July 29, 2014 | 2085 users online

BB Cream - Gowoonsesang - BB cream SPF 30 PA++

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by vagabondking

this is my most expensive bb cream, and while i would buy it again, do i really think it's worth it? . . . to be honest, if i don't find it for cheaper, not really (because there are less expensive bb creams out there).

anyways, this bb offers good coverage that doesn't feel heavy or thick, and like it's name (Hydra Intensive), it is moisturizing. my only dislike was that because it's moisturizing, i didn't find the oil control to be that good, especially in hot and humid weather. i think it would work better in cooler, drier weather/climates, so i would actually recommend this as a fall/winter bb cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by peachiepie

This bb cream has a sort of grey overcast instead of a yellow or white one like most others. I have very oily skin on my t-zone so after a day's wear I feel like the bb cream mixes with my oil and just clumps and sits on my forehead. That's my only gripe about it though because it does a good job of covering up my acne scars (although I do need concealer since it's light coverage).
It has a light pleasant scent and a light and creamy texture.
Overall, I like it but I'm not crazy about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by merryjane81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am writing this review on behalf of my sister who is 23. She has suffered from acne since her teens. Until she began using this product, she had LOTS of acne on her cheeks. She began using this product and within a few months, the pimples on her cheeks were gone. Completely gone!!! She attends school 400+ miles away so I don't see her very often. When I saw her for a holiday weekend for the first time in about 3 months, I was so amazed I couldn't stop staring at her face.

The only down side is that the color is a bit dark. Luckily, my sister's skin color is dark enough to match it if she uses just enough product to cover her face. I don't think I would be able to use this since my skin tone is few shades lighter.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by hazelle

I brought this on a promotion at SaSa in HK. My first BB cream after hearing about it. The price is around the same as purchasing M.A.C. foundation ($240HKD), but this can do so much with soooooo little!

I use this as a foundation. With my mild acne and freckles, it covers absolutely everything and blends to look super natural. Good thing I brought 2 tubes, if not, I will seriously go crazy. You don't need to use much either, just about the size a penny and it is enough to cover my whole entire face. (i use my fingers) I used this both in HK (hot & humid weather) and in Canada (cool and dry). Same long lasting effect (One blotting and dusting with mineral powder a day)

One thing for sure for all users, clip back all of your hair before you start~

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in a very generous swap and so far am really liking it. This is my first foray into BB Creams but I was very impressed on how easy this blended, the coverage, staying power and overall look. The only con is that the shade is not the "best" for me so I have to be careful on how I apply. I kind of have to dab and pat in the areas that I need it. If I put too much all over it looks kind of masky. This is why I bought the Olay Rengenerist Touch of Foundation which I love and use this more as a concealer. Anyway, I will probably purchase this myself once I use up my samples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I try more than 20 BB creams and this is absolutely the best one.No clog pores or spots..very nice matte finish and last all day long.LOVE IT

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by ongsarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Blemish balms in the market more usual than not, comes in only 1 shade. Gowoonsesang BB is an accident. A very helpful sales lady from Sasa recommended this BB cream to me. I tried it on in store and was blown away by the immediate effect I saw on my face! I was without makeup and this BB cream not only covered my pores, it imparted a very natural glow to my face. Most importantly, it matches my medium skin tone! I wore this BB cream to work the very next day and was again blown away by its oil-controlling properties. I only had to blot my face twice a day. It has been almost a week, and this BB cream has not caused any breakouts =)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by brillopad

I love this stuff! Before I was only using Shiseido UV White Liquid Makeup to cover up my acne scars and facial redness, but it always made me look like I was wearing a lot of makeup, even though I wasn't.

I love BB Cream for one main reason and that is its finish. It is so smooth and creamy, it really makes your skin look flawless. If you have big pores, you can press the cream into the pores and it does a great job minimizing them. It's very easily to apply (I normally pat it on my skin with my fingertips if I'm too lazy to use a foundation brush) and spread and also offers great coverage. After a few hours with it on, I feel like my skin looks extra glowy. The texture of the makeup is not watery or too thick, but a perfect combination of liquid creaminess. It also comes in a little squeeze tube that stands upright, so you can get every last drop out of the bottle.

I have very dry, acne prone skin and this doesn't make my breakout or make settle into any fine lines. The color is actually a bit off though. It's a little darker than I like, so I usually I will pat this on, let it settle for a while, and then pat a layer of the Shiseido UV White over it.

I don't repurchase a lot of my makeup, but this is one thing I will buy over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Teff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for almost a month now. Got some sample from my brother's gf. I must say although the texture is great and coverage is even and superb, but the colour (tint) is a bit too whitish for my skin. I am a very fair skinned asian female, yet I find the undertones of this BB cream too light for my liking. If I were to apply a tad too much, I'd look like I am a chinese opera performer. But nevertheless, the coverage is even as mentioned earlier and skin if left feeling matte for at least 12 hours. I am definitely not going to purchase this one in full size, am now considering a few from BRTC, Skin79 & Dr Jart...but definitely gonna buy samples to try out first!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by viryi

I bought this recently at a Korean market, having heard tons of hype over BB Creams. This one was the brand highly recommended by the person at the counter, though she had more expensive BB Creams for sale as well.

The cream goes on with the consistency of a lotion and closely resembles other tinted moisturizers; there is a noticeable scent but it isn't unpleasant. The SPF 30 is a big plus in my book.

The BB Cream has performed as well as I expected it to -- I wasn't hoping for a miracle, but a light even-out effect and a nice matte finish for me to finish up with concealer on any more noticeable blemishes. My skin has been clearer and softer since I began using it, but I can't claim that this is solely the effect of the cream because I also switched to much more gentle cleansing products around the same time.

My only qualm with this is that the hue is a little pink, which is surprising to me for an Asian product (which I expect to be more warm-toned). It blends nicely, so the slight difference is not noticeable, but I wouldn't try to build up coverage with any product that didn't match exactly my skin tone exactly. It will probably not be the right product for someone who wants to attempt using BB cream as a buildable-coverage foundation rather than a light, sheer tint.

The packaging itself is a small, silver, rather flat squeeze tube, nothing fancy, but it is more sanitary than a mini jar or something similar so I'm happy with it!