November 27, 2014 | 989 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Tnalexander

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the sample size from Sephora because I have very very dry and sensitive skin. This product successfully moisturized my skin with causing my face to turn red like many other moisturizers do, however hope in a jar caused the top of my cheekbones and the outer corners of my eyes to sting and react to the product. Not my favorite. I'd rather use SkinMD from the drugstore. FYI this red stinging problem has only happened with a handful of products and as best as I can tell it's caused by witch hazel, aloe, and products that are "all natural."

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this is a value pack from QVC. I love the purity made simple that came with is and read all the rave reviews on this stuff. I swear that my jar had to be expired. The smell was so awful. It smelled like fish, or metal. The smell I cannot stand is the smell that comes off of keys or coins when handling them. Every time I wore this stuff I could not get past the smell. HATED IT! Could be that I got a bad jar, but either way, the moisturzer wasnt anything special anyway. Would not repurchase, huge regret, waste of a lot of money!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by niightingale

too expensive! doesn't do anything for my face. not worth the money. might have been breaking me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by makeuphormones

I'm not sure if they altered the ingredients, but I used to love this. Holy grail love! Either my skin has changed or the product has changed, but this doesn't work for me anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by LL1130

I got this during the sephora VIB sale and the sales assistant was really friendly and recommended this to me since I was looking for a moisturizer. I have always loved the purity cleanser so I got this Hope In a Jar in a kit with a cleanser and the Eye Hope. Both the cleanser and the eye cream worked well but I just couldn't stand the smell of this. While I do like the light consistency of it, the smell just bothered me so much that I needed to get rid of it, will never be purchasing this because I just cant stand the smell of this on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by n2fraser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to try this moisturiser as my friend had finished a whole tub and we have similar skin, but after using it for a few months, I am kind of disappointed. Firstly, I bought it when I was overseas and had to travel around with it, the packaging was sooo bad for this, the cream would end up all over the lid and up the sides and it would even leak out liquid! I loved that it was a whipped moisturiser, but after travelling with it, it seemed to have lost all the air and just became a normal sloppy consistency.
Another thing is the smell, I really tried to like it and thought of it like this: "it doesnt have to smell nice, as long as it is doing good for my skin" but now I feel I am just lying to myself. Theres just something weird about it, and I can't quite put my finger on it.
As for how it makes my skin feel? It feels nice to put on, I think I might prefer something a bit thicker (I use it as a night moisturiser) but I haven't noticed anything amazing. I have recently even started going back to my old drugstore cream because the smell is so gross before bedtime! It is very overpriced for what it is.
Overall I was disappointed with this product and definitely would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by blonderedhead78

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I began using this cream 10 years ago while I was in my early twenties. Back then, I didn't really notice any difference in my skin from this cream, probably because I didn't have any major skin issues. Now that I am in my thirties, I began to notice discoloration, dullness and texture changes and decided to give this brand another try. I have to say that I have seen a tremendous improvement in my skin over the past 3 weeks. HIAJ is the perfect amount of moisture and leaves my skin soft and glowing. Texture has improved and my skin is brighter, more even toned and fine lines are improved. I use this in conjunction with the vitamin c booster and HIAJ night cream, and also use the retinol treatment 3x a week.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by laflawyer

I like the consistency of this moisturizer and how it makes my skin feel, but it smells like wet dog! If it wasn't for the nasty smell I'd be a fan.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ChristyMakeup3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

More like junk in a jar, look at the ingredients, they are just a smodge podge of a bunch of ingredients it didn't do anything special for my skin and i know of so many other moisturizers that actually work.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by bflytilidy

What a dreadful product. I've honestly never liked Philosophy, but have been hearing more and more about them, so I thought maybe I was too quick to judge in the past. So I went out and purchased Hope in a Jar and the Purity Made Simple One-Step Cleanser (see separate review) and I was beyond disappointed by both. Hope in a Jar is just that... Hope. But disappointment. Reminds me of how I get psyched up for a date that promises to be amazing, and I'm left wondering afterwards how I will regain those couple hours of my life. This "moisturizer" dried out my combination skin to the point of peeling, itching, and breakouts. Now that I'm a bit older, I only breakout from two things: 1) hormonal changes at a very particular time of the month; and, 2) crappy products. This also comes in a jar (WTF) so it is completely unsanitary and a pain in the #&@ to use. Oh and the smell... the smell! Am I dying my hair or moisturizing? This is going back to the store today with the Purity Cleanser, as well as all the freebies I was given by Philosophy, I don't even want those! Back to using my current HG - Devita Age Perfecting Moisturizer.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No