to buy this :). I remember how excited I was when I first bought this, and I honestly do love this product :D, but next time, I'm going to buy the next lightest color, because sometimes I literally end up with an orange mask if I'm too tired in the morning.

I absolutely love this bronzer! Definitely HG-worthy! I was originally on the search for a bronzer to help my face match the rest of my body since I put sunscreen daily on my face but not my body. I came across this and managed to get it for free due to an expired sale price tag or something. I had been wanting this for a while but was nervous due to the high price tag for a D/S bronzer. But anyways, this is great! It's super blendable and warms up my face very nicely. It gives me a nice tanned look on my face that matches my body. It's also great for contouring which I usually do to my cheeks. I was originally worried about the slight shimmer in the pan when I first opened it but it's definitely matte. The only time you can see a slight shimmer is in the sunlight and it still compliments your face any who. It's more of a brown bronze color which is perfect for my yellow-undertoned skin. The only thing that's a slight negative is that the packaging is a bit bulky, but it's pretty and doesn't really bother me. I will definitely purchase again even if I can't get it for free. It's definitely worth the price tag!

I really like this drugstore bronzer! At first, I was skeptical because the shade seems so light in the pan. But once I brought it home and put it on, I found that it warms up my complexion nicely! I usually go for bronzers that are bit darker, but this has opened me up to trying some lighter shades. It's a mostly matte light tan with SLIGHT shimmer. It's so slight that sometimes I have to be looking at the pan in the right light to see the shimmer in it. But still, it's worth mentioning for those of you who are against shimmery bronzers. The only thing I hate is the bulky packaging. I don't plan on using the little brush that's housed in the bottom, but my Eco Tools bronzer brush instead. So I've got this empty compartment that's just taking up space. Overall though, if you're looking for a good low end bronzer to save some money on makeup, as I was, this isn't a bad pick! Great for those of us with skin tones on the lighter side of medium (NC 20-30, MUFE 118)! And there's an even lighter shade of this bronzer for those of you who are super-fair!

UPDATE: I found that this lasted all day on my skin, and I wasn't even wearing any foundation or powder when I put this bronzer on yesterday! Truly an accomplishment for a drugstore product! continued >>

on 7/4/2010 5:58:00 AM

I did purchase this in light-medium, which unfortunately is a tad too dark for me. I do however love the product. It feels light on, lovely to blend with and doesn't look like one is wearing any product at all. It's a shame they don't make it just a bit lighter but I would recommend the product to those who want a darker tone.

Popular Bronzers