July 22, 2014 | 2119 users online

Moisturizers - Lacura - Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by junkfood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the excellent reviews I read here on MUA. I paid about $12 CDN on eBay (no Aldi in Canada), and I love it! It's so incredibly moisturizing! The product hasn't made me break out either, but that's rarely been an issue for me. The only drawback is that I haven't noticed a difference in my hyperpigmentation scars. Also,I wish it came in a tube, but the issue of the "antioxidants breaking down in the presence of air" is not that big an issue because you're not leaving the jar open at all times, only when you need it. And remember to close the jar tightly!
I went on a trip to Ireland at the beginning of July, and in Killarney, I walked almost 20 minutes to Aldi and picked up 4 jars for 2 each!! Considering it would cost at least $30 for a VERY similar product under the name of Clinique or Estee Lauder, etc, any drawbacks I have with the product are null.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by FreedomDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to start by saying that my skin has always reacted badly to products with retinol, but having stuck to the same skincare regime for over a year, I got bored and wanted to try some new product, so I decided to try this one due to the excellent reviews. Unfortunately, just like all products with retinol, this broke me out in little red bumps. The other thing that I found quite odd, was that my eyes would get very irritated during the night (I'm mostly aware of that when I get up in the morning) when I had this on. I generally have no problems with fragranced products, so not sure what the reason is, but the perfume in this is stronger than in most fragranced creams. Oh well, at least it was cheap

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by RaineKim

PROS:
-Moisturizing enough for my dry skin, though I do put the Lioele Sleeping Pack over this.
-Feels nice when I put it on
-Cheap
-Glass jar (well it seems like it's glass) ~I don't like plastic containers as they tend to have chemicals that gets mixed with the product itself.

CONS:
-The strong smell
-As other people mentioned, you have to stick your finger in, which is very unsanitary (even if you washed your hands)
-It seems like the strong smell irritated my skin as I have very sensitive skin
-It broke me out

CONCLUSION:
I'm disappointed with this cream because a lot of people are obviously raving about it. I used it for about a week and a half, and I can say that it just didn't work for me as much as I wanted it to. The smell is so strong that when I first put it on I felt nauseous and sick. If you don't mind spending a couple of bucks, try this out. It seems to be working for other people, just not for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by mickeylush

This is my first review on here, but I HAD to shout from the rooftops how amazing this cream is! I've been using it for a week, and my skin has seriously never looked better! I've had adult acne for the last 10 years, and now I'm starting to get some forehead lines, etc. I've tried every acne wash, proactive, etc. on the market, and felt that if I only had a few spots on my cheeks, that was the best I could hope for. I had quit hoping for *clear* skin. Well, after a week of using this night cream (in conjunction with the Lacura cleanser with Vit B5), my skin is CLEAR! My hyperpigmentation scars are actually disappearing, as well. I don't know whether to laugh or cry, seeing as how this line is marketed as "hydrating" and anti-wrinkle, but I have found the answer to my adult acne problems! My skin looks plump, I haven't had even one new zit, the fine lines on my forehead are reduced, and overall, I just look "glowy." My husband even noticed that my face looked "brighter" (and he barely even notices when I cut or color my hair). Seriously, TRY this product! Even if you don't think you need a "hydrating" anti-wrinkle cream. You might be amazed at the results! *I took off one point for the jar packaging. It's a nice heavy glass jar, but I don't love that I have to stick my finger, or a spatula, in to get the product. Of course, this is a minor, minor flaw in an otherwise wonderful product!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by natalierosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ordered this on eBay after finding rave reviews here on mua. After using for two weeks, I wanted to post to let others know about my disappointment in this product. I have normal skin and this has not only made me break out, but it has also caused my face to be greasy and red. I buy a ton of products, but only write reviews on a few...Just wanted to let others know that not everyone has a good experience . :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by latoyaoneall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I at first was hesitant to pick up this product at my local Aldi because the price was so low. But I figured what the heck, I'll give it a try! I definitely wasn't disappointed! The first night I tried it, I had breakouts and my face looked disgusting, so I put on a thin layer of this cream (after exfoliating) and the next morning, my breakouts were gone! I've been using this cream religiously for about 2 weeks, and my face couldn't look better! I don't have to wear heavy foundation now to cover up my blemishes (which are nonexistent) and my face seems softer and plumper! This product is definitely worth it, I'm going back to Aldi to pick up about 3 or 4 more jars. I also love the fact that the product comes in glass as well...I can't stand plastic because over time, plastic degrades and breaks down into the product so that's another plus for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Shin786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was one of these people who never ever used to moisturise due to always being scared of breaking out further. My skin is acne prone with pigmentation issues and now I'm beginning to see signs of ageing!!! So I decided I needed to incorporate a moisturiser into my routine especially since I use acid based cleansers etc. I picked this up from aldi for 2 after reading so many rave reviews and I must say I'm totally sold! I've been using it for a month now and my skin looks plumper, glowy and makeup application is so much smoother! Can't comment on whether it has helped with any lines but it hasn't broken me out which in itself is nothing short of a miracle. This is a rich night cream which absorbs well and smells kinda perfumy but I can live with that since I punished my husband plenty with apple cider toner last thing at night! Price is ridiculously cheap for such an awesome cream! Go and get some!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

Thank you MUA for your reviews on this cream - I am officially on the band wagon! At $3.99 it's a steal & my skin likes it better than EL's resilience or Lancome's renergie. In the morning my skin looks & feels soft, supple & refreshed. It never feels greasy and hasn't broken me out. Try it - you'll be shocked at what quality you get for $4

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

This is a great night cream. It is very moisturizing and the retinol evens out my skin tone. I haven't had any skin issues with it and it was only $4. My only complaint is that I can't find it at my Aldi anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by sjesic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

MY HG NIGHT CREAM!
best night cream EVER! and only 2!!!
This stuff is just amazing! It has made my skin so nice and mositurized it is unbelievable, it evened out my skin tone and never broke me out. its done what many other (expensive) creams didn't and the best is it doesn't have any mineral oil in it which is definately a plus for me. Many people complain about the strong smell it has or the "not-so-hygienic" jar with a lid it has but I really look past that. this product is just WOW