Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus

4.2

on 10/27/2011 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Packaging: I hadnít an idea as to what to call it, so Iíll just refer to it as the ďbottleĒ. The design on the bottle is like a spider web and on top of the wand there is an embellishment with the logo. When you pull the out the wand, sunction in the barrel insures that everytime you pull it out you will get the perfect amount and the wand will be even mascara. This is great so you donít have to waste mascara or scrape stuff yourself. Smaller than usual, but thats only because there is less than usual.

Wand- Anyways, I was most excited about the wand. I anticipated that it would be sort of soft and rubber, but instead its actually quite firm. The bristles donít actually comb your lashes individually, but it does coat well an evenly, versus a spiral which sometimes doesnít. The straight comb side is good for working towards the lash line and lashes on the end, and the other sides is good for lengthening and multiple coats.

Lengthening: It does and above average job lengethning. In the formula there are little latex fibres, that attatch to your lashes and help make them look longer. The formula itself also helps to lengthen lashes. 5/5

Volumising: Didnít really make my lashes look thicker (They are already pretty dense) The mascara gives a very fine coat on your lashes, and seems to specialise on lengthening. If youíd like to add volume, try adding a coat of a volumising mascara while your first coat of this one is still wet to avoid clumping. 3/5

Staying Power: It lasts all day without giving me eyes like a raccoon. Since the area around my eye tends to be oily itís important that I use waterproof mascara. This mascara, is VERY waterproof. I canít just wash it out with warm water at the end of the day, and if I mess up I have to make sure I clean the area immediately. I really have to clean it with eye make up remover. I donít mind having to do stretnous work to get it out every time I wear it, but if you donít really need waterproof mascara and donít like extra work, you may not like this mascara. 5/5

Value: On Yesstyle, it sells for 23$USD, which is a lot considering how its almost half the amount of product than usual (There is 6g of products in the container which is about an inch smaller than the average mascara that has around 10-11g). I was able to buy it on eBay for 13$USD plus 3$ expedited shipping. The price I got was very reasonable, considering the quality of the product itself, import fees, as well as shipping, I might have passed it if I had to pay 23$ though. 3/5

Overall: Itís not my dream mascara, but it comes very close! It works fairly well for me and my needs, but may not be suitable for everyone. Itís expensive price when bought outside of Japan can be a little too much, and it comes in a small amount so I have to use sparingly and Iím not quite sure if itíll last me long. 4/5

on 10/15/2011 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's easy to apply and not hard to remove with Lancome eye makeup remover. It does really good job to lengthen and hold my lashes. However, it sumdges to the outer corders of my bottom eyes, not like crazy but definitely noticeable.

on 10/6/2011 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I la-la-la-la-loooooooove this mascara!! When I first saw the tester version of this mascara at Watsons, I took out the wand and I was like WTF?! But when I looked it up on MakeupAlley it's got a lot of rave reviews, so I thought why not try it? I'm glad I did!

This is officially my HG day-time mascara! I have short, thin and straight Asian lashes (although not as short or as thin as most of my Asian friends). However, after curling my lashes and applying this mascara, I now have long, fluttery, dolly lashes that are perfect for day-time! This mascara doesn't clump at all, which is awesome! It doesn't really volumise, but I have another mascara for that. And besides, I'm not really looking for volume for day-time wear.

I agree with others that this mascara is extremely hard to remove. Oh, and did I mention that it holds my curls like forever?? Seriously, even after washing my face with a cleanser and even after showering, the mascara was still there (without even a smudge on my eyelids) and my lashes were still curled up!! So what I do to remove it is:
1) I apply some olive oil on my eyelids and lashes. Then I wait for an hour or so (the longer the better. Olive oil is awesome for your skin too you know!)
2) Then I wash my face (including my eyelids and lashes) with a cleanser that removes all traces of dirt, oil, makeup etc.
3) If I still have some mascara on my lashes, then I would put some olive oil on a cotton pad and gently rub the mascara off my lashes. At this stage there should be no traces of mascara left over.

I'm not sure how this mascara would work on thicker lashes. But if you have short and thin lashes and you haven't tried this stuff, then this is a MUST TRY PRODUCT!!

on 9/19/2011 11:30:00 AM

first majolica product i bought, just to try out. Since i have straight asian lashes, this product is simply THE bEST! Hands down! Use this with an eyelash curler, it really enhances the length of my lashes. It gives a lil volume, but i dont need it. People do ask if im wearing false lashes when i use this product! One thing about this is, i cant find a makeup remover that can remove this. Its super stubborn . So i just leave it on my lashes and will go away the next day after cleaning yr face a few times

on 9/3/2011 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this product. bought it on line at ebay for about $16. very good quality. add length and volume in two swipes. long lasting and super waterproof. you can wear this and jump in a pool and not worry about having dark water dripping down your eyes. I once forgot to take it off at night and the next day i woke up my lashes are still standing up with no smudge at all. $16 for this kind of quality I would not say it's expensive.
I only wish it's a little darker. But you know what? I don't really mind. it's already good enough.

on 9/3/2011 12:20:00 AM

Really love the lengthening effect of this product, a friend who got this complained of it being very clumpy, but I didn't experience it as much as she did. The comb applicator separates the lashes and lengthens them. Its great when I apply falsies too, just blends everything really really well.

Overall this is like my current WOW product and will be making re-purchases for a loong lonng time

on 8/19/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i bought this from japan because of the good reviews and ingrid on youtube swears by it. i really loved the brush and how it realy lengthens my stubby asian lashes. i love the colour and texture but im going to take 1 lippie off because it does clump my lashes together if i try to build it up. and its REALLY waterproof, but the built-on length does come off when you go in a pool, so be careful. but it doesnt smudge...oh wait it does on the bottom lashes, gives me racoon eyes :( but its really nice on my top lashes and i LOVE it for the beach! but it does make my lashes clump together after i go in the water. the great thing is, it comes off with my clean and clear makeup remover even though its japanese! :D overall, GREAAAAT mascara and i would def repurchase :)

on 8/3/2011 4:39:00 PM

I love this mascara. I feel it separates and lengthens amazingly and doesn't clump up. In that respect, it may not be the right product for people who want a lot of volume. You can build up volume with multiple coats of the product, but it is very lengthening so be careful when using multiple coats they can end up getting too long and unnatural looking. The best part for me is it doesn't smudge at all. I have used waterproof mascaras from Covergirl, Maybelline, Max Factor, Revlon, etc. and they all smudge by the end of the day. I do tend to have oily skin so maybe not surprising, but this mascara looks the same for 12-14 hours. My curl holds and no smudging!
Why did I give it a 4 instead of a 5? It can be a little hard to remove, and it is a little pricey (around $29.00 USD). I use Sonia Kashuk eye makeup remover. It does work on this mascara and it's inexpensive and easy to get at Target.

on 7/1/2011 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite mascara of all time. Does what it's advertised to.. Lengthen and separate. It's not a volumizing mascara so don't buy hoping for fat lashes. I use this with my shiseido mascara base most of time and it looks amazing. I go from stick straight lashes to dark, shiny, long, curly, fanned out lashes. Great super black shiny color. When I don't have time to put on much makeup I don't even use the base and it still looks great. The base basically adds some volume to it. Keeps my lashes curled all day.. even in humid weather! Super waterproof so make sure you have to use waterproof eye makeup remover (I use the two part solution by neutrogena). Soak a pad and hold over your eye for about 30 seconds or so. This helps loosen the mascara for easy wiping off. I also shower before taking my makeup off too so that helps the process. Bought this jewel off eBay for about $12. Def worth it. Can't read the packaging but basically you coat your lashes with the broad side then use the fine comb on the other side to separate. I used to hate comb applicators but this works wonders. Def my HG mascara!

on 5/23/2011 11:56:00 AM

I have straight, Asian lashes and this has turned out to be the best mascara I've ever used, combined with the shu uemera eyelash curler, it's AMAZING! It's dries pretty fast which is why it can quickly hold a curl and there are short hair-like fibers which lengthen your lashes. It's great, most definitely a must-have, holy grail item.

Top Rated Shiseido Products