Kerastase Nectar Thermique

Aqua/Water, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Potato Starch Modified, Behentrimonium Chloride, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Polyquaternium-4, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Trideceth-6, Citronellol, Xylose, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxycitronellal, Coumarin, Limonene, Cetrimonium Chloride, Royal Jelly/Royal Jelly Extract, Parfum/Fragrance

on 12/9/2012 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Makes my hair soft, arranged, heavy-falling without making it look dirty or weighing it down. And it provides heat protection from both hair-dryer and iron. I love it so much!

on 12/3/2012 1:30:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a good heat protectant and leaves my hair soft and silky, however i just can't get over the smell! It's pungent in a grandma's perfume kind of way. I only use a tiny amount applied to damp hair and while I love the results I don't enjoy the scent. The strong perfume in this, combined with the high price make me not want to repurchase.

on 11/19/2012 9:34:00 AM

I love this stuff! It makes my hair silky and smooth, and the smell is divine! However don't use too much product, because it will make your hair greasy. I only use it when I go out, because my hair gets greasy very fast.

on 9/26/2012 4:29:00 AM

I discovered the amazing effect of root crimping and went in search of a heat protector that would stop my baby fine hair being frazzled. My daughter recommended this as she has bleached, heat damaged hair and it completely changed the condition of her hair when nothing else did (we tried several other expensive brands). I have dark, fine, oily hair that needs washing everyday and is rather thin and flat. I have learnt how to use this product for my hair: I wash (still everyday) and do not condition. I put a penny/dime sized amount through my short bob being careful to distribute it evenly roots through to ends. Then I blow dry. No styling products needed! My hair is shiny, thicker, glossy, and well, rather gorgeous :-). I don't even need to use my Babyliss root boost crimpers any more as this product seems to gives my hair enough body. I have both Ciment and Nectar and love them both although Ciment is better for my hair type. If this product makes your hair greasy consider ditching the conditioner and other styling products as together they may weigh your hair down.

on 9/25/2012 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

that is actually a quite nice product. It is a nice leave in, it is supposed to give thermal protection. Nothing exceptional for me,much better than drugstore products, but nothing amazing on my hair, i find the chi silk infusion so much better and lasts so much more

on 9/22/2012 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm not normally one to spend a lot of money on hair products. There's simply too many crap products out there for me to keep buying and testing all of them. I heard of Kerastase years ago, but never even considered buying it because of the price. I thought it was all hype.

But now my hair has been so damaged from highlighting and heat styling (I'm Asian but my hair is so overprocessed that I practically have an afro now, I'm serious). I was getting desperate to find a heat protectant to shield against my blowdryer and flat iron. Chi Iron Guard made it crunchy and didn't seem to help against the heat. I tried other ranges of crappy heat protectants. So I decided to buy this with hesitation.

Wow. I dolloped this over my hair before blowdrying, and afterwards my hair felt normal again. I wouldn't say super silky soft normal (my hair's too damaged to ever be silky again) but just normal rather than feeling like dry cotton. I could definitely see the results working in this. I used it with my flat iron on high heat, and my hair also felt more like normal. You definitely get what you pay for with this. I just wish great products didn't have to be so expensive.

My hair is highlighted and toned and I felt compelled to buy the Chroma milk one at first. But this does not seem to be ruining my color, so I'll stick with this.

on 9/2/2012 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Talk about hair, I (used to) don't really care so much about my hair, as long as it is neat, it is good to go. What I mean by neat is because, my hair was straightened (or rebonded some of you might call it) many times! I think about 3-4 times I can't recall due to the fact that my original hair is a chaos. half part is this wavy weird textured hair, and the half down is not as wavy - more to somehow straight. So it is weird. Maybe you think it happened from the repetitious straightening that I've done, but no. That was my hair since I am a kid.

So just recently I feel the need to give more attention to my hair, I stopped permanent-straightening it, and I leave the original chaotic hair grow it self. But I still do need those neat straight hair sometimes, so I still sometimes flat-ironed my hair.
Compared to other styling products (most of the time I used spray ones), this is the bomb. Other products might give that straight look and heat tamers, but I still get fly-aways from it. And my hair feels dry afterwards but turns very greasy on the second day.
BUT NOT WITH THIS PRODUCT! Everytime I straightened my hair, I always get that naturally-straight looking hair, and less fly-aways. It lasts the whole day unline other prods, and I still get the same result even it is already the second day after washing and styling my hair.

The only downside of this is it is quite hard for me to find in here where I stay. And it is expensive! Though it is worth the money.
Definitely recommend this product.

on 8/14/2012 9:26:00 PM

This is a good product, don't get me wrong, but do I think it's worth paying $44? No. From reading all the reviews, I was expecting mind blowing results. Which, I didn't really get....but at the same time, this product didn't make my hair worse. To put it short, this product wasn't pheonmenal, but it wasn't terrible either. This product did make my hair shiny, soft, & smooth....but I've used many products that give me the exact same results, if not better & at a fraction of the cost. The smell of this kind of reminds me of a new car smell. This did also condition my hair to get rid of some of the dryness & this was virtually weightless in my hair. By no means is this a bad product, just not worth $44. For the results I got...I'll stick to the other products I use that do the same thing for cheaper. Maybe if your hair is pretty damaged you will notice a difference with using this, but if you have fairly healthy hair for the most part you will not notice a difference with using this. I think that's why this didn't work out as well for some people, (including myself).

I really like this product. I bought it because of of the great reviews I read and I was not disappointed.
I don't really have problematic hair. It's a little dry, no split ends, not too frizzy, down to my waist, thick. I like products that nourish my hair, and make it smooth, soft, and shiny. I bought this to use when I blow out my hair.
My routine:
1. I apply nectar thermique on my damp hair from roots to ends; followed by 1 pump of elixir ultime, from mid-length to ends.
2. Starting at the nape of my neck, I take a section of hair and blow it out with a metal round brush, curling my hair under.
3. When each section is dry and still warm from the blow dryer, I roll my hair under and secure it with a pin. I continue this method throughout the sides and back of my head.
4. When my hair has cooled, I remove the pins and brush my hair to smooth it out.
So silky, smooth, and soft. It lasts all day long. Get this and the serum to get perfect hair! :) I'll buy it again even though it's so expensive.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What I love about Kerastase: I use the Shampoo and Masque for Color Treated hair. I find using this shampoo, my dark color does not rinse out or fade. The masque keeps my hair feeling fabulous, protected from the sun and every so shiny. I prefer the Nectar Thermique for stying. I apply it first, then apply the Elixir Ultimat from the mid length to ends. Even though my hair is fine, this keeps it sleek and retains the shine. What I don't like is the expensive cost, but since I color my hair, I feel this is a good investment and the product is sized to last a reasonable about of time. What I don't like is the Kerastase website for customer service. There are so many problems using that website, spelling of their own products is inaccurate and it is hard to scroll to read about the products. For such a high end line, I expect better service when using a website. So that is very disappointing. If you want to find out anything about the product, you have to go to a salon and see a stylist that uses these products - so even more expensive if your stylist is not a Kerastase rep.

Top Rated Kerastase Products