Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner

4.2

organic Mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

on 3/8/2013 9:42:00 AM

At first I loved this product! I recommended it to everyone with curly hair. But then I started having horrible breakouts on my forehead. My skin is not acne-prone and I had very clear skin my whole life...that is until I started using Kinky Curly. It did wonders for my hair but was horrible for my skin. I hope to find something else natural that doesn't make me break out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product. I love this product. I love this product!

My hair is fine and more kinky than curly. I use this as a leave in under the Kinky Curly Curling Custard (which I absolutely love for defining curls). This leave in is also great under other gels which usually tend to leave my hair feeling crunchy. When I use the knot today underneath the gel, my hair is softer and more touchable.

A bottle runs about $11.99. While it's not dirt cheap, one bottle lasts me for 2 months, and that's with me re-doing my hair 3 times a week. If there are days that my hair is feeling dry, I lightly mist (not spray) it with water and scrunch in about a quarter-sized amount of Knot Today into my hair which leaves it feeling very soft.

My hair doesn't tangle easily so I don't use it as a detangler.

on 2/19/2013 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My hair is fine and this detangles and moisturizes my curls with no buildup or greasy residue. Very lightweight, nice scent and a little goes a long way so the bottle will last. Good, but not wow

on 2/13/2013 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Really good. barely had to use my comb to detangle after I put his in.

on 1/3/2013 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this as a leave in conditioner. It is quite expensive but my very dry hair needs a conditoner, I use this with a hair cream and a sealant. I also use this product to refresh my styles and to set my hair over night. I love that it has few ingredients and a thick consistency. I think this product needs more than one try, If you dont like it the first or second time keep giving it a chance.

on 12/13/2012 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I get mine from Target. I am caucasian and have fine, thin, wavy hair. This is the perfect leave in for me because it gets rid of my tangles when I get them, provides a base for layering my other products, and most importantly doesn't weigh my hair down. I don't look for a super moisturizing leave in because that would leave my hair flat as a board. I do my super duper moisturizing in the shower with my rinse out and my occasional deep treatment. This is good for every day product layering. Helps keep my waves defined. The bottle lasts me about a year, too, so on a cost per use basis it's super cheap

on 11/29/2012 3:14:00 PM

When I'm depressed and haven't washed my hair in month I can always count on this to untangle my hair...but not my heart : )

on 11/17/2012 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My 3rd purchase from WF at $13, the results were..... As far as imparting moisture, slip and softness, it didn't work on me. It's full of slip ingredients but somehow doesn't seem to distribute it, even so I have sufficient natural slip, my hair is soft and I'm not prone to tangles.

I tried it as a leave-in and rinse-out. But both made my hair feel...'starchy', or less slippery after rinsing out or after using as a leave-in on damp or dry hair. By starchy I mean not exactly rough but not as soft/smooth as without this product. Only on drenched hair is the product VERY slippery on me. I tried the 'Kimmaytube' recipe, adding oils and aloe etc., but it was the same result and tedious to make and preserve.

I haven't found a condish I love (though blue malva herb is nice) so I use a pomade or butter to seal water into my hair. I WOULDN'T BUY AGAIN but do love the packaging! Slim, lightweight, easy press-top lid and pretty design. And think it's a great amount for the price because you can dilute this to no end and get the same effect as the concentrate. I diluted 50-90% and was amazed that it worked the same.

on 11/12/2012 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

A waste of money. There was no slip, and I experienced no conditioning properties whatsoever. I'll stick with my As I Am leave in.

on 11/6/2012 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am quite a fan of the Kinky Curly Custard, so I was hopeful that this product would hold up to the same standards. Unfortunately, my hair hated this product. A little back round information about my hair and myself. I am biracial, my hair is a 3b, and hip length. This product has no slip, it does not detangle, and it does not condition. It leaves my hair dry and limp. Plus it does not play well with other products. I tried putting this product in before I added another product and I tried after then I tried just this product and nothing worked. It made other products not work as well in my hair. For how much this bottle costs I expected to get my moneys worth. I do not recommend buying this product.

Popular Hair Products