October 26, 2014 | 1077 users online

Treatments - E.L.F. - Nourishing Cuticle Pen

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by retrea

This is a pretty awesome product. It works as well as any other cuticle pen. If you prefer to use olive oil as a cuticle oil, like I do, then it's super easy to pull off the back and put olive oil in.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I wash my hands a lot so I'm not sure about the effectiveness of this pen, but I love how shiny and healthy my cuticles and nail bed look after application. I also use it to push back my cuticle during at-home manicure. I'll repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hated this cuticle pen as the dispensing applicator was too firm and very scratchy. The sensation of the tip rubbing on my cuticles and nail beds drove me crazy and I had to throw this out. Glad I only wasted a dollar.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by kiwibop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was worried when I saw this and thought that the product would have trouble coming out. I found that the pen didn't dry up during application, but the feel of it was just as you would guess (like a rough marker). I don't like the smell of this product once it dries.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by MMnoob

This is a great product. Its just like a marker pen with a squared tip. Its an alright product, just like any other cuticle Pen.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Francescamice

Get this product - I got it and thought the pen looked dry but I got in touch with Elf and asked for advice - they said that you need to shake the pen before application and just press LIGHTLY onto your cuticles and surrounding nail area, and you will see product disperse, and ive done this and its great - my cuticles were very dry and flakey and ive been using this everyday as often as needed after washing hands etc, and within a day or so my nails have started to improve and look healthier. DO NOT BUY the expensive alternatives when this works just as good - come on ladies!!! its only a dollar in US and 1.50 in the UK, What more can you ask for!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this, as reviews seem largely positive, but I just can't. The tip of this pen is really hard, stiff and scratchy. It feels like rubbing cardboard on your cuticles, which is not very pleasant. I assume the oil itself is okay, but it was hard for me to get past the rough application to evauluate the oil. The pen seemed pretty dry, actually, and I was having trouble actually getting the oil to come out. There doesn't seem to be a difference in my cuticles. Still, I've been using this to push back my cuticles, and for that purpose it works very well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know if I got a bad pen, but this applied very little product. What actually made it on to my nails did nothing at all for them. Total crap--I want my buck back!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Jstar668

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall, this is a super affordable quick fix for flaky cuticles. All you have to do is uncap and glide along your fingers for a smooth finish. I have to say, I love this. I use it every time I paint my nails to create a smoother appearance overall.
I actually use this to push my cuticles back and it works like a charm. It seems to just dissolve my dry cuticles and allows me to wear the polish of my choosing. This is GREAT to carry in your purse and to use anytime you want a DIY manicure.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Silrayan

I don't think that the product is particularly "nourishing", as I haven't seen much if any improvement in my cuticles after a year of using it everyday....but I still really love this pen! It makes my cuticles LOOK great, and prevents me from picking at them. A single pen has lasted me well over a year! It's not sticky and it's super easy to apply.