October 24, 2014 | 919 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by pagirl99

I love it...saw it in Elle magazine...bought it....makes my skin look clearer nice texture and feel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lancôme Genifique - Meh, overpricy stuff that did nothing at all for me, I'll not purchase. I prefer my AHA from Paula's choice. The packaging is pretty but that's it for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by hotbeautybitch

Sadly, it make me break out.
I like how it feels/the texture, but i would not buy it ( I got 2 samples à la 7ml)
I don´t think it´s really hydrating, but ultimately i would not consider it a bad product. It just didn´t blow me away...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Ouch! I got this as a gift and after the first time I tried this, my face was aching and soon painful cystic pimples started to show up on the surface. Being in a new city I thought maybe it was the water. I tried again when I got back home (month later) and the same thing happened... Face full of painful acne!

Besides the acne, I always woke up really oily both times I tried this under my regular moisturizer... I can't recall using a product before that causes acne this fast and this painful.

Now I will spend the next week healing my face! They are not kidding when they say this causes acne!!

I decided to throw it out... Not worth it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've never seen a product so expensive yet useless! I received it as a sample in a free gift. It is the first Lancome product from which I've noticed no effect whatsoever. Additionally, it has a slimy, disgusting texture. I would never want to pay for it much less use it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by sessakay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My sister sent me a 7 day trial suppy,I started to use it not expecting a thing since no product ever seems to do what it says...On the 4th day I couldn't believe my eyes!! My skin was radiant,the color of my skin was much more even and my pores which are normally fairly large were almost undetectable!! I absolutely LOVE it and plan on buying it for myself!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by fleurissante

I've been using it once per day for a little over three weeks. I used one drop of the serum for the whole face.

The serum is very runny, almost like water and it has silicon feeling. As I have mention, a little goes a long way, so I have almost half a bottle left.

The serum sinks into the skin immediately.

During the testing period, I haven't noticed any improvement on my skin. However, I've noticed that it gave me breakouts - 10 cystic acnes along the jawline which never happens to me. This is definitely a deal-breaker for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jenngjt

(my skin type at the end)

My friends who have great skin raved about it and I got what must have been 21 days worth of sample.

Started off day and night, and it broke me out with small bumps. Hated it then and stopped completely.

After a long while I gave it another try because I hear so much good things, I wonder why I can't seem to experience it.

The first night I used it, I slept and woke up with skin that had a great visible glow. I didn't notice it until I went to my office mirror (which I look at myself every morning) and was surprised! But I didn't make the connection and continued using it. The glow didn't appear as significant on 2nd day.

To prove that it's due to this product, I stopped using it and then use it once a week. The glow and radiance is indeed due to Genifique.

Since then, I've concluded a few things on this product.
1. When I stop and suddenly use it after a long while, the next-day morning glow is really visible. An overall brightness and radiance I've never seen, even though I didn't sleep well. I now use it once a week, or for special days when I need to look radiant.

2. It leaves my skin (esp cheeks which are sensitive) a little red. No itch, but just a warm sensation and flushed cheeks. No biggie but I think there's something in there that is either working to create that radiance, or reacting with sensitive skin.

3. Use once at night (I layer it on after my Shiseido softener). Or once every other few days if you had a reaction. Some friends with sensitive skin tell me they had reactions as well, and they either use another of lancome's range or use Genifique way less often than once a day. The key is to find a way to work this into your routines!

4. I somehow prefer the older formula, not sure why, but maybe it felt lighter and less thick?

skin type: asian skin, late 20s, no acne, but open pores on T zones + cheeks, slightly sensitive cheeks

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by yeeness

This product made my skin feel smooth and silky, but unfortunately caused break outs too. I used this in conjunction with the Visionnaire (as recommended by the Lancome sales person) and must admit that it was a disappointment. Given the price of these products, I expected much better results.

Not worth the money in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Valmerc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty useless, but it didn't do any damage (peel, dry out, break out) my skin.
I suppose I'm young enough to not worry about wrinkles.