October 1, 2014 | 1092 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Cremesheen Lipglass - Boy Bait

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like MAC's Boy Bait Cremesheen. It gives me a natural sheer nude pink colour to my lips and the gloss feels comfortable on my lips without being too sticky unlike MAC's other lip gloss products such as lip glass. Also contains a little bit of silvery shimmer which is barely noticeable. I wear it on its own to give my lips a little colour or sometimes over a nude lipstick such as MAC's Viva Glam Gaga 2 if I need a more opaque nude. Unfortunately, this product really costs a lot. Packaging gives the impression of a lot more product than it actually contains.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by lirial

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a pale, peachy-pink gloss without shimmer. The cremesheen formula is nice in that it is not sticky, it's slightly creamy, and offers a bit of shine without a high-gloss finish.

This is quite sheer, so works best as an enhancing gloss or finishing layer to a lined lip with a nude or pink lip color. I find that it makes my thin lips look a bit bigger, which is a plus.

I love pairing this with Myself or Viva Glam GaGa lipsticks to enhance their colors.

If you're looking for a highly pigmented lip gloss, this isn't a good pick. But if you're looking for a subtle gloss for wear on its own or a nice topping for a lip color, this is a really nice purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Boy Bait. It's one of my top go-to's when I can't decide what to wear.

The MAC Cremesheen lipglasses are my favorite lipglosses, I think... the formula is always so nice. They just glide on your lips, not too sticky, long lasting, amazing smell. Boy Bait is pretty sheer, it's a pinky nude and not all that pigmented. I like it for layering over pink or nude lipsticks, or even on its own it's nice. It's a good standard to have in your collection. Would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

I really really wanted to like this, and based on the reviews I thought I would love it. I thought it was a little too expensive, but I splurged anyway. It's not a bad lipgloss, just not quite what I was thinking. I was hoping it would be more opaque and nude, but it's actually almost the color of my lips and really appears to just enhance them, but nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I adore Cremesheen Glasses - if you're not familiar with them, they're very comfortable to wear, non-sticky, and they have the heavenly signature MAC scent. As for the Boy Bait shade - it's really a nude, and nothing more. It doesn't show up as any particular colour on my lips, just shine. I prefer the pinker Cremesheen Glasses, but a nude like this has its place in my stash as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

Boy Bait is a really lovely nude gloss. It works well on its own, and I love it layered over peachy-nude lipsticks, like MAC Marquise 'd. It has a great consistency, and the right amount of shine. However, I will not be repurchasing Boy Bait, or any other cremesheen glass for that matter. These are currently priced at $18.50 USD for 0.09 oz., making the price per ounce a whopping $205.56. In comparison, the price per oz of a regular MAC lip glass is $85.29 ($14.50 for .17 oz.) I find this to be a ridiculously poor value from a brand like MAC, and would much rather spend my money on something like a Chanel glossimer, which would have a price per oz. of $150.00 ($28.50 for .19 oz.) Disappointing, because I do really like Boy Bait - just not enough that I would be willing to spend that much money on so little product.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by LHartford

I use this and the shade Fashion Whim (which is a little lighter and more beige & opaque) interchangeably every single day. These glosses are just amazing. Makes healthy lips look healthier, plumper and moisturized. Never discontinue, MAC!
UPDATE: my MAC MUA just told me this shade was being discontinued. So disappointing. Buy backups now if you love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by ohtin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love MACs cremesheen glass! It's not as sticky as their tinted lipglass! I usually just wear this on its own! Recently though, I have applying this on top of my nude l/s(MAC Cherish) for more of a dramatic nude lip effect. I will definitely repurchase since it can go with so many looks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've consistently repurchased this since its release. Nice, creamy, moisturizing formula. Use over the top of just about any light shade. A favorite of mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by midorisour03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE BOY BAIT! It is my go-to lipglass! My lips are pretty pigmented by themselves and this helps to neutralize the color when I'm going to a more dramatic or colorful eye look. It's also great to wear for everyday and for the workplace! The only downside for me is the sponge applicator - I would prefer the brush. Other than that, one of my Mac must-haves.