November 22, 2014 | 1860 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by missyjac

This pen is good in the beginning, cheap and easy to use. But after some time, i found difficulty in applying the liner on my lids as there would be a faint line/gaps/cracking. I'd have to use a seperate liner to fill in the gaps.

Staying power is okay, though. I go to the gym, sweat it out and the liner stays put mostly.

But due to the faint lines, i may not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by wish71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So bad. Went on so transparently you could barely see the line (black brown), so had to go over it three times. Ran on to my lid within half an hour. Tried it with and without primer. No difference in colour payoff or durability. Returned for Stila liquid pen which has great colour payoff and lasts a long time. All day and all night with primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have no idea why this has such bad reviews, but I'm glad I (for once) didn't check the rating before buying this! I love this one! I've used a lot of the pens over the years, including the PF Eye Booster marker, the L'oreal colour intense felt tip, the NYX big fat marker, the cover girl pen...and this one is easily the best.

This is a marker you truly have maneuverability and control over. I feel like I can just draw on my eyelid with no issues. You don't have to be SO careful with this one to avoid smudges like most. I get a nice smooth line, close to my lashes, and a damn near perfect wing every time. You can adjust the thickness of your line however you like; the tapered pen tip ends in a fine point but is versatile depending on what you want to do.

The formula is well-pigmented. I have it in black, and I think there is a blackest black version that was sold out when I went to buy it, but the black is totally fine for color and doesn't turn out gray. Nice and dark and not totally matte.

This stuff doesn't smudge, smear or fade away either. It's not waterproof but it's pretty damn budgeproof, and lasts until you wash it off basically. Last night I was working an outdoor event for work and was outside in 102 degree heat with 32% humidity for four hours, sweating quite a bit and this looked just as good when I got home as it did when I left.

My only minor issue is that it has a slightly odd smell while it's still wet. But it dries so fast and is otherwise so great that I don't care. HG liquid liner pen right here!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Iriana74

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite liquid liner, so easy to apply, so pigmented and so resistant. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Yogigirl6187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't get why this product has such bad reviews. My packaging looks slightly different, idk if mine is older or newer because the last time I purchased it was probably the end of last year. This stuff is SO pigmented. It is very black and glides on so easily. It does not smudge and I have extremely oily eyelids. It is also easy to apply

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was very excited to try this product and had been eyeing it for a LONG time, I just hate buying eye products but this month through recieving makeup to review in the mail, friends/gifts and the one I bought in the beginning of july I now have 6. I am happy I didn't read the reviews before I purchased because I actually really like it. It isn't my best so I didn't give it a four but it is in the top few of my liquid liners. It is very fluid and is not dry at all. It has an even application and is realllllly easy to apply. It also dries fast so if i blink it doesnt get all over my eyelid like some of my other liquid liners. The lasting power is pretty good too. It doesnt fade or flake away. I am glad to have this product in my collection and I would most likely repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by x0nida0x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this product seems to work just fine for me... i agree the line is slightly faint but it is quite visible and clearly black... just not screaming jet black. application could not be easier, it's just like drawing on your eye with a marker! it dries fast enough for me and i've had my pen for a year. i use it about once a month but that's just because i only put on eyeliner occasionally. however i wouldn't repurchase only because i want to try something new!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by payjark

This is a big $10 rip off! The pen applies so unevenly and faint. It doesn't stay on at all and you have to almost gouge your eyes out just to show any color! I'm going to return this to Target ASAP because I have bought way better liquid liners at the DS

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by wonderlandnails

I love pen style liquid liners, I prefer a marker style or a brush like tip. This one has a marker style tip which works really well. I have the black one and I find it to be really opaque, it isn't the blackest liner around but it works well for me. I have been using this almost daily for the last 6 months and it is just now starting to run out. It goes on really smoothly, it is very easy to get a thin or thick line with this one and it last all day long. Like does not budge till I remove it, it doesn't smear or run under my eyes either. I have not irritation with this either and I am a contact wearer so that is saying something! I do wish the tip was bit thinner because I don't like a really thick line near my inner corner but if I am careful I can usually get a pretty thin line. Overall I really like this one and I would repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by MellyRocker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love liquid liners cuz they don't fade like my pencils do.
It was my first pen-maker-liner. It's not as striking as I thought it would be as far as color intensity, but it's sufficient. I'm no good at applying liner on my top lids in general; needless to say sometimes the maker skips at the top of the line [hard to explain] and doesn't leave a clean finish, but it's fixable and workable.
Overall it's pretty good, if not a liiiiiiiittle more expensive than I'd like to spend on a liner. [I got it for $8.] It lasts as long as I think any liner would [without being primed first].