August 20, 2014 | 1425 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by msnicki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product line. I have super oily skin and while it did cut some of the oil but it also broke my face out pretty badly. Thinking because I was at the 3rd month of my Clarisonic and that was breaking me out I changed the brush. All was well for about a week and then right back the breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 7:14:00 AM More reviews by olivialaw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked this product, it was really good for my combination skin. I felt that it stung a little when I put it on at first, but when I started using less of it, it became one of my new favourite products! I found it took a while to make sure all of it was completely removed, but then again, I have found this on many different products. The smell wasn't too strong, which I liked, and as it is lasting me a while, I feel that it was very good value for money. Will definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 6:03:00 AM More reviews by hahatopistol

I have oily skin, but a lot of cleansers tend to over-dry my skin and leave me with a peeling mess around my nose/cheeks. After using this product my complexion is a lot more matte, though it's certainly no miracle cure for those of us with oily skin. I do notice that after a long day at work, under hot/bright lights, that an oil blotting cloth would do me some good. I've been using it in conjunction with the nutriganics night cream and my skin looks better than it ever has.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This cleanser was purchased at a buy 2 get 1 free event at the Body Shop
I was originally going to get the tea tree one but the sales lady kept persuading me that it was too strong
Soooo I got this cleanser, toner, and ionic clay mask
I thought this was going to control the oil and shine from my t-zone because it was for oily/combo skin, exactly the skin type I have
But it didn't really do anything, it smells good
It didn't control my shine or oil for more than 30 mins but I think if I used the complete set at the same time, it would work
But for the cleanser itself, it doesn't really feel deep-action cleaning but more gentle
It leaves my skin feeling soft, not overly dry, and pretty normal
I wouldn't reccommmend this to remove makeup because I don't see it doing much but for an everyday gentle cleanser you can consider this one.
btw: smells really good, not seaweed-y at all! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by kellyhuckaby

I wanted to love this but it has far too much fragrance. I felt like I was putting perfume all over my face! Back to the aloe cleanser for me...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by starsdotu

My face feels clean, refreshing, and matte after using this. Definitely help control my oily skin although my face still gets a teensy oily throughout the day, but not to the point where it's noticeable. It looks dewy if anything. And a little goes a long way, I use a dime size or less. It does what it says. The only reason why I didn't give it a 5 is because I'm looking for something that will help more with my acne-prone skin.
**Update: My face is starting to feel dry and tight after I use this. I started to use a moisturizer to help.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is ok. I've moved onto better cleansers, but this one was decent while I used it. It's more gentle than the tea tree cleanser, but still a little drying. It didn't irritate my skin, but somehow my face didn't quite feel clean afterwards, perhaps because I have oily skin. I imagine this cleanser would be pretty good for someone with normal skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I know the mildness of this cleanser is probably a good thing, but I have very oily skin and just don't feel clean enough after using it! The price is reasonable though and I'm sure it's great for someone with drier skin than mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by vanig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I alternated between this cleanser and their tea tree cleanser for almost a year - since i got them both on discount. I didn't care much for them, as I thought they did little for my skin. It was only when I stopped using them that I realized how good they were . Seaweed kept my skin matte for a long time everyday - better than any other product I've tried so far. My skin was perfect with very few breakouts and even fewer scars thanks to this product. I think it would work well for people with very oily and acne prone skin line me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Emeraldc83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this a little over 1 month ago and I have about 3 days worth of product left so it last about 5 - 6 because you only need a quarter size amount. I am using the cleanser, mask, and day & night moisturizer from this line. I also wanted to try the Tea Tree line but the sales lady said that would be to harsh for my skin so I got this, but I am using the fade cream & scrub from the Tea Trea line. I started seeing results after about 2 weeks of use... now that I have been using this for about a month I like it but it is drying my skin out. I had oliy skin in the T-Zone with breakouts mostly on my cheeks. The breakouts dry up fast but like I said now my skin in quite dry, which doesn't make foundation look good. Overall I like this product and if it didn't dry my skin out I would have given it a 5.