Smashbox Bronze Lights - Sunkissed Matte

4.2

Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, nylon-12, lauroyl lysine, dimethicone, methicone, moringa pterygosperma seed extract, water, butylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, isopentyldiol, phenoxyethanol, may contain: iron oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium dioxide (CI 77891)

on 4/23/2010 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

So dissapointed with this bronzer!!!! I have the Mac bronzer in refined golden and its so much better. I really wanted to like this bronzer due to the fact I like Smashbox. I just wanted to try a different bronzer thats why I purchased the Smashbox one. It's too blah for me. I don't mind that it doesn't have a sparkle like most...but it looks darker and more impressive in the can. I would imagine it would flatter lighter skin tones more than medium to darker ones. Im an NC 40 for reference. Definately will not repurchase!!!!!!

Edit....I bought this in Suntan Matte.

on 2/4/2010 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this because I was tired of shimmer bronzers, and though this would be a good solution. Unfortunately its too flat to be at all flattering, even as a contouring agent. i will not repurchase.

on 1/21/2010 11:25:00 AM

I was looking for a non-sparkle bronzer that is not too dark or dusty looking for my light Asian skin. Just happened to come across with this product, normally I don't have a lot of luck with Smashbox's mu. But I absolutely love the Sunkissed Matte (lighter) version of this bronzer. There's enough warmess in this bronzer that is not over-powering at all, when even the all time favorite NARS Laguna looks too dark and dusty to me. This bronzer is just perfect when I can still wear my normal blush on top. When this is worn alone, it is perfect for a complete nude look. Also checked the toxicity rating on the Skin Deep website, the Suntan Matte (darker version) has a rating of 4, which I assume Sunkissed Matte should have or something close to a 4 rating as well, which I can totally accept. My goal is to not use any mu or skincare products over 5. Would highly recommend this and will buy again.

Staple in my makeup bag. Smooth, long-lasting, & perfect color minus all the glitter that comes in other bronzers, creating a natural look.

on 12/19/2009 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

It is hard to find a good matte bronzer, and I'm glad I found this online ( I use Suntan Matte). I loved the MAC matte bronze but it clogged up my pores :(
This one is a find for me and goes on beautifully smooth on my fair-light skintone. Also the bronze tone is great, it is a true tone bronze/tan, not to red-peachy-orange or muddy looking.
I use it most for contouring, but I have use it all over for a tan look. Stays on great, does maybe oxidize abit at the end of the day, but most stuff does that on my face. Yes, it is maybe expensive, but you only need a small amout at time, so mine is going to last forever.

on 9/20/2009 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

my go-to matte bronzer.

on 9/18/2009 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm surprised at the great reviews for this. I think it looks sooo dark and sooo fake. It also looks VERY powdery. Yuck. I'm going back to my Bare Minerals faux tan bronzer...so much more natural looking.

on 9/8/2009 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

A great product! I have it in the Suntan Matte color (for reference, Im a MAC NC40/42) I like the fact that it is a matte bronzer because my skin tends to be combination/oily skin and I did not want a bronzer that had any shimmer in it because shimmer makes oily skin look even more oily! It goes on very silky smooth and super blendable. It does not oxidize and turn darker as it sits on my skin and it doesnt turn orange or muddy either. Love it! I purchased it from Sephora for $28.00 which is a little steep for a bronzer but you get a good amount which should last you a year if not forever! I would def. repurchase again.

on 9/8/2009 3:50:00 PM

I got this as a duo in the masterclass set. Haven't really used it so much. But the thing I like about it is it's the first bronzer I have used that has no shimmer or glitter in it so that's good, and also it is very matte, it gives quite a convincing dark sand colour with no orange tones (yay!) so it's definetly a bonus for light skin tones. I shall see how I get on with this and report back.

on 9/4/2009 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have to say, I'm very impressed with this product. It has a nice tan color, but it's not orange or glittery like many bronzers. It's completely matte and natural-looking. I love using it to contour my face. I generally apply it on my cheekbones, on my temples, the sides of my chin, my forehead, and right down the middle of my nose. The price is pretty steep, but the product lasts for a long time! I'll definitely repurchase.

Popular Bronzers