L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.7

on 5/29/2011 9:40:00 PM

i really like this mascara. I've tried many drug store and some high end mascaras and this is one of my favorites so far simply because it is soo easy to wash off compared to the others. it doesn't smudge, it is long pasting. i'm on my second tube.
there aren't that many cheap tube mascaras out there so i will be buying this one again. however, i do not like the white side and don't use it at all. I do not like the fact that i'm paying for the white side that i don't use. i would give it a 5 and recommend to everyone i know if it wasn't for the white side..

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

i got this product because of all of the coupons i had to use in walgreens and it came with the lash boosting serum i will review that too. the mascara i do not like at all it claims to be black but its rather ashy. but the primer is the best i have had yet. so far i have tried mac prep and prime and lancome clis booster.
the brush grips every lash and spreads evenly.
its not to wet but not dry either
it does not irritate my eyes at least
helps fill out my lashes.
i just wish i could buy a tube with out the mascara

on 4/8/2011 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wasnt a fan of this product, I liked the prep white base, but it was so starchly white, that even though my lashes are naturally black, after I put the black on it still couldn't cover up the white. Maybe my formula was dried out. I use the white as a base for other mascaras when I'm going out. Also, it makes my eyes itchy if it gets in them, I think I am allergic to it. The brush is nothing special, and the only time I ever wear it is when I'm going to work and can get away with a really subtle eye. If you're craving a dramatic eye, this won't help.

on 4/8/2011 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic product! I've been wearing this daily for about a week now and I don't know how I ever lived without it. It NEVER smudges or flakes. It looks as good at 10pm as when I put it on at 8AM.

I took a previous reviewer's advice on the application process and I haven't had any problems getting nice, full, long lashes. The key is to apply the primer to one eye, then right away flip the tube around and apply the coloured mascara while the primer is still wet. I just do one eye at a time (primer & colour) and it works wonderfully.

Removal is the easiest thing in the world. Just use warm water and a gentle washcloth or cotton pad. The little tubes slide right off.

The only downfall I can see to this is that there is no such thing as a good second coat with this mascara. You have to get it on there on the first coat or it ends up looking like messy spider lashes.

I would definitely buy this again, and will continue using it for my everyday mascara.

I like this mascara, It doesn't flake or smear and it delivers the length and volume it promises. The only bad thing is that after you apply the primer, it's hard to cover up all the white parts

on 3/14/2011 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this mascara, I really do, but I prefer the L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara with Lash Boosting Serum (the blue one!). The Beauty Tubes mascara works well, but I like the other one better. The Lash Boosting Serum makes a really big difference!

on 2/20/2011 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after watching a bunch of kandee johnson videos on YouTube. That girl really knows her stuff. Everything I get works!!! Thats beside the point though.

This mascara has a primer and a regular colored mascara. The white that goes on first that gives the lashes the "tubes". Then the black gives the volume.

It's a tad hard to get off with regular make up remover. You kind of have to get your lashes wet then take it off that way. It's nice in the shower cuz you don't have to worry about your mascara making you look like a raccoon.

on 2/4/2011 5:26:00 AM

I love tube/film mascaras. So fave Clinique Lash Power and Bobbi Brown Smudgeproof have been my favorites. But those are departmental store mascaras. I wanted to get a cheaper alternative, L'oreal Double Extend Beauty tubes is not that cheap either, at RM40 (USD14) compared to the Clinique RM75 (USD25). The reason I prefer smudeproof mascara is by noon I'll get raccoon eyes. I was thrilled the first time I was introduced to Lash Power. I think so far I have purchased 5 tubes. Back to L'oreal, firstly it did an ok job, the formula was a but runny and I don't get the primer, seriously it works just fine without the primer. The wand was ok no complains there. What annoys me is the formulation. 1 month down the road it starts to smell funny and clump around the wand each time I take it out. I need to wipe it off and dip the wand again. Such a hassle. It does give you considerable length, not so much volume. Overall, it's a blah product, save your money and get Lash Power instead.

on 2/3/2011 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

my top 3rd mascara.. love the white stuff.. you have to wait for it to dry .. and use the black stuff.
pors: looks like falsies
comes off super easy when u have a bath or wash you face with lukewarm water.
IS CRYPROOF . :d
cons: have to wait for white stuff to dry.
clumps but u dont notice because of volume..
love it

on 1/31/2011 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was surprised at how much I really enjoy this mascara. Usually, I'm looking for gobs of volume, but the length and glossy-black color this imparts is just nearly enough to make me overlook the whole volume thing.
A great everyday mascara to keep in my rotation, and one I reach for fairly often.
Easy (if somewhat disconcerting) removal, yet it doesn't smudge, flake, or run down my face in the rain. A repurchase for sure.