April 19, 2014 | 851 users online

Bronzers - Smashbox - Bronze Lights - Sunkissed Matte

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Rachulll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I was tired of shimmer bronzers, and though this would be a good solution. Unfortunately its too flat to be at all flattering, even as a contouring agent. i will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by yunnyunn

I was looking for a non-sparkle bronzer that is not too dark or dusty looking for my light Asian skin. Just happened to come across with this product, normally I don't have a lot of luck with Smashbox's mu. But I absolutely love the Sunkissed Matte (lighter) version of this bronzer. There's enough warmess in this bronzer that is not over-powering at all, when even the all time favorite NARS Laguna looks too dark and dusty to me. This bronzer is just perfect when I can still wear my normal blush on top. When this is worn alone, it is perfect for a complete nude look. Also checked the toxicity rating on the Skin Deep website, the Suntan Matte (darker version) has a rating of 4, which I assume Sunkissed Matte should have or something close to a 4 rating as well, which I can totally accept. My goal is to not use any mu or skincare products over 5. Would highly recommend this and will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MustangMamacita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Staple in my makeup bag. Smooth, long-lasting, & perfect color minus all the glitter that comes in other bronzers, creating a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It is hard to find a good matte bronzer, and I'm glad I found this online ( I use Suntan Matte). I loved the MAC matte bronze but it clogged up my pores :(
This one is a find for me and goes on beautifully smooth on my fair-light skintone. Also the bronze tone is great, it is a true tone bronze/tan, not to red-peachy-orange or muddy looking.
I use it most for contouring, but I have use it all over for a tan look. Stays on great, does maybe oxidize abit at the end of the day, but most stuff does that on my face. Yes, it is maybe expensive, but you only need a small amout at time, so mine is going to last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

my go-to matte bronzer.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by curlygirl11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at the great reviews for this. I think it looks sooo dark and sooo fake. It also looks VERY powdery. Yuck. I'm going back to my Bare Minerals faux tan bronzer...so much more natural looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by lindalovexo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great product! I have it in the Suntan Matte color (for reference, Im a MAC NC40/42) I like the fact that it is a matte bronzer because my skin tends to be combination/oily skin and I did not want a bronzer that had any shimmer in it because shimmer makes oily skin look even more oily! It goes on very silky smooth and super blendable. It does not oxidize and turn darker as it sits on my skin and it doesnt turn orange or muddy either. Love it! I purchased it from Sephora for $28.00 which is a little steep for a bronzer but you get a good amount which should last you a year if not forever! I would def. repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Bexicle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a duo in the masterclass set. Haven't really used it so much. But the thing I like about it is it's the first bronzer I have used that has no shimmer or glitter in it so that's good, and also it is very matte, it gives quite a convincing dark sand colour with no orange tones (yay!) so it's definetly a bonus for light skin tones. I shall see how I get on with this and report back.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by EmmaJohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say, I'm very impressed with this product. It has a nice tan color, but it's not orange or glittery like many bronzers. It's completely matte and natural-looking. I love using it to contour my face. I generally apply it on my cheekbones, on my temples, the sides of my chin, my forehead, and right down the middle of my nose. The price is pretty steep, but the product lasts for a long time! I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i would definitely buy this product again...if i ever dare to pay so much. it's stupid, i know, i just bought an anastasia eyebrow pencil that costed just a little bit less but still. it's an ouchy price if you ask me.
howeverrrr...the bronzer is great. i think it's the same texture and relatively the same color with Benefit's hoola only this one has much more cocoa pigment than Hoola, which looks a bit orangy compared to this one.
This bronzer is exactly like Chanel's bronzer, any shade, since it is chocolate-like, very pigmented and soft. doesn't break me out either, yapeee! not that i ever break out, but still, i've seen this is an issue among the ladies here. so i'm kinda wondering if it's ever gonna happen to me.
the packaging is super hype, looks like a jar and i love the metallic screw....plus the logo on the transparent lid is also very chic. looks like Cargo's style a bit but who cares about the packaging, right.
and i've noticed someone saying this bronzer is exactly like Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess- no it is not. EL's bronzer is VERY orangy compared to this one, which is more towards cafe-au-lait- slight chocolate-ish undertones, more towards the natural pigment of the skin-pinkish, not carrot-ish. and even if Bronze Goddess comes with a mirror and a brush, when have any of you girls used the brush of a bronzer? i personally don't do it and i've heard a lot of girls saying they throw it away immediately....maybe keep it if it has a sassy logo embossed on it and you don't want to leave an empty case over there. anyways.
so yes, i recommend this bronzer. I have the one in Suntan and i love it, it's light enough not to make you look muddy but dark enough to do what it says it does.
does it have an SPF? haven't seen this on the box so it might not have...unfortunately.
all in all, it is a very good product, i think it's a bit more expensive than Hoola but still, it's worth all the money. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed (do i sound like a commercial?).