July 30, 2014 | 992 users online

Powders - Clinique - Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this as I have pink cheeks and I like to hide them. I use a green concealer and a medium coverage foundation. Then I use this on top to set the make up.

I was suprised to see this was yellow, although it doesn't look yellow when applied. The brush they give with this is rubbish - your better off buying a decent one yourself.

This stays on all day - I know this because my make up remover pad is yellow !! This was 24 - the most i've ever spent on an item of make up. I wouldn't buy it again though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a 3-step girl and I had previously purchased the Redness Solutions Urgent Relief Cream and liked it, but it was too expensive to repurchase for how much you got. When someone gave me a Sephora gift card, I decided to try this.

It is really hard to get out of the packaging. Maybe that makes it so you don't use too much, but it is a hassle. The brush is totally useless. It would be nice if they would just give you a bigger jar and nix the brush completely.

I really wanted to like this and for it to work, but it barely made a difference on my skin. I don't have rosacea or serious skin problems, just some occasional redness from skin irritation on my forehead. I applied a little, then a lot of this powder and it just toned down the red a little bit - like any powder would. There is nothing special about this powder and it is completely overpriced. I will be returning it so I can get something that is actually worth having!

Would not recommend this to anyone. The cream is a better bet.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by elliedworak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have ruddy skin and this product does seem to tone it down. It also seems to last for most of the day. It's pretty expensive, but I will probably buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by amandamg61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really really helps tone down my ruddy skin and broken capillaries.
I did a little experiment to see how well it worked. After my morning run when my face looks like an overcooked beetroot having a seizure I applied the pressed powder to one half of my face and then waited 5 minutes and checked in the mirror.Amazing result! The half of my face I had powdered with this product looked about normal. The one unpowdered still looked like I was having a stroke. Proof enough for me.
One point though-the brush supplied is utterly useless. Use a nice big face powder brush and apply lightly to avoid a cakey look.
Highly recommended for my fellow blushers and 'glowers'.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Sena007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this alot. I have had it for over a year and there is still over 80% + in the jar. It really does work very well. The powder is soo finely milled and blends very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

this serves as a good setting powder for me and I like the yellow color it brightens my skin and offsets any grayness.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by rasbperries

This is the only makeup product I have used continuously for longer than a month or so, and I use it every single day. It's light enough that I can wear it over foundation but some days I just wear it on its own - it really does help redness for me and more importantly, it evens up my skin tone/texture and makes it feel smoother and softer. I find it works better than concealer on red spots, for some reason. I haven't tried any other similar products so I can't compare it but for me, this is the only good thing Clinique has ever done. It IS just a a little bit itchy/prickly when I first put it on (I had this problem with BE as well) but that goes away for me, I guess my skin isn't too sensitive to the ingredients? I would definitely recommend sampling it before buying to make sure it doesn't make you react. I would give it a 5, but the packaging is SO messy and it doesn't last all day (and I can't bring it anywhere since it makes a gigantic mess), but overall I found it to be a very solid product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by jennbrook

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this and liked it enough to buy the full size product. But I quickly returned it after only a several uses.

First off, toss the stupid brush, why couldn't Clinique have ditched the brush and charged less for the powder? Really, Clinique? Really?

You are suppose to use this under your foundation, at first I thought that sounded strange, but when you think of it, the point is to tone down the redness on your face, not change the color of your foundation. It can also be worn alone. Yes it is yellow but doesn't show up as yellow on my face.

It did slightly reduce my occasional reactive redness, so why did I return it? For the price it just wasn't impressive enough to justify keeping it. The single-use sample I received, was the only time I LOVED it after that just meh. So Clinique you failed to impress me once again with your Redness solutions line.

I've given up trying to find a product to combat my reactive redness. The solution for me is not to use products with irritating ingredients, nothing with a fragrance and only products with state of the art formulas. Learning about ingredients and not buying anything before knowing what is in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by jalmy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a while and I've even re-purchased. I have broken capillaries and some rosacea and this definitely reduces the redness. I use it over makeup. I also have very oily skin and it doesn't clump up like some powders can.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by muppet1

I use this most days under my foundation, it is lasting me ages and it's particularly good when my rosacea flares up as it erases the deep redness and provides good camouflage alongside my foundation but in a natural looking way.