July 29, 2014 | 2001 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Stick

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by GorgeoisPig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not posting this to bash on the product at all, but more as a warning to those who might be likely to have allergic reactions. I had a *terrible* reaction to this lip balm. I literally had blistered sores on my lips for days after I started using it. I'm not sure what it was, but I'm guessing it might have been the fragrance.

The balm itself was ok enough, but if you are at all prone to allergic reactions, you might be better off avoiding this one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by missminikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't care for this as a lip treatment but I use it to spot treat dry patches. I really like applying this to my elbows and heels. My elbows are pretty much like sandpaper, I've tried various body lotions and moisturizers and none have made a difference. Within one application of this my elbows felt much smoother. The tube makes it easy to spot treat on the go. I imagine this would be a bit awkward to place on your lips as the stick is so large, it's about the size of a gluestick.

This works great, smells great and is super cheap. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best lipbalm, hands down. It stays on forever! I can apply it before bed and when I wake up I can still feel it on my lips slightly in the morning! It smells divine and you get a lot of product for the money, which is around just $2 anyway! I will repurchase again and again! HG definitely! Pick one up!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by BerryObsession

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that I am a lip balm junkie. I buy a few a month normally and I always feel that at first they work well but as time goes on they do not perform as well and usually leave my lips very dry even after constantly reapplying. Recently I had an allergic reaction to a medication I was prescribed causing blisters to form on my lips and after they went away they were sooo dry and remained drier than usual. I tried so many lip balms during the past few months and nothing seemed to work...that is until I found this product which is now my HG lip balm and I am almost tempted to throw away every other lip balm I own. It's that good! I am so glad I decided to come on here and read all of the positive reviews about it because if I never did I probably would have never thought about buying this. Immediately after buying this I opened it and put it on my lips right away. It just glided right on my lips and left them already feeling so much smoother and softer. The smell is to die for and smells like an ice cream shop/chocolate and marshmallows but it fades after being on the lips for a short time which isn't a bad thing in my opinion and it has no taste which is another plus so if I am eating or drinking something while this is on it doesn't change the flavor. I love how when I wake up after applying this the night before my lips are so soft and smooth and they even have the lip balm still on them which I find amazing. I find myself wanting to put this on all the time but for once it's not because my lips are drying out it's just because of the smell and how it feels on my lips. I love this so much that I actually bought a second tube today for my face if I ever have any dry spots or blemishes and whatever else I may need it for. If you haven't tried this you definitely should go out and get it asap! You won't be sorry :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by notoriouskkg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best. Lip balm. Ever.

I love this stuff! It goes on so smoothly, and it is so quickly absorbed into my lips. I have used all the drugstore lip balms/chapsticks out there (soft lips, Nivea, Carmex, Blistex, Chapstick, Burt's Bees, etc.), and none have kept my lips so hydrated. I love the cocoa butter smell. It's so affordable, like only $2.50 per tube, and you get sooo much product for your investment! This thing is the size of a glue stick, which is a bit awkward, but I still love this stuff! This is my HG lip balm. I may change my mind if I ever decide to shell out the $23 for Fresh Sugar lip balm, but until then, this stuff is IT!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This works AMAZINGLY on dry lips! It's a bit big and bulky, so it's not good for in the pockets. But it GLIDES onto your lips, keeps them nice and soft and lovely, it smells like chocolate, but it does fade away, it doesn't leave after a few hours. it stays on, It feels good, it tastes and smells good, and it does good!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product was only so-so for me. It does a very good job of masking chapped lips when they are dry but it doesn't seem to have any lasting effects for lip health, which I would expect in a product. This is alright when it is on your lips but it doesn't last very long and the long-term effects aren't noticeable to me. I don't think I'll be repurchasing this for awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I will never be without this in my handbag. This is a great product for keeping your lips moisturized, soft and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Meira12V

This is the BEST stuff ever. I have a stick in every bag and have bought one for all my friends. Any time I feel like I want to moisturize my lips, this is what I reach for. And in the winter when things get chapped, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that it fixes chapping in ONE application and does NOT make my lips seem to need application after application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by 1017

I prefer this much better than the actual lip balm Palmers. This is an oversized stick but it goes on without any irritation. Where as when I use the Palmers lip balm with SPF, I get a tinge of irritation. Also, if you love Palmers stuff, try the chocolate peppermint lip balm (vaseline like)...it is YUMMY.