August 2, 2014 | 1562 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by yellowtina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's easy to apply and not hard to remove with Lancome eye makeup remover. It does really good job to lengthen and hold my lashes. However, it sumdges to the outer corders of my bottom eyes, not like crazy but definitely noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by dessuchiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I la-la-la-la-loooooooove this mascara!! When I first saw the tester version of this mascara at Watsons, I took out the wand and I was like WTF?! But when I looked it up on MakeupAlley it's got a lot of rave reviews, so I thought why not try it? I'm glad I did!

This is officially my HG day-time mascara! I have short, thin and straight Asian lashes (although not as short or as thin as most of my Asian friends). However, after curling my lashes and applying this mascara, I now have long, fluttery, dolly lashes that are perfect for day-time! This mascara doesn't clump at all, which is awesome! It doesn't really volumise, but I have another mascara for that. And besides, I'm not really looking for volume for day-time wear.

I agree with others that this mascara is extremely hard to remove. Oh, and did I mention that it holds my curls like forever?? Seriously, even after washing my face with a cleanser and even after showering, the mascara was still there (without even a smudge on my eyelids) and my lashes were still curled up!! So what I do to remove it is:
1) I apply some olive oil on my eyelids and lashes. Then I wait for an hour or so (the longer the better. Olive oil is awesome for your skin too you know!)
2) Then I wash my face (including my eyelids and lashes) with a cleanser that removes all traces of dirt, oil, makeup etc.
3) If I still have some mascara on my lashes, then I would put some olive oil on a cotton pad and gently rub the mascara off my lashes. At this stage there should be no traces of mascara left over.

I'm not sure how this mascara would work on thicker lashes. But if you have short and thin lashes and you haven't tried this stuff, then this is a MUST TRY PRODUCT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by amywmy

first majolica product i bought, just to try out. Since i have straight asian lashes, this product is simply THE bEST! Hands down! Use this with an eyelash curler, it really enhances the length of my lashes. It gives a lil volume, but i dont need it. People do ask if im wearing false lashes when i use this product! One thing about this is, i cant find a makeup remover that can remove this. Its super stubborn . So i just leave it on my lashes and will go away the next day after cleaning yr face a few times

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product. bought it on line at ebay for about $16. very good quality. add length and volume in two swipes. long lasting and super waterproof. you can wear this and jump in a pool and not worry about having dark water dripping down your eyes. I once forgot to take it off at night and the next day i woke up my lashes are still standing up with no smudge at all. $16 for this kind of quality I would not say it's expensive.
I only wish it's a little darker. But you know what? I don't really mind. it's already good enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by elsong1211

Really love the lengthening effect of this product, a friend who got this complained of it being very clumpy, but I didn't experience it as much as she did. The comb applicator separates the lashes and lengthens them. Its great when I apply falsies too, just blends everything really really well.

Overall this is like my current WOW product and will be making re-purchases for a loong lonng time

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by sanaplus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this from japan because of the good reviews and ingrid on youtube swears by it. i really loved the brush and how it realy lengthens my stubby asian lashes. i love the colour and texture but im going to take 1 lippie off because it does clump my lashes together if i try to build it up. and its REALLY waterproof, but the built-on length does come off when you go in a pool, so be careful. but it doesnt smudge...oh wait it does on the bottom lashes, gives me racoon eyes :( but its really nice on my top lashes and i LOVE it for the beach! but it does make my lashes clump together after i go in the water. the great thing is, it comes off with my clean and clear makeup remover even though its japanese! :D overall, GREAAAAT mascara and i would def repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by nancy_s

I love this mascara. I feel it separates and lengthens amazingly and doesn't clump up. In that respect, it may not be the right product for people who want a lot of volume. You can build up volume with multiple coats of the product, but it is very lengthening so be careful when using multiple coats they can end up getting too long and unnatural looking. The best part for me is it doesn't smudge at all. I have used waterproof mascaras from Covergirl, Maybelline, Max Factor, Revlon, etc. and they all smudge by the end of the day. I do tend to have oily skin so maybe not surprising, but this mascara looks the same for 12-14 hours. My curl holds and no smudging!
Why did I give it a 4 instead of a 5? It can be a little hard to remove, and it is a little pricey (around $29.00 USD). I use Sonia Kashuk eye makeup remover. It does work on this mascara and it's inexpensive and easy to get at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by sdima001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite mascara of all time. Does what it's advertised to.. Lengthen and separate. It's not a volumizing mascara so don't buy hoping for fat lashes. I use this with my shiseido mascara base most of time and it looks amazing. I go from stick straight lashes to dark, shiny, long, curly, fanned out lashes. Great super black shiny color. When I don't have time to put on much makeup I don't even use the base and it still looks great. The base basically adds some volume to it. Keeps my lashes curled all day.. even in humid weather! Super waterproof so make sure you have to use waterproof eye makeup remover (I use the two part solution by neutrogena). Soak a pad and hold over your eye for about 30 seconds or so. This helps loosen the mascara for easy wiping off. I also shower before taking my makeup off too so that helps the process. Bought this jewel off eBay for about $12. Def worth it. Can't read the packaging but basically you coat your lashes with the broad side then use the fine comb on the other side to separate. I used to hate comb applicators but this works wonders. Def my HG mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by ChocoCherrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have straight, Asian lashes and this has turned out to be the best mascara I've ever used, combined with the shu uemera eyelash curler, it's AMAZING! It's dries pretty fast which is why it can quickly hold a curl and there are short hair-like fibers which lengthen your lashes. It's great, most definitely a must-have, holy grail item.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

My current HG mascara. It really lengthens my poor short lashes so that they are actually visible! I prefer using it with the lash bone (?), but it works perfectly fine without it in case I am in a hurry. It lasts, and is very waterproof! I have cried my eyes out while having this on, my eyeliner and eye shadow disappeared, but this mascara didn't budge, or come off in flakes at all. It comes off easily with waterproof eye makeup remover. Just soak a cotton pad with the makeup remover, leave it on your eye for about 30 secs, wipe, and it comes off clean. I am in love with this mascara!