September 23, 2014 | 1711 users online

Hair - Kinky Curly - Knot Today leave-in conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by lls4f

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I get mine from Target. I am caucasian and have fine, thin, wavy hair. This is the perfect leave in for me because it gets rid of my tangles when I get them, provides a base for layering my other products, and most importantly doesn't weigh my hair down. I don't look for a super moisturizing leave in because that would leave my hair flat as a board. I do my super duper moisturizing in the shower with my rinse out and my occasional deep treatment. This is good for every day product layering. Helps keep my waves defined. The bottle lasts me about a year, too, so on a cost per use basis it's super cheap

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticated

When I'm depressed and haven't washed my hair in month I can always count on this to untangle my hair...but not my heart : )

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

My 3rd purchase from WF at $13, the results were..... As far as imparting moisture, slip and softness, it didn't work on me. It's full of slip ingredients but somehow doesn't seem to distribute it, even so I have sufficient natural slip, my hair is soft and I'm not prone to tangles.

I tried it as a leave-in and rinse-out. But both made my hair feel...'starchy', or less slippery after rinsing out or after using as a leave-in on damp or dry hair. By starchy I mean not exactly rough but not as soft/smooth as without this product. Only on drenched hair is the product VERY slippery on me. I tried the 'Kimmaytube' recipe, adding oils and aloe etc., but it was the same result and tedious to make and preserve.

I haven't found a condish I love (though blue malva herb is nice) so I use a pomade or butter to seal water into my hair. I WOULDN'T BUY AGAIN but do love the packaging! Slim, lightweight, easy press-top lid and pretty design. And think it's a great amount for the price because you can dilute this to no end and get the same effect as the concentrate. I diluted 50-90% and was amazed that it worked the same.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A waste of money. There was no slip, and I experienced no conditioning properties whatsoever. I'll stick with my As I Am leave in.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by scribe9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am quite a fan of the Kinky Curly Custard, so I was hopeful that this product would hold up to the same standards. Unfortunately, my hair hated this product. A little back round information about my hair and myself. I am biracial, my hair is a 3b, and hip length. This product has no slip, it does not detangle, and it does not condition. It leaves my hair dry and limp. Plus it does not play well with other products. I tried putting this product in before I added another product and I tried after then I tried just this product and nothing worked. It made other products not work as well in my hair. For how much this bottle costs I expected to get my moneys worth. I do not recommend buying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by ayreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is a milky leave-in detangler that has elevated my very curly, thick, African-American and Ashkenazi Jewish hair to its full potential. I've been using it for a few years now with the Curling Custard and it keeps my hair soft, bouyant, and moisturized. I was using protein-based products for ages and my hair was always brittle and frizzy. After trying the Kinky-Curly lines I realized that water-based is the way to go for my mixed-ethnicity hair type. The Kinky-Curly website gives application instructions that are a must-read. Love, love, love this product and swear by it as a great choice for all curly girls! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I was looking for a cheaper detangler than my absolute favorite, coveted UNITE 7 seconds condition... at $23 a pop that's not really budget-friendly... So I saw this at target for $11.99 and thought why not? I have colored & bleached frizzy and extremely tangle-prone 2C/3A hair. I used my normal sulfate free shampoo & conditioner and then followed up with this as a leave in on damp hair. It does not detangle *as* well as 7 seconds, but it does a better job than most, smells yummy (very light cherry fragrance), and it's all-natural. I will probably repurchase this. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Shantastic427

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Since I have been natural, I've switched out many products without ever repurchasing. I have repurchased this product numerous times. I think I have 4B/C hair (still don't get this typing thing) and it gets really dry, this helps a lot. I typically use this while my hair is still very wet and then put some shea butter (warmed in my hands) on my hair before sealing with coconut oil. I have tried other leave-in conditioners and this has worked the best for me. I do wish that a larger size was sold in retail locations (at this time you can get a 32oz online for $44).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by SammyXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Uhg no. This is a rubbish product. The smell is nice, fruity and tropical. But the product is useless. No matter what amount I used, whether on soaking wet, towel-dried, or dry hair, it made my hair dull, stiff, and frizzy. I found it had little slip and was difficult to distribute evenly. And the price is tantamount to highway robbery. There are much better products out there I think. Alba Botanica and Giovanni both do far superior leave-ins, IMO.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by MorganAiden

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yeahhhh, I don't know about this one. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. I returned it after one use. I have a few inches of 4c new growth and this really did nothing for me. For that price I was expecting to be more impressed, but meh...not so much. Now to detangle I mix Tressame naturals conditioner, Africa's Pride moisturizer, Giovanni's direct leave in and water in a spray bottle. It works wonders, roots detangle like a dream.