October 23, 2014 | 1741 users online

Concealers - Kat Von D - Tattoo Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

This covers my dark dark circles well but I felt like it was too thick and settled into my fine lines. It's also hard to blend because its so thick. I wouldn't recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by wandaana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love love this concealer!

It covers all my redness and blemishes so easily it's like a miracle. I use the tiniest bit of product and blend it out with a buffing brush and the result is just flawless. I usually top this with a light translucent setting powder and it lasts all day/night. It CAN get a bit cakey if you apply a lot, but there's really no need since this covers so well.

One thing though, as it is a TATTOO concealer, I tried using it to cover one of my tattoos.. didn't work as I could still see the darkness coming through. Maybe it would've worked if I had used Kat Von D's entire tattoo line, along with a primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by tofubabiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this concealer for the past 3 years,,, it is a really good undereye concealer, I don't have much else to conceal on my face besides my dark circles, so a little bit goes along way. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

Absolutely love this! It covers my acne blemishes AND scars! The staying power is also phenomenal. I have an issue with my undereye circles, but I need to use a separate treatment to lighten them. Overall very strong and lasting lasting concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Eurofire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolute love this product. The texture is amazing. I've used Mac for years, ever since I found the Kat Von D I would never switch back.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by lovelyisntlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer. I don't have tattoos to cover, but blemishes I do. It covers well, color is perfect, lasts forever. Gorgeous!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

When I finished my nars concealer I wanted something a little more affordable so I saw this and saw all the good reviews so I thought yes I'll try and love it because everybody else does! Well that's not what happened. This concealer is terrible it's thick and doesn't cover at all and if you try to build up the coverage it looks so cakey and it cracks through out the day. I broke out really badly recently and I have many dark spots left over well this looks like it covered them but in an hour they were completely visible and made my makeup look as if I never wore any makeup I don't know what it is about this concealer but it also ruins my foundation too my foundations look all splotchy and cheap. What a terrible product I'll never repurchase this and I'm going to tell everybody not to bother with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Shaketheglitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Been using this for a few years now. I love this concealer compared to many other high end concealers. Great coverage for dark circles and the occasional vacuum cleaner mark :X

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I give this concealer SO much credit simply because its one of the few that has a shade that matches me. I'm an NC20, yellow Asian and the Medium Shade-22 is so close that on my better days I can wear it alone without layering foundation/powder on top. The coverage is awesome, I can even cover beauty marks on my chin I'm not fond of & the veins under my eyes that peek through, fully with 0 caking. However Im not impressed with the longevity & wear of this product. I've tried wearing it different ways & have come across these issues:
1. KVD concealer FIRST then foundation on top (liquid OR powder) it moves the concealer, wiping it so I have to reapply & then it looks gray once mixed w foundation
2. Foundation FIRST then KVD it doesn't last long, gets oily? and fades wayy quicker. I have dry skin by the way, so I dont get it.
3. KVD concealer + Ben nye powder to set + foundation/powder on top=combo problem

Such a shame because its truly an awesome product. Needs a drop for good non cakey, natural full coverage. Maybe when Im drier in the winter AND have better skin so Im only covering scars/moles & not reddness/uneveness I can rock it alone. Til then, I'll keep using & keep searching.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMaven94

Okay, so. This product boasts that it is so highly pigmented and fabulous at covering flaws that it can make a tattoo disappear. Pardon my french ladies,(and gents ;) but that is just horse puckey! I work in a high end makeup store and I know a high end product when I see one. Sure this stuff can cover more than most drugstore concealers but it can not by any stretch of the imagination or stippling brush cover a tattoo. It is also greasy and smells like paint. I didn't even want to use it to cover the redness around my nose for fear of losing I.Q points to the fumes! Not a very impressive product! If you really want a concealer that can cover a tattoo, try Cover FX. Highly pigmented and goes matte with a bit of setting powder.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No