Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

3.8

Skin Foundation SPF 15 – (Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% and Titanium Dioxide 1.00%) Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Silica, Magnesim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 5/28/2014 10:29:00 AM

I really like this foundation and don't understand why it has so many negative reviews. I was looking for a foundation that would cover up my uneven skin tone and any redness and this is exactly what this foundation does. While it does a great job of evening out any discoloration, the product doesn't cover up acne/major bumps very well so if that is what you are seeking then I would look for a different product.

I use the shade Warm Beige 3.5 and it matches my skin color exactly. I use about 2 pumps of this foundation over the Benefit Porefessional face primer using the Sigma Flat top Kabuki brush to buff it in and it gives me a very natural and flawless finish. I get many compliments on my skin when I use this and I think that is because it looks so natural and pretty. The foundation is a bit runny but I like that because it allows me to move the product over my skin easily. It definitely takes a bit more time to get it properly buffed into the skin but the final result makes it worth it. I use a setting powder over the foundation which results in everything staying place all day.

What I love about this product is that the color stays true until the very end of the day. With other foundations I had a re-occuring problem of the foundation oxidizing on my face and turning a slightly orange color which I really could not stand. Another great thing about this foundation is that it has SPF 15, I'm always looking for products that will help protect my skin so that is just another added bonus.

on 5/22/2014 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Watery, thin, zero coverage, and not as great for dry skin as you might suspect. This sums up Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. I've had many BB Creams that are thicker with far better coverage. The colors selection is great, and the pump bottle is nice, but that's about it. I would not market this as a foundation. It's just too thin. It covers nothing. It will sit in pores, and dries weird on dry patches. Tinted moisturizer... yes. Foundation? I think not. It does smell far better than BBs Longwear foundation if that counts for anything.

on 4/30/2014 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this foundation! It is absolutely the best I've ever used for my dry combo skin. I use it in Warm Sand 2.5 and it's the perfect match for me and doesn't feel cakey at all, but makes my skin really soft and stays on all day, even without using a primer.

on 4/28/2014 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

The only reason I like this product is it's a great match for my skintone. I use the lightest shade and it's great for a color match, one of the few I've found. The texture is very watery and I have to do a lot of blending in order to make it look not streaky. I would not be able to wear this foundation without a brush or sponge in hand to blend unlike other foundations.

I took away two lippies because it has zero staying power and it's effect on my face is gone by 2pm. I also must use a setting powder on it or else is rubs off (clothing, if I scratch or rub my face). I felt Maybelline's Fit was a better foundation than this one.

on 4/15/2014 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25, 2.5 Warm Sand is a good match, acne scars and discolorations to cover.

For the level of coverage I need, this works like a tinted moisturizer. It evens out my redness and looks like my skin... that said, I would prefer a 'foundation' to make me flawless looking.

Dimethicone breaks me out if worn long enough, so I won't be adding this into my stash.

on 3/25/2014 4:13:00 PM

Bought this after the oil-free even finish foundation spf15 was discontinued. Loved that foundation and the sales lady said this was similar. However, I think the oil-free version had a greater coverage and was more "dry" on the skin. This foundation seems to be a bit more moisturizing and thin. It feels really light and nice on the skin, great for an everyday foundation to even out skin tone and cover minor blemishes. However, I usually use a BB cream daily and when I do use a foundation, want a heavier coverage to cover my acne scars. Even though I do have yellow undertones in my skin, some shades of this foundation seem to run really yellow and could potentially make skin more sallow.

on 3/23/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Before this, I was using a Givenchy foundation that I really liked at first, but it started turning orange-y after I applied it. I had tried this Bobbi foundation a year or so ago and loved it, so I just went back to it, and I love it even more this time. Yes, its very thin, but I do find that it evens out my skin tone flawlessly and gives me a dewy (without looking oily) finish. For an extra dose of glow, I mix a pump with a tiny bit of Buxom's Divine Goddess Luminizer and apply with a damp BeautyBlender sponge. My skin looks perfect and healthy. The takeaway: I'll stick with this foundation, for sure.

on 3/3/2014 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

NC44, I use #6 Golden.
The ONLY foundation that is yellow enough for me. Gives a light, natural coverage. When I use this, people just say ''you look airbrushed'' or just ''healthy''. This is pricey, but the only color match I've ever found. It could be more long wearing, but it has never claimed to be a long wearing foundation. Moisturizing on my dry skin. The bottle is made of thick glass and it comes with a pump.

I will repurchase. HG.

on 2/25/2014 4:01:00 PM

The consistency is very watery, light weight. It gives a light slightly medium dewy coverage that evens out your skin tone. Works great with dry skin. The packaging is very substantial, a glass pump bottle, very sturdy.

For reference i am a NC25 and wear a 3.5 warm beige.

I really enjoy this product. I have very oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin. This delivers a medium coverage to the skin that looks natural. I do get oily throughout the day with this foundation, but I love the way that it looks on my skin even at the end of the day. This foundation has not broke me out since I have been wearing it. It literally looks like your skin.. but more even and enhanced!

Bobbi Brown provides a great shade range for those who are very fair, as well. I bought this foundation at my local CCO, so if you are looking for a discounted price, I would browse through a CCO in your area.

I would definately re-purchase this as it is a staple in my makeup collection!