January 30, 2015 | 2093 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Pure & Free Baby SPF 60

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Considering there is such a low content of both mineral sunblockers in this, it is surprising how white your face turns and stays that way, even under makeup. I have been trying to use this several different ways with varying success. To get the matte look it must be applied to bare skin and then it sucks all the moisture from my already parched skin. With jojoba oil underneath it looks better but stays super shiny and still shows up white with dry patches. With moisturiser pretty much the same thing.

Pros though, it does not irritate my sensitive skin and works a treat on the neck and chest area. My neck and chest are naturally darker than my face.

Your makeup also creases after a few hours in the eye area.

I am going to use it up as I'm not wasting the money even though it doesn't look the best as it's still better than no sun protection, plus as long as it's not triggering skin issues I tend to be a frugal stay at home mum. ;-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

I haven't been using sunscreen as often as I should have for the past few months, mainly because every time I applied sunscreen on my face, I would get an uncomfortable burning sensation, or my skin would get red and irritated. :( After consulting the Skincare Board, I realized that the burning may have been caused by "oxybenzone" and/or "avobenzone"... ingredients found in chemical sunscreens. So I decided to try and find a physical sunscreen that contained "titanium dioxide" and "zinc oxide" instead.

I love this. I came across this at Walgreens for around $10. Since the label said it was oil-free, fragrance free, and good for sensitive skin, I figured it was worth a shot.

It's an opaque white creamy liquid, as expected with any sunscreen, but it doesn't make my oily acne-prone complexion feel greasy at all. It dries to a considerably matte finish. I did notice a slight white overcast on my face, but after a little more blending, it didn't seem noticeable on my fair/fair-medium skin tone. And ultimately, to my delight, this didn't sting or leave my skin feeling red at all! I'm glad I found the culprit of my sunscreen dilemma.

This hasn't caused me any irritation, or clogged pores/breakouts. No weird smells. It doesn't make me look greasy at the end of the day either. I think it absorbs really nicely and stays put really well. When I sweat, or start to produce oil, I don't feel it "bleed" into my eyes or streak throughout the day. It comes in a down-facing squeeze tube, so it's easy to get the product out immediately.

A nice find. Would repurchase.

UDATE: It's been almost a month now, and I'm pretty sure I can call this HG! It has not broken me out at all, and it actually feels good to put on (no burning or stinging), so I'm never discouraged about putting on sunscreen anymore. I had some post-acne marks, and this has definitely helped in preventing any darkening/reddening. My skin tone is much more even now. I would give this more than 5 lippies if I could. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2011 6:40:00 AM More reviews by ilhwo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this for staying in the sun during the summer. I guess it did a decent job at protecting my skin, since I didn't burn and I didn't tan too much. However, I feel like any basic sunscreen could do that, and I don't really like this one. It's quite thick and uncomfortable to smooth into my skin, and I definitely wouldn't put this on my face. The white cast is the worst out of any suncreen I've used, and it never really goes away. It also takes a while for that feeling of the sunscreen sitting on my skin to go away. I do like that it's scentless, and I'll use it for my body until I run out of it, but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this as an everyday body sunscreen. It has no odor and sinks in decently. I would not trust it to keep me from burning in a beach setting, but for everyday use, it is OK and very reasonably priced. But, I have noticed that if I wear it to the gym and sweat a little, it stains my clothes. Now that I've found LRP Dermo Pediatrics Lotion, SPF 50+ with Mexoryl, I will probably stick with it, summer and winter for body.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by jasminechen

It broke me out so bad and burned my five years old son's skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by iHeartBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My reason for buying this last year was my daughter's sensitive/fair skin. She usually breaks out a bit after consistently using most sunscreens. Since this was labeled "PURE" and had physical sunscreens instead of chemical, I thought this would be a good choice for her. WRONG. Besides being chalky after applying, it had a strong scent.... that lasted even after I bathed her!! Her skin reacted, of course. I stopped using it after that, but kept it in my bathroom cabinet. I pulled it out last week
(a year later) when I ran out of my daughter's sunscreen, hoping I would be able to wash it off easily since she'd be swimming. Surprisingly, no harsh smell! I used it on her and it washed off just fine. But I checked the exp. date... and it was expired. So, I guess I only like this sunscreen when its expired, lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by psychout

I have super sensitive skin and most facial sunscreens leave me covered with small red bumps - summer is not a kind season for my skin. This sunscreen has made a huge difference. It seems that my skin was reacting to the chemicals in sunscreen, and since this contains physical barriers, it doesn't irritate my skin in the same way.

It does leave a white cast to my skin, but that's an unfortunate temporary side effect of zinc oxide that I'm willing to accept in lieu of long-lasting angry red acne. I'd just be careful to avoid any photos with this on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by MMM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is HG!!! I've tried a lot of different sunscreens. I have had crazy breakouts since I turned 31. My skin couldn't be anymore sensitive and this doesn't break me out. I love this under my studiofinish powder. It's so great I even wear it in the evenings, It's the perfect primer. It definitely minimizes my large pores. At first I think I applied too much. I found it's best for me if I put a dime or even smaller in the palm of my hand and rub my hands together and then apply to my face and neck. I'm so happy I found this. I love it!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by fanaticfringer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Zinc oxide level is too low. Offers no real protection.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by lunyc

I bought this sunscreen because I have sensitive skin, so I thought what would be better than a sunscreen for babies. It leaves a white cast no matter how much I rub it in. Very disappointing.