Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

This is a great face powder. I've used Bare Minerals Mineral Veil in translucent in the past which I didn't really feel was that effective at keeping oiliness at bay / setting foundation. It's also really expensive compared with the LM face powder as a 6g pot of BMMV would set me back about £18 from House of Fraser whereas the LM face powder was about £29 from SpaceNK for 29g. This is also a far superior powder in pretty much every sense. It has really long-lasting durability and is much less messy to apply than the BMMV. I really like the pot too as unlike the BMMV pot which has a locking sifter which rather unhelpfully used to trap a lot of excess powder resulting in costly wastage, the LM pot has an open sifter instead (as shown in the picture). The powder is also a bit denser than the BMMV meaning that it doesn't fall out of the sift holes easily when you travel with it.

All in all I was really impressed with this powder because it does everything its supposed to. It leaves a really nice finish, especially when used to set liquid foundation. I think it also does a great job at toning down foundation if you've applied a little too much as well on days when you can't be bothered to start over or faff about. It's great at keeping oiliness under control and if used frequently throughout the day, it doesn't leave you with a powdery, chalky build up either. I also quite like the smell of this product too.

Pros:
- Keeps oiliness at bay all / most of the day
- Leaves a great matte finish
- Good price and packaging + good amount of product
- Easy to use, very smooth and soft
- Nice smell

Cons:
- Contains talc and some other parabens

The bottom line is that this product is really good at achieving what it's supposed to, but I am deducting a star because I would prefer this product if it was talc and paraben free.

I would repurchase.

Ingredients:
(Translucent): Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl,
Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl
77499).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used it first time this morning and after 9 hours outdoor, i didn't even blot my face! You know what? My face is just like it was in the morning! Though, i have combination to oily skin. I'm not gonna recommend this to those who have dry skin because it can be flaky. Overall, it is the best loose powder i've ever used! (For combination skin)

This powder is translucent but it's able to blur out alot of imperfections such as pores, fine lines and make your skin looks super smooth with no actual trace of powder......i think the slight yellow base also can balance out any minor redness on your skin.......and the last good thing is that you cannot feel this powder on your face which i experience which most loose powders.........amazing product!!!!!!!!

This powder says its translucent, but it ended up making my medium/olive skin complexion look white. I always hear that LM products give a more natural look, and I was really hoping for more out of this product, but i'm still on the hunt for the perfect loose powder for my asian skin..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This translucent loose powder is truly "translucent". It does not add any color to my face. The powder is very finely milled and does not settle into lines. I have very dry skin and this powder looks great on my face, does not make it more dry! It sets foundation well and provides a soft-focus finish that looks great in photos and in-person. One of the best loose powders ever!

This is the best powder I've found out on the market thus far. So finely milled and translucent is true. I personally use this... and when using it for work, I can count on it for any skin tone! AMEN TRANSLUCENT!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is an amazing translucent powder. I've had it for a while now and use it every time I want more of a matte look. It really sets your make up nicely. It was afraid it might be chalky on me because I have darker complexion (NC42), but this blends right in.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!:D it set my foundation and concealer in place. Too faced loose powder just rub off my concealer right after i apply it on my face :'( i love laura mercier! Def will repurchase this <3

This powder is wonderful! I dust it on and it takes off all shine, and does not make my skin look all powdery. Blends well into the skin. Only thing I don't like about it is that it does make my skin look lighter...Doesn't seem 100% translucent. It can wash me out a little bit if I'm tanned.

All i can say is it does the job but also looks a little bit chalky, maybe because im so used to glowy foundation but god fed up when looking at a photo of me my forehead, nose and chin looked like you could fry an egg on it i decided to get a powder.I use this with a l.m foundation and the 2 work together.Just need to get used to the matte look.I may buy it again if i can't find a better one.I wouldn't say its tranlucent but then it also dosn't really change the colour of your foundation that much either.