December 21, 2014 | 1260 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Nectar Thermique

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by myrtoula12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

that is actually a quite nice product. It is a nice leave in, it is supposed to give thermal protection. Nothing exceptional for me,much better than drugstore products, but nothing amazing on my hair, i find the chi silk infusion so much better and lasts so much more

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not normally one to spend a lot of money on hair products. There's simply too many crap products out there for me to keep buying and testing all of them. I heard of Kerastase years ago, but never even considered buying it because of the price. I thought it was all hype.

But now my hair has been so damaged from highlighting and heat styling (I'm Asian but my hair is so overprocessed that I practically have an afro now, I'm serious). I was getting desperate to find a heat protectant to shield against my blowdryer and flat iron. Chi Iron Guard made it crunchy and didn't seem to help against the heat. I tried other ranges of crappy heat protectants. So I decided to buy this with hesitation.

Wow. I dolloped this over my hair before blowdrying, and afterwards my hair felt normal again. I wouldn't say super silky soft normal (my hair's too damaged to ever be silky again) but just normal rather than feeling like dry cotton. I could definitely see the results working in this. I used it with my flat iron on high heat, and my hair also felt more like normal. You definitely get what you pay for with this. I just wish great products didn't have to be so expensive.

My hair is highlighted and toned and I felt compelled to buy the Chroma milk one at first. But this does not seem to be ruining my color, so I'll stick with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by ciciomilo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

LOVE THIS!
Talk about hair, I (used to) don't really care so much about my hair, as long as it is neat, it is good to go. What I mean by neat is because, my hair was straightened (or rebonded some of you might call it) many times! I think about 3-4 times I can't recall due to the fact that my original hair is a chaos. half part is this wavy weird textured hair, and the half down is not as wavy - more to somehow straight. So it is weird. Maybe you think it happened from the repetitious straightening that I've done, but no. That was my hair since I am a kid.

So just recently I feel the need to give more attention to my hair, I stopped permanent-straightening it, and I leave the original chaotic hair grow it self. But I still do need those neat straight hair sometimes, so I still sometimes flat-ironed my hair.
Compared to other styling products (most of the time I used spray ones), this is the bomb. Other products might give that straight look and heat tamers, but I still get fly-aways from it. And my hair feels dry afterwards but turns very greasy on the second day.
BUT NOT WITH THIS PRODUCT! Everytime I straightened my hair, I always get that naturally-straight looking hair, and less fly-aways. It lasts the whole day unline other prods, and I still get the same result even it is already the second day after washing and styling my hair.

The only downside of this is it is quite hard for me to find in here where I stay. And it is expensive! Though it is worth the money.
Definitely recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This is a good product, don't get me wrong, but do I think it's worth paying $44? No. From reading all the reviews, I was expecting mind blowing results. Which, I didn't really get....but at the same time, this product didn't make my hair worse. To put it short, this product wasn't pheonmenal, but it wasn't terrible either. This product did make my hair shiny, soft, & smooth....but I've used many products that give me the exact same results, if not better & at a fraction of the cost. The smell of this kind of reminds me of a new car smell. This did also condition my hair to get rid of some of the dryness & this was virtually weightless in my hair. By no means is this a bad product, just not worth $44. For the results I got...I'll stick to the other products I use that do the same thing for cheaper. Maybe if your hair is pretty damaged you will notice a difference with using this, but if you have fairly healthy hair for the most part you will not notice a difference with using this. I think that's why this didn't work out as well for some people, (including myself).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I really like this product. I bought it because of of the great reviews I read and I was not disappointed.
I don't really have problematic hair. It's a little dry, no split ends, not too frizzy, down to my waist, thick. I like products that nourish my hair, and make it smooth, soft, and shiny. I bought this to use when I blow out my hair.
My routine:
1. I apply nectar thermique on my damp hair from roots to ends; followed by 1 pump of elixir ultime, from mid-length to ends.
2. Starting at the nape of my neck, I take a section of hair and blow it out with a metal round brush, curling my hair under.
3. When each section is dry and still warm from the blow dryer, I roll my hair under and secure it with a pin. I continue this method throughout the sides and back of my head.
4. When my hair has cooled, I remove the pins and brush my hair to smooth it out.
So silky, smooth, and soft. It lasts all day long. Get this and the serum to get perfect hair! :) I'll buy it again even though it's so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What I love about Kerastase: I use the Shampoo and Masque for Color Treated hair. I find using this shampoo, my dark color does not rinse out or fade. The masque keeps my hair feeling fabulous, protected from the sun and every so shiny. I prefer the Nectar Thermique for stying. I apply it first, then apply the Elixir Ultimat from the mid length to ends. Even though my hair is fine, this keeps it sleek and retains the shine. What I don't like is the expensive cost, but since I color my hair, I feel this is a good investment and the product is sized to last a reasonable about of time. What I don't like is the Kerastase website for customer service. There are so many problems using that website, spelling of their own products is inaccurate and it is hard to scroll to read about the products. For such a high end line, I expect better service when using a website. So that is very disappointing. If you want to find out anything about the product, you have to go to a salon and see a stylist that uses these products - so even more expensive if your stylist is not a Kerastase rep.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes I will buy it again, whatever the cost is. Because my hair is really bad. It is very fine, colored blonde, always dry and was permed years ago. It is dry and brittle, and quite long. I either leave it to air dry with the Aveda curly line, or when I go out somewhere I do use a curling iron. There is no other heat protectant that gave me a similar result, ever. I mean, my damaged hair really needs the BEST product and I really think for me this is. When I blow dry my hair, it doesn`t make a big difference, except that it does seal the cuticle so the drying time is a lot shorter! :-) After, comes the curling iron, I wrap my hair around it. My hair looks HEALTHY and SHINY, it is amazing because I know how damaged it is!!! Yes, it is very expensive, but I don`t care, you don`t need a ton of product, or any other product for curling irons, etc, maybe a bit of hairspray (Elnett satin) and your hair looks healthy and for damaged hair this worth every penny. :-)
PS: you can use this on dry hair, put the hot rollers in, and your hair becomes healthy, shiny, and the curls last longer. :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Iguanatan

Love it.

This product is not meant to be good for my fine, oily hair, and yet it works like a dream.

Love the scent too.

It is a little more pricey than I like, but a little does go a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by amoginie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG of hair products, I have bought it for years and still find it amazing. I have long, coarse wavy hair and it works wonders. I mainly use it for heat styling but it feels good as a leave in conditioner in dry or wet hair, too. I have tried other heat styling products which have only left my hair feeling sticky and not smooth. Yes, it is expensive but it is something I refuse to go without. It lasts ages - about 3/4 months and I have heaps of hair. And I like the smell, reminds me of the hairdressers. Would definitely recommend!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by lolawants

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product based on all the glowing reviews here and was excited to try it on my long, fine, wavy hair. I've tried to use it many times, in various ways (more product, less product, just on the ends, when hair is super wet, when just damp, etc.) but I never notice it doing anything special. If anything it seems to leave my hair looking a little dry? The smell is pretty strong but not awful to me. I don't know. Every once in a while I reach for Nectar Thermique just to try something different on my hair and to give it another chance, but then I will forget about it again for another month. It's just not great and doesn't make my hair look any better when I use it before I blow dry or air dry.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No