Laura Mercier translucent loose powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

I love the way this powder sets my foundation. It is not heavy or too matte. It looks very silky on my face and it actually is translucent. It is a little on the pricey side but you get a lot of product for what you are paying. I would definitely repurchase.

on 5/24/2012 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Very ashey undertone but nice powder!! But will not buy again it is not translucent and with creme smooth foundation it does cake up !!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

VERY fine powder that set your makeup without caking or dulling the skin! I love this for under eye setting!

on 3/4/2012 9:08:00 PM

I love this!! honestly, I don't remember paying 35 dollars for freakin loose powder, but I'm sure glad I did. I have had it forever and use it almost daily. It sets, absorbs oil, and doesn't change the color of my foundation. the packaging also makes it easy to not dump a whole bunch out, and the big lid is perfect for swirling your brush in.

on 2/27/2012 11:53:00 PM

Overall, I think this is a great product. It sets my makeup and gives me a very nice flawless finish. I wear this over my Diorskin Forever foundation because I find that if I use Dior's powder foundation to set my makeup, it becomes too heavy and cakey.. not a good look. It is a little pricey because it's Laura Mercier but for me, if it works well it's all quite worth it. I have noticed a slight white cast on my face in flash photography but I think it's because Diorskin has spf in it. Will try it out over a foundation with no spf in it and see if the white mask effect still happens. If it does, then sadly I will have to look for a different powder..

on 1/31/2012 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I absolutely love this powder! I have been using this steady for a week now and I adore it so much! After using the Makeupforever Hd powder for a few times and being very disappointed in the powder and the white cast that occurred in my pictures I gave up on the idea of translucent powder. Then I read reviews about this one and decided to give this a go. I have in the past tried bobbi browns yellow loose powder but didn't like that one that much either. So I went in my local sephora and found this, grabbed the last one (which lets me know this is popular) and bought it for $34 bucks. Tried this the next day after my foundation and fell in love! It glides over the skin so smoothly and blends like a dream! The powder is very finely milled and has a tint of yellow/brown to it that isn't very striking like white loose powders. I noticed this gave me almost a glow to my skin and didn't have any white cast in my photographs! It also is great at controlling my oil during the day and it is a great touch up powder as it won't leave your face cakey like other powders will. There is tons of product in it that I'm sure will last me forever! I would definitely recommend this to everyone!!

on 1/27/2012 4:52:00 PM

This creates the most BEAUTIFUL soft finish. I don't understand reviewers who say this isn't truly translucent, because that's what I like most about it, it would really work on any skintone, including women of colour. Minus one lippie because I don't think it controls my oil that well, and I'm not even super oily.

on 1/16/2012 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received this as a sample gift when I bought another product. It's quite surprising: I can use it with no problems. I have rather dryish skin now, or at least in parts. At my age some people are quite dry, but I have a somewhat oily T-zone and can still stand a bit of powder but don't like to emphasizes any fine lines. This works a treat: I pat it on after shaking some powder out of the little can, and then rub my hands together, This disperses the powder and blends it in better when I apply it to my nose and forehead. No globs, streaks, or cakiness this way. You only need a touch to set your foundation, and it goes right in immediately. A puff or brush tends to apply too much. Rub it into the skin lightly, and you're all finished! The only downside is the price-a bit on the expensive side, but then I guess quality is worth it.

on 11/25/2011 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have 2 comment on this powder because I know how hard it is 2 find a really good setting powder if you suffer from oily skin & have large pores. I have been using MAC Blot powder for a long time. I would say that I go through about 3 compacts a month. That's entirely WAY 2 expensive of a habit 2 keep. I really haven't found anything better than the MAC Blot powder for my oily skin. Most other powders didn't provide enough oil control, plus they all looked very cakey on me. I need 2 use a little more powder than the average person because I am so oily. That in turn, can accentuate pores. So I never had a problem with the MAC Blot powder, but I am just tired of going thru it so fast. I love using the MAC 182 brush & my Coastal Scents deluxe Pink Kabuki brush. That's y my powders get eaten up so quick.

I decided 2 give Laura Mercier's powder a try due 2 all the rave reviews just about everywhere. MUA loves it, & so do other You Tubers. Even the Sephora customer service phone reps. suggest it. I know it is quite expensive, but since it is already loose, I don't have 2 grind away @ it with my kabuki brushes like I would with compact powder. I do like the amount of powder that you get. I tried it the other day, & I must say that I was quite impressed. I really didn't have 2 use that must @ all. I used less & got the same results that I normally do with the MAC Blot powder. This powder controls my oily skin pretty well & it camoflauges my pores. I actually think it makes my skin look smoother than the Blot powder. I highly reccomend this powder for anyone that wants smoother looking & matte skin. I don't think I'll be buying the MAC Blot powder anymore. I do love MAC products, but this loose setting powder is phenomenal. It really is worth the money. I use this powder 2 set my MUFE HD liquid foundation, & the combo. of the 2 2gether is fantastic. This is coming from someone that does not have perfect skin.

on 9/23/2011 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I like it, I have VERY oily skin, it makes my make up stay fresh for a long time, and looks very soft, HOWEVER the trick is to but the puff
that goes with it (12.00) that made me kind of mad, and only use a LITTLE on the puff and roll it on, the girl at the counter showed me,

Recommended for Normal Skin