November 22, 2014 | 1624 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

First impressions BB SF in #2 Sand:
I've been wearing this foundation for the past three days and I am happy to say that I am liking this foundation a lot and that it could be, for the first time ever, my HG. I have oily skin with large pores and cystic acne, pimples from time to time, acne and other type of scarring.
APPLICATION: this foundation applies very sheer, so you need to layer to achieve a better coverage of reddish or more blemished parts. I use a concealer prior applying the foundation for acne/red bits. The best way to apply it is with a standard foundation brush or a kabuki-like brush (I've been using a standard paddle foundation brush (generic & RT), face expert brush RT and Bdellium 957).
OIL CONTROL: there is no oil control. When I first wore this foundation I was really oily after just two hours and it become worse and worse as time passed. The next day I used my two new creams I got for Christmas and set it with a mattifying pressed powder. I must say, the oil control was perfect. I didn't look oily, but dewy and natural, by the end of the day, slightly oily.
PIECE OF ADVICE: for those with oily skin, you may try this. I worked for me. After cleansing my face I applied Sans Soucis Aqua Clear Skin moisturizer. After it sank in, I applied a silicon primer (Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost or Garnier 5 seconds - both worked the same) sparingly (I don't like silicons). After that, I applied MAC Pro Longwear concealer and then this foundation, and then set it all with HD powder and Sexy Mama setting powder. This really did improve the lack of oil control a lot! Curently the weather is rather dry (no sun, 15 Celsius, no rain) and I 6 h of wear time and no oil, no blotting, nothing! I'm utterly impressed! I think I could have gone with 8 hrs. It did fade slightly around my nose, but that may be due using hankies.
FINISH: I like how this foundation minimizes the pore appearance, and looks so natural on skin.
WEAR TIME: It is a long wearing foundation as long as you set it with a powder and not layer it but leave it with a sheer or medium coverage. It does fade with time, but I got 10 hr of wear time (I didn't look silly after 10 hrs!) and it could go up to 12 hr. And the fading isn't too noticeable. If you touch up with a powder and a blush (after 7 hrs), you should be fine. For me this is the most long wearing foundation I have tried.
YOU SHOULD NOTE: it has sheer to medium coverage, has no oil control (use a primer & mattifying powder), is longwearing (as long as you use a primer, a non oily moisturizer and set it with powder), blemished skin needs concealer, natural coverage, easy to apply, goes on sheer, needs to be layered, you use more than one pump to cover whole face, is water based, fills the pores and makes a really nice finish

FOUNDATIONS THAT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME:
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B10 - after 2 hrs it starts to break and fade, after 5 hrs I have to reapply it. No oil control, is visible around the nose, applies very nice and looks natural. Has more coverage than BB. Horrible. And it was dry weather, 10-15 Celsius!!
- Chanel Perfection Lumiere B10 - applies matte, but after 1.5h looks semi matte. Not longwearing (max 5 hr), no oil control (which is kind of shocking). Since it dries matte, you don't feel like you need a setting powder.
- MUFE HD 120 - currently it is too dark for my skin tone, but I love this foundation as well. It has no oil control, but I assume I could try with the SS moisturizer and TF P&P or BS Vit. C primer. Long wearing and photographs beautifully. Comparable to BB's SF, but with more coverage.
- Guerlain Parure Extreme 02 - wrong color - no color match (they don't carry 01 or 31).
- MAC Matchmaster 1.5 - too orange. I remember it having a great oil control, but I haven't worn it since end of summer so I don't remember the wear time. It has a semi matte finish, medium coverage. A nice foundation.
- Illamasqua Skin Base SB06 - horrible lasting power/wear time. No oil control. It looks patchy and horrible after 4 hrs of wear time. You need more time to blend but it is better when in conjunction with their matte primer. I am surprised by its low performance since almost every blogger is happy with this foundation. The fading of I-SB is different than the one of C-VLA. I-SB looks like it's being lifted from the surface of your face because of oil. I hate this foundation, at least C-VLA I like.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by fighterjoel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just love this foundation! Never have i found another perfect match of colour! Everytime I wear this foundation, people compliment me on my skin rather than saying makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG HG HG!!! Love love this foundation it does look naturall. Just great. But this has really sheer coverage so if you're onto something provides more coverage, this is not for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

The Bobbi Brown SA tried this on me when I was shopping and wow -I'm impressed. This looks beautiful. I wear this in "Beige" which matches me perfectly - my skin is NC25 in MAC, very very yellow/olive and I find Bobbi Brown foundations to be the best matches colour-wise for my skin (and of course, MAC as well!). She gave me a large sample and I ended up coming back 2 weeks later for the bottle.

I don't need much coverage since my skin has cleared (thank you BHA) and usually don't wear any foundation at all. But I do like a tinted moisturiser or something light for work and going out just to look more polished. This glides on, super silky and sets to a nice satin-matte natural finish. The coverage is light to medium and can be sheered out, or built up with no issues, and doesn't look caked on. I use a light dusting of Lancome or MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in medium to set. I have no problems with transfer or greasiness and apply this over my moisturiser and sometimes L'oreal Magic Lumi Light-Infusing Primer. But whether I use primer or not I love the finish and it doesn't dry out my skin (sometimes my skin feels drier in some spots as the day goes on, oilier in others). I apply this in the morning at about 7am before work and blot once in the late afternoon (2-3pm, but my skin is not very oily, if you have oily skin you may want a more matte foundation or use powder throughout the day). When I touch my skin with this stuff on, it just feels like normal skin, no stickiness or tacky feel.

Overall - love it. Very natural finish, perfect yellow undertones, silky, blendable, buildable and looks good on my skin all day. I think this is perfect for combo skin, it doesn't cling to drier areas or look greasy either. Highly recommend - as always, ask for a sample first to see if it's a fit for you!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Bobbi's colors are the best, and this is the ONLY reason I'm giving this two stars. This is very thin and light, covers fine. However, it slips and slides all over the place, and will not stay put. My cell phone screen was coated in foundation and utterly disgusting. I returned this one. I was a die-hard BB foundation girl, but no more. Colors can't be beat, but current formulations are terrible. I'm using Revlon Colorstay now and couldn't be happier! (Revlon Sand Beige is nearly identical to BB Beige 3 AND stays on my face.)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by hollyando

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used MAC Mineralize Satinfinish since it came out (NC15) and got a tester of this in Alabaster. I absolutely loved it, goes on brilliantly. I'm a bit oily and need a primer, this doesn't work for me with benefit's 15 hour primer as it goes dry and caked on but with No7 airbrush away or without any primer it goes on perfectly and stays on. This is definitely the best bobbi brown if you have slightly oily skin and a perfect replacement for the MAC Mineralize. I wouldn't be able to say if it's better but it seems to leave my skin a lot nicer and the colour match is a lot closer, it's perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation was a good color match for me (NC15-20) and had a lovely finish. However, I found this foundation to emphasize any flakes on my face, and not last very long, even with a setting powder. The liquid is quite thin and blends easily. It provides light coverage with a slightly dewy finish. I don't think this would be good for oily skin or dry skin however, it would be more suited to someone who wants to upgrade from a tinted moisturizer. The price is too high for my level of satisfaction, and I will not be repurchasing. I like that it has a pump, but it seems that the glass is either lined with a matching color or the foundation really sticks to it, because even when I was running out after about 6 months, the bottle looked completely full. I actually like to see where I am with a product so I know if I need to repurchase or start researching an alternative.

If you want light coverage with a natural finish and have normal skin, then this might be a good option for you. If you have skin issues, be it acne or dry skin, I would not recommend this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by noriander

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am not sure why ladies are not saying anything about this foundation rubbing off on clothes.
i was so so embarassed while on a flight from JHB to Cape Town to realise that my white shirt, the color had changed colour to brown due this make up rubbing off on my clothes. its so expensive and i keep thinking they will change the formula somehow.
i am very disappointed with BB on this. i will not buy it again. dont get me wrong , the coverage is great and people have complemented me, only for the first two hours. after two hrs my skin looks so greasy.
i wish Bobbi actually takes these reviews into account.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never really paid attention to this foundation because I always got the impression it was only for those who wanted the most natural look. Well, after looking through reviews, I realized that this did not necessarily mean the coverage couldn't be built up -- because it can. And then after trying the product, I realized that just because you can get adequate coverage doesn't mean you won't run into other problems -- because I did.

I'm NC20-25, very yellow. I picked up 2.5 warm sand. It is a good enough match. I feel like I've read that this shade is for NC25, but I'm lighter than NC25 and I can wear it fine. The only thing is that this shade is not yellow enough for me, but nothing ever is.

The consistency of this foundation is on the runny side and it blends very easily. While I did find it to be moisturizing, it definitely accentuated all my dry patches, which I did not expect. Also, the finish was rather disappointing. I'm not talking about whether it is dewy or matte (it is dewy), but in terms of how smooth and/or flawless my skin looked. Needless to say, it didn't look smooth or flawless. The foundation excelled at sinking into my pores and emphasizing all of my acne scars (the actual depressions, not hyperpigmentation). The latter issue was especially disappointing, as I've never really come across a foundation that was so unflattering when it came to my skin's textural issues. I even use a Beautyblender, which is pretty good when it comes to those problems.

In any case, though the product does not appear to be perfumed, I do notice a slight chemical-y scent.
As for coverage, you can go super sheer and natural, but also build for something close to medium (stubborn hyperpigmentation will require some concealer). I liked how this foundation looked very natural and skin-like in the beginnning, but the more you layer, the less natural the finish (like everything else). It was never cakey, which is nice, but the downside of layering, besides looking more made-up, is that you can look a bit fake. Especially with something like this, which I found to be a bit too moisturizing for me, building can make it feel like it is simply sitting on top of your skin. I am dehydrated oily and I think this foundation is just too much for my oilier side, as it felt a bit greasy and looked shiny. There's also the issue of making my acne scars look especially terrible.

I can't comment on oil control or lasting-power because I did take this off soon after I applied it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by sari1212

I love this foundation. It's very light and build able. Like any foundation though... The better condition your skin is in, the nicer it will look. Exfoliate and moisturize prior to applying. I have acne scars that this doesn't completely cover, so I dab on a little concealer where needed. Looks so natural! I also use an FX foundation brush which I highly recommend. You'll only need one pump for your face and it applies gorgeously.