November 29, 2014 | 945 users online

Sunscreen - Bare Escentuals - SPF 30 Natural Sunscreen

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 9:00:00 AM More reviews by bluesuze

So far I am liking this. I picked this up out of desperation. I have oily, acne prone skin and some physical sunscreens feel heavy on my skin while chemical sunscreens cause my skin to be irrated. So I am really limited on what I can use. I am using a physical sunblock most mornings if I am going to spend time outside, and take this with me to apply over my foundation later in the day if needed.

I have it in the lightest shade and it works well with my coloring (NC15). I happen to like the packaging because I can take it with me.

It can be hard to tell how much you are applying, but if you run your finger over the bristles, you will see a "cloud" of dust in the air. You have to make sure you give it the extra "twist" after the initial twist of bringing up the brush.

When I apply it later in the day, I know it is going on my skin because my skin is shiny mid or late day, and as soon as I put this on it makes my face matte. This does not get cakey on me. I have not burned at all since I"ve been wearing this, but I also wear hats when I spend time outside.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by superkathy

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

2 lippies for the great idea of mineral powder sunscreen for both body and face. But that's about it. I was so excited when I first heard about this powder sunscreen, and bought it thinking that it would do good on my face, w/o messing up with any of my makeup+sweat, which is what other sunscreen lotions do. I really wanted to like this powder! But when I first opened it, it was impossible to get any powder out, thinking that I might break the bottle, I took it to Sephora where the SA had to tap it for half a minute to get the powder out. Then, I was trying to apply it to my arm, nothing came out. The brush was just lightly colored, but I saw barely anything--- note that this is a sunscreen, which u would need to apply a relatively large amount for it to work at all! I tried tapping it like they did, but still little powder came out.

One other thing, it is UVA and UVB protecting, which is good, but it has only physical sunscreen, no chemical sunscreen. While this idea is adored by some people, I personally think that chemical ingredient in a sunscreen is useful because once the UV rays get into your skin, it is the chemical that works to eliminate damage.

It's been only 2 days that I bought it, and I was so excited to try it on my face, but it is just impossible.
It's gonna have to go back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 12%

Inactive Ingredients: Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheral Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf Extract)Lycium Chinensis (Lych Berry) Extract, Ranunculus Ficaria Root Extract, Silica..... (+/-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77482, CI 77489),Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163). continued >>