December 22, 2014 | 1828 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - translucent loose powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by rcclarke22

I love this!! honestly, I don't remember paying 35 dollars for freakin loose powder, but I'm sure glad I did. I have had it forever and use it almost daily. It sets, absorbs oil, and doesn't change the color of my foundation. the packaging also makes it easy to not dump a whole bunch out, and the big lid is perfect for swirling your brush in.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by pammie0415

Overall, I think this is a great product. It sets my makeup and gives me a very nice flawless finish. I wear this over my Diorskin Forever foundation because I find that if I use Dior's powder foundation to set my makeup, it becomes too heavy and cakey.. not a good look. It is a little pricey because it's Laura Mercier but for me, if it works well it's all quite worth it. I have noticed a slight white cast on my face in flash photography but I think it's because Diorskin has spf in it. Will try it out over a foundation with no spf in it and see if the white mask effect still happens. If it does, then sadly I will have to look for a different powder..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by CaramelBae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this powder! I have been using this steady for a week now and I adore it so much! After using the Makeupforever Hd powder for a few times and being very disappointed in the powder and the white cast that occurred in my pictures I gave up on the idea of translucent powder. Then I read reviews about this one and decided to give this a go. I have in the past tried bobbi browns yellow loose powder but didn't like that one that much either. So I went in my local sephora and found this, grabbed the last one (which lets me know this is popular) and bought it for $34 bucks. Tried this the next day after my foundation and fell in love! It glides over the skin so smoothly and blends like a dream! The powder is very finely milled and has a tint of yellow/brown to it that isn't very striking like white loose powders. I noticed this gave me almost a glow to my skin and didn't have any white cast in my photographs! It also is great at controlling my oil during the day and it is a great touch up powder as it won't leave your face cakey like other powders will. There is tons of product in it that I'm sure will last me forever! I would definitely recommend this to everyone!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This creates the most BEAUTIFUL soft finish. I don't understand reviewers who say this isn't truly translucent, because that's what I like most about it, it would really work on any skintone, including women of colour. Minus one lippie because I don't think it controls my oil that well, and I'm not even super oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by hopflower

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this as a sample gift when I bought another product. It's quite surprising: I can use it with no problems. I have rather dryish skin now, or at least in parts. At my age some people are quite dry, but I have a somewhat oily T-zone and can still stand a bit of powder but don't like to emphasizes any fine lines. This works a treat: I pat it on after shaking some powder out of the little can, and then rub my hands together, This disperses the powder and blends it in better when I apply it to my nose and forehead. No globs, streaks, or cakiness this way. You only need a touch to set your foundation, and it goes right in immediately. A puff or brush tends to apply too much. Rub it into the skin lightly, and you're all finished! The only downside is the price-a bit on the expensive side, but then I guess quality is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have 2 comment on this powder because I know how hard it is 2 find a really good setting powder if you suffer from oily skin & have large pores. I have been using MAC Blot powder for a long time. I would say that I go through about 3 compacts a month. That's entirely WAY 2 expensive of a habit 2 keep. I really haven't found anything better than the MAC Blot powder for my oily skin. Most other powders didn't provide enough oil control, plus they all looked very cakey on me. I need 2 use a little more powder than the average person because I am so oily. That in turn, can accentuate pores. So I never had a problem with the MAC Blot powder, but I am just tired of going thru it so fast. I love using the MAC 182 brush & my Coastal Scents deluxe Pink Kabuki brush. That's y my powders get eaten up so quick.

I decided 2 give Laura Mercier's powder a try due 2 all the rave reviews just about everywhere. MUA loves it, & so do other You Tubers. Even the Sephora customer service phone reps. suggest it. I know it is quite expensive, but since it is already loose, I don't have 2 grind away @ it with my kabuki brushes like I would with compact powder. I do like the amount of powder that you get. I tried it the other day, & I must say that I was quite impressed. I really didn't have 2 use that must @ all. I used less & got the same results that I normally do with the MAC Blot powder. This powder controls my oily skin pretty well & it camoflauges my pores. I actually think it makes my skin look smoother than the Blot powder. I highly reccomend this powder for anyone that wants smoother looking & matte skin. I don't think I'll be buying the MAC Blot powder anymore. I do love MAC products, but this loose setting powder is phenomenal. It really is worth the money. I use this powder 2 set my MUFE HD liquid foundation, & the combo. of the 2 2gether is fantastic. This is coming from someone that does not have perfect skin.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by ocgirl007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I like it, I have VERY oily skin, it makes my make up stay fresh for a long time, and looks very soft, HOWEVER the trick is to but the puff
that goes with it (12.00) that made me kind of mad, and only use a LITTLE on the puff and roll it on, the girl at the counter showed me,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this and use it to set my makeup whenever I'm wearing something like chanel pro lumiere or want to have a matte appearance. I love that it's translucent because I'm very fair and most powders are too dark for me and deposit a lot of colour on my skin. This powder is very sheer which is great because it doesn't give you any 'extra' coverage but still sets your foundation beautifully. It can look a little chalky at times and the dispenser is a pain to use, but it's definitely the best loose powder I've tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by eross

I HATE this powder! It goes on ok but leaves me with the strangest looking complexion, I look ill! It's really chalky, I don't feel it is translucent and it makes me itch. The talc in this cannot agree with me. I used to use the Christian Dior loose powder until they discontinued it and the only one you can now get is the total capture one which is really pricey. Think I'll try the Chantecaille - the reviews are top notch and whilst it's not cheap, if it works then its worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this for several weeks now and am quite happy with the results. The powder is finely milled and very silky and holds back the shine for 3-4 hours, which is better than anything else I've tried, the best I usually get is 1-2 hours before I need to start mopping up the oil slick. I apply this with a powder puff and it doesn't look at all cakey. I also love that this powder doesn't have any shimmer to it, which only makes my combination/oily skin look worse.

The colour is fairly light so this might not work for anyone with medium-dark skin and the finish might be too matte for anyone with skin that is on the dry side.

Price notwithstanding, I will definitely buy this again unless I find something better. For me, this is definitely a keeper.