Revlon Multi-care base and top

2.0

i use this for a top coat. its okay, not great but not horrible. i like how it makes my nail polish really shinny. but it does not do a very good job as a top coat. my polish chips easily, and comes off faster than it should. its an okay product, there are a lot more better ones out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this for a while... only because I didn't have anything else around when I started polishing regularly again.

Doesn't dry hard... you can definitely poke dents in your nails days (and days) later.. and it actually dulls the finish of some of my favorite OPI polishes... and it dries slowly. It doesn't do any favors as a top coat.

As a base though, I think it is fine. I haven't used anything else as a base, but my nails seem to be happy. I do not have deep ridges or other major problems to cope with, so that could definitely be part of my satisfaction with this use of the product.

As a top coat -thumbs down-
As a base -thumbs up-
As a formula that can harden your nails -thumbs up-
I have really soft nails and they chip really easily. This did a great job of hardening my nails.
As a top coat however, it just wasn't shiny enough.
This is an OK product but I could find better quality transparent polishes for cheaper :P

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

What a terrible formula! Takes ages to dry, and makes the first coat of colour streaky and balding, like you used car wax! It really seems like they made a mistake in the formulation. Going back to my regular, reliable Sally Hansen for $1.99.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product does NOT work. I got it for $4 in a pack with another nail polish at a factory. But this product SUCKS! It does nothing... if I want it to do anything I have to apply it everyday on top of my nail polish.. It doesn't even have a nice finish though. It's not clear, and its not glossy, it's this weird metal look. Sorta rusted... lol, not pretty. Don't recommend this product AT ALL!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Revlon Multi-care base and top coat:

I applied a coat of this and used OPI polish on top. The first time I thought it was dry and applied polish, the result was uneven and the polish was really grabby. The second time I used it I waited longer for the product to dry thinking that was the problem. I had the same uneven application but applied a second coat of polish hoping to correct it.

Later I opened a can and my polish peeled back as though it was still wet underneath. It felt dry on top!

I did try to use this without polish on top as an alternative to clear polish and it has strenghthened my nails and actually made them grow. I have what you might want to call "butt diggers" for fingernails and they rarely reach the tops of my fingertips. So that was a pleasant surprise. But since that isn't what this product is marketed for I can't give it more than three lippies cause it stinks as a base coat. I didn't even attempt it as a top coat.

I normally use OPI and don't own Revlon polishes. Maybe this is one of those products that is incompatible with other companies. Bummer. I won't be re-purchasing again. I would only recommend this as an awesome alternative to clear polish since it makes my nails tough as....nails:).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

At first I thought I would really like this because it makes my nails very shiny. However, it takes forever for it to dry to a hard finish. When I go to bed and wake up the next morning I have some slight dents and imperfections in my manicure, and this happens even when I paint my nails in the afternoon. I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a great base coat for users who change their nail colours frequently. I never have the issue of yellowish nails anymore, as this really protects my nails!.Also, it made the nail colours last longer after applying this as top coat.
The brush strand is not long enough to touch the base of the bottle, therefore it gets annoying when it is finishing soon, as I need to tip the bottle to one side, to get the liquid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

all this is, is a clear nail polish. it does nothing more to fill in lines or prevent yellowing than a plain clear polish would do. it also does not prevent chipping any more than anything else. It also does not dry very hard, i can still use another nail to chip or dent the polish. i'm going to try to return this today.

Pros:
-Dries incredibly fast
-Gives a gorgeous and translucent shine
-Thin coat
-Easy and fast to apply
-Decent design

Cons:
-Often dries with little air bubbles. No matter how hard I try to prevent them from forming they still come out. It makes my nail polish look cheap.
-It isn't very protective. Other top coats I've tried (OPI) don't create dents when I poke a nail onto topcoat a few days later. This one does.
-Very vulnerable to dirt, scratching... etc

Good price though, but I'd recommend investing a bit more into a better top coat. They're important!