Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5, Green 5, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 3/24/2013 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral

Update - always looking for new ways to use the products. Yesterday and today, I put the cream all over, massaged it in and left it for 3 minutes. I was tingly and felt great, then I put a little tea tree oil cleanser on my mia and cleaned my face. Pat dry and applied Aczone. I don't know if that's the trick but I've noticed the shine has not come up and it's been 30 mins. For me, that's a record. The redness of my blemishes is also diminished.

Use time before review - 1 week

I wanted a non foaming cleanser to use with my Mia2. This was on sale for $7 at SDM. Considering the size of the tube, this was a great deal. I also like the 2% SA content.

It's not quite what I expected because it doesn't wash off as cleanly as I'd like. Maybe it's the moisturizing element but I don't really like it. It also leaves traces of makeup behind.

I do like the product though and have amended my original intended use.

What I do now in the PM, is to continue to use the Mia2 with a Dr. B soap (tea tree or pepermint) or Phisoderm, rinse, apply the Power Cream Wash and masssage it in, leave for a minute, rinse, then use my hands for another go round with Dr. B to get rid of the residue.

I'm not ruling it out of my arsenal forever when it's done, but I would try other things before deciding on the re-buy which is why I gave it a "yes" to the re-buy question.

on 2/24/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite morning cleanser. It is not drying and has 2% SA which helps to control my oil. The scent is light and I don't mind it.I can't say much on how helpful it is with acne as I use a 2.5% BP gel as my main acne treatment and mainly bought this to help with oil.

on 2/20/2013 5:05:00 AM

This is my favorite cleanser. I always stray to other neutrogena or clean & clear cleansers (because I love the citrusy scent of some of the others) but I always come back to this. I am 23 and still get the occasional breakout. I am also combo-oily with a lot of my oil concentrated in the t zone. I use this cleanser twice a day, followed by the AcneFree Sensitive line alcohol free toner and a spot treatment.

This cleanser works well to clear my skin and keeps it clear. I'm not sure which ingredient in this cleanser makes it work better than the other neutrogena cleansers I have tried, maybe its nothing special, but I have noticed my face considerably clearer when using this product. I have also noticed that my dark spots from previous acne become a lot less noticeable when using this product. I have tried Proactiv, AcneFree, Vichy, Clean & Clear, etc. with no luck. I have repurchased this several times now and will continue to do so.

on 2/4/2013 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have always felt that skin has been "congested"... I tried washes with .5% salicylic, and astringents with 1% salicylic acid in the past that have worked OK, though I have always a few cystic pimples on my face at all times. However, once I started using this wash twice daily I noticed VAST improvements. I pair this with a moisturizer that has .5% salicylic acid that I use at night (I think it's Clean & Clear) and regular moisturizer with sun screen in the morning, and could not be happier with the results. I see and feel that my pores are now clear.

some people seem to find the 2% acid too harsh for their skins. I have oily skin with a history of cystic acne, and this worked wonders for me.

on 1/21/2013 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this thinking that it would help with some of the stress pimples i was getting since i was breaking out some before exam week. While it didn't break me out, i also didn't see any improvement what so ever with my break outs.

on 12/30/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

From the Acne Stress Control line, this and the 3-in-1 spot treatment are the shining stars.
Pros: nice scent, contains 2% salicylic acid, non-foaming, non-drying, tidy package, good price and easy to find. Feels soothing.
Cons: contains dyes and fragrances.

Definitely recommended to anyone who can tolerate fragrances and has normal or dry acne prone skin. I had to switch to fragrance free stuff, but I used to use this every few days.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I like how this cleanser makes my skin not feel dried out but still feel clean. however this product didn't improve my skin and I still broke out while using this product (although I'm pretty sure this specific product wasn't the cause). overall, this is nothing amazing and I wouldn't purchase again

on 12/20/2012 4:45:00 AM

I have been trying all sorts of products to clear the blackheads and clogged pores on my nose and chin. I decided to give this a try when I saw it at the drug store because it was inexpensive and I figured I had nothing to lose. LET ME TELL YOU it completely cleared the pores on my nose & chin within the 3rd day of use. In 2 days it also got rid of a cystic pimple that was erupting on my left cheek. I didn't expect much from this product, because overall Neutrogena products have never done anything for my skin. However, this product really gave me impressive results. I used the cream cleanser in combination with the OIL-FREE ACNE STRESS CONTROL Triple Action Toner. I am writing this in hopes that it can help someone else who has frequent breakouts like me. This product did amazing things for my skin; I really hope it can help another gal out there who is struggling with her skin :)

on 11/28/2012 1:26:00 PM

I like the product! it's not my favorite cleanser I've ever used.... but it's okay! I REALLY love the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Scrub and I feel the cleanser is a nice pair.

on 11/26/2012 6:42:00 PM

I have been using this product for about two months now and I love the way it leaves my skin feeling so incredibly smooth and soft, and moisturised! (of course I moisturise after anyway). I usually have pretty clear skin, but I normally break out around my chin, but I am slowly noticing my skin is looking so much happier and healthier since using this product!