Maybelline Line Express Eyeliner

3.2

on 12/21/2010 12:45:00 PM

One of the best eyeliners I've ever used! I have the brownish-black one. It applies nicely, and I love how it includes a smudge applicator in the same product (which, to me, seems hard to find). The only thing that I don't like is that it can fade a bit within maybe 5 hours. But it is very good as a staple eyeliner, since you can wear it everyday to work or school, or to a formal event. Would definately recommend if you want a versatile product.

on 12/13/2010 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I actually think this is a decent eyeliner but I only use this to line my lower lid. I sometimes use this for my upper lid if I want a really soft natural look but usually I just stick to the lower lid since I like a soft, smudgy look and then a more defined look on top. I got this in the navy color, I think it was called blackened sapphire. I've tried some really hard eyeliner pencils that barely make a line and this isn't bad, not as smooth as I'd like but it creates a nice line. I like that it's not overly dark because I don't want a harsh line for my lower lid and the smudger comes in handy. Lasting power is eh, I've had worse but this is okay. I notice some smudging by noon but even high end liners have done that. Overall I think this is decent liner for the price.

on 11/30/2010 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Uhhhkk ! so annoying it makes my eyeballs change color and it smudges and it hurts when you apply (i dont do it rough ) and the black one isnt even dark enough and i wanted it to be black !

The most annoying thing ever was the pencil itself. Whenever I went to sharpen the lead it snapped off. I only have a bit left so I need to find a new, good brown eyeliner. Worst eyeliner ever. Don't recommend it, buy a revlon eyeliner!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Terrible eyeliner. It not only smuged all over the place, when I went to sharpen it it snapped in half. And I used a $35 dollar sharpener. Huge waste of money.

on 8/27/2010 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This pencil has made my eyes itch. I notice it later on at night. It had never happened before. Hopefully maybelline will reimburse

on 8/25/2010 3:07:00 AM

I just started wearing makeup and I decided to buy this as my first eye liner. Badddd choicee! It smudges like craaaazy. It smudges under my eye, on my eyelid and sometimes not even near my eye. Oh! And when you sharpen it, it doesnt really sharpen it's like sharpening a color pencil. ):

on 8/20/2010 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

smudgy smudgy! this smudges like crazy and i dont even have oily lids or anything! it always gets below my eyes and fades.
Pros
Creamy application
spongy smudger
true color

cons
not long lasting at all
smudges quickly

on 8/19/2010 10:10:00 PM

I picked up two of these in sapphire and brown black randomly when they were on sale for $3.99 CAN. Overall, I really like these eyeliners. The staying power isn't the best, but it lasts longer than some of my other eye liners do, and it doesn't flake, even after a full day of wearing it. This doesn't irritate my eyes either (I wear contacts) which is a plus. I really like the smudge brush on the other end of the liner. I use it to smudge the liner after I put it on my lower lashes so that it's not as intense, and it works quite well for that. Overall, a decent eyeliner, and if you can find it on sale, I would definitely recommend it.

on 7/13/2010 6:48:00 PM

This eyeliner worked pretty well for me! And I usually don't have much luck with eyeliner. However, this one glided on pretty well and blended nicely. But it does fade throughout the day. The only thing I really don't like about it is that the smudging sponge isn't very good. My finger works MUCH better. But, I would recommend this!