July 28, 2014 | 2176 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is currently my favorite powder foundation. I just love it. I have tried several powder foundations since giving up Bare Minerals, which had started to look very bad on me. This is by far the best of any powder foundation I have tried, in any price range.

The coverage is very good for a powder foundation. I would say it is a medium coverage. I apply it with the sponge that comes with it. With a brush, I just don't get enough coverage.

It is very creamy, not dry at all. I can use it around my eyes without it looking dry or accentuating the lines around my eyes. They color stays true on my skin, no oxidation. It feels wonderful on my skin, and looks natural.

I had purchased Clinique Almost Powder foundation a couple of times, but will not purchase again, because this does a much, much better job for a fraction of the price. I paid about $6 at Walmart.

I absolutely will repurchase this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by effy0urface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this, the coverage, price, oil control, and even the blue container. Sadly, it's too freaking dark, even though I got the lightest shade. I even have the clean makeup liquid in ivory (also the lightest shade) but that matches perfectly. Why oh why are they different? I don't even look tan, I just look dirty! Damn you Covergirl!
I DEMAND MORE PALE SHADES!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by slicedara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually got this from a friend, so I didn't expect much at first, but I really like it!
After applying concealer and foundation, I use this to set all my makeup. It works really well and gives a matte finish.
The only thing that I don't like is the sponge. It gets dirty real fast. You just have to wash it frequently.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by sarawrrxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using this as a setting powder as well as a blotting powder throughout the day. I love maybelline dream matte powder but I was looking for something with more coverage for my blot/press powder. It applies nicely, although with a heavy hand it can and will look heavy or chalky. It's best to use a kabuki brush (mine is the ecotools retractable) but sometimes it adds so much bulk to my bag I just go ahead and use the sponge provided and it still applies nicely with light application.

Oil control was pretty good, I probably needed to blot about twice the whole day, much better oil control than Shiseido's powdery. This did not break me out!

So why a lower rating? This powder oxidized to a disgusting shade of orange on my skin. I would blot usually around my nose midday and a few hours later I would look at a mirror and I could see a vile dark streak down the bridge of my nose, exactly where I applied. This powder was SO close to becoming my favorite d/g powder. Maybelline Dream Matte still remains my favorite.

For reference, I'm NC30 asian with oily and acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by bisco

Maybe a week ago, I went to Rite Aid, and tried looking back at what setting powder I used in High School. It was a toss, between the green compact and blue compact. I assumed the green (it was always more apparent in my stash and I grew up with it for many years) and didn't even look the blue over. A couple days ago, I realized and remembered it was the blue compact I picked up my senior or junior year, with the green once and awhile. I love both dearly, but I love this one a little more. It's less chalky, does well with a brush, and provides nice, and natural, coverage. I'm going to permanently throw it back in, because it gave me flawless skin, with my foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by chi27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

i like this powder because it's fragrance free and it covers superbly! love the sleek compact design.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by cinz06

After finishing my MAC Studio Fix compact, I decided to try a cheaper powder because I found that I wasn't loving my MAC compact enough to buy another. I usually hate drugstore powders because you can't really try them to see if the color will match well with your skin. I think that the variety of colors for this product is not so great. I didn't want to try the lightest shade because I was afraid it would turn out to be too light so I went for the second lightest. It leaves me looking SLIGHTLY darker but it's ok because it evens out my skin tone. I might try the lighter one next time. But aside from the color issue, I really like this compact, better than the MAC one. I have oily skin and this product leaves my skin shine free, vs MAC which now seems chalky to me. I still get a little oily, but I just love the texture of this powder, it's so soft. During the days when I want a more natural look, i use a soft brush instead of the sponge it comes with.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by elba86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because i wanted a powder to carry with me when i do touchups during the day. After reading reviews on MUA i decided to go with this. It gets the job done, i use it with my ecotools blush brush and just lights dust it over my face when im oily. Controls oil, not all day but then again im an oil slick. Doesnt cake. It does not have that horrid cover girl smell which is a plus. It doesnt deposit an extreme amount of color but its definitly buildable. Comes with a sponge, and a nice big mirror in the compact. Packaging is very flimsy and cheapy. Overall if i would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by mandycool01

great coverage for a ds powder! however, i couldnt find a color match. im nc20 for reference

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably the best powder foundation I've tried at the drugstore! The only other powder foundation I love is Bare Escentuals, but I reach for this little blue baby when I want a matte finish rather than the glowy one that my beloved BE gives me. This provides a light to medium coverage, and I apply using a good quality kabuki brush, and it's never cakey...it's matte, yet natural looking. Covers my large pores nicely and controls oil better than most. I am about a NC37 and use either Soft Honey or Classic Tan depending on how tan I am. Great for touchups throughout the day as well, it's nice to have an all in one product like this!