Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby SPF 60

3.3

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%), Zinc Oxide (4.7%) Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Ascorbic Acid, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Beeswax, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bisobolol, Butylene Glycol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethicone PEG 8 Laurate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Methicone, Methylisothiazolinone, Pantothenic Acid, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 8, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbate, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica, Stearic Acid, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisiloxane, Water, Xanthan Gum 5/21/09

on 6/15/2011 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Bought this for my kids aged 6 and 1 . My 6 yr old has eczema ... In One Way this could be one of the safest sunscreens available for her bcoz of the Zinc Oxide and titanium dioxide... But since it doesn't have much hydrating or moisturizing stuff in it , it is a pain to spread all over her body... So i use Curel or Aveeno underneath.
...
But for my 1 yr old it spreads good and i don't see white spots on her ...She's got medium fair skin...
I see white spots on my 6 yr old.. Hers is a medium dark skin... I wonder how most of the fair skinned people gave reviews saying it leaves white tint ... They could try like me , a moisturizer underneath this Sunscreen.

This Could have been better if it came in a spray form...Same good Oxides with more moisturizers ... I 'd still buy if the price is a little more with all the better stuff i said ... Neutrogena Please !!!

I have two priorities when it comes to sunblock: Block the stupid sun and don't poison me with endocrine disruptors or carcinogens.

This formula is relatively safe and I feel comfortable using it on my kids.

I am a SERIOUS sunblocker, I don't mess around so I get that you have to reapply. People who are getting burned may be under the mistaken idea that you don't need to reapply your product. SPF 60 doesn't really mean diddly; you must reapply every 2 hours or hourly if you're sweating.

Because I have to wear sunblock every day I'm uber-picky about the smell and I pretty much HATE the smell of 99% of the sunblocks out there. This one does not have an offensive smell and that is a huge plus.

What I don't like about it is that after a while it starts to show up again on your skin. After a little while I will start to see white gathering in the crease on my arm, stuff like that. I don't really care.

People have mentioned that it can be hard to rub in and make appear white. Again, I don't really care. I don't use it on my face and I would not recommend it as a facial sunblock; use one meant for the face. It's pretty thick, seems pore clogging.

In order to buy a safe (as in chemically safe) sunblock you can end up spending upwards of $20 a bottle for just a few ounces. With myself and two kids to slather all summer long this product is a great find. Let's just hope they don't discover some new deadly ingredient.

*If you have questions about the Neutrogena Pure&Free Baby Sunblock, you can message me! I'll be glad to help :)

**I have used a chemical sunscreen(Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil Free SPF45) before and the ingredients(Octinoxate, Octisalate, Oxybenzone) in it just irritated my skin and caused me to have redness, irritations, and rashes on my face. If that happens to you, I really suggest you to switch to physical sunblock. The ingredients in physical sunblock contains the active ingredients: Titanium dioxide and Zinc. :)

-----Pros:-----
Physical Sunblock
No breakouts/rashes/irritations
High SPF
Lightweight
No sticky feeling
Affordable (10$~3oz)
Packaging(Squeeze tube)
Doesn't make your face oilier through the day
Less is more!
Dries matte
Great under face makeup
Lasts all day (set w/powder) ~ I use MAC Careblend

-----Cons:-----
Thick
Can leave a white cast so don't use too much!
Can be hard to blend (Work fast!)
Lasts 1-3 hours without setting powder

on 4/14/2011 9:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I used to use Japanese liquid sunscreen. I picked this one up for my body. The price is OK and the SPF is high enough for me. However, the texture is too thick and it is hard to blend. I haven't use it on my face yet. But as I use it on my skin, it is really too thick and I need to apply a big amount on my entire body.

on 3/28/2011 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Considering there is such a low content of both mineral sunblockers in this, it is surprising how white your face turns and stays that way, even under makeup. I have been trying to use this several different ways with varying success. To get the matte look it must be applied to bare skin and then it sucks all the moisture from my already parched skin. With jojoba oil underneath it looks better but stays super shiny and still shows up white with dry patches. With moisturiser pretty much the same thing.

Pros though, it does not irritate my sensitive skin and works a treat on the neck and chest area. My neck and chest are naturally darker than my face.

Your makeup also creases after a few hours in the eye area.

I am going to use it up as I'm not wasting the money even though it doesn't look the best as it's still better than no sun protection, plus as long as it's not triggering skin issues I tend to be a frugal stay at home mum. ;-)

on 1/7/2011 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't been using sunscreen as often as I should have for the past few months, mainly because every time I applied sunscreen on my face, I would get an uncomfortable burning sensation, or my skin would get red and irritated. :( After consulting the Skincare Board, I realized that the burning may have been caused by "oxybenzone" and/or "avobenzone"... ingredients found in chemical sunscreens. So I decided to try and find a physical sunscreen that contained "titanium dioxide" and "zinc oxide" instead.

I love this. I came across this at Walgreens for around $10. Since the label said it was oil-free, fragrance free, and good for sensitive skin, I figured it was worth a shot.

It's an opaque white creamy liquid, as expected with any sunscreen, but it doesn't make my oily acne-prone complexion feel greasy at all. It dries to a considerably matte finish. I did notice a slight white overcast on my face, but after a little more blending, it didn't seem noticeable on my fair/fair-medium skin tone. And ultimately, to my delight, this didn't sting or leave my skin feeling red at all! I'm glad I found the culprit of my sunscreen dilemma.

This hasn't caused me any irritation, or clogged pores/breakouts. No weird smells. It doesn't make me look greasy at the end of the day either. I think it absorbs really nicely and stays put really well. When I sweat, or start to produce oil, I don't feel it "bleed" into my eyes or streak throughout the day. It comes in a down-facing squeeze tube, so it's easy to get the product out immediately.

A nice find. Would repurchase.

UDATE: It's been almost a month now, and I'm pretty sure I can call this HG! It has not broken me out at all, and it actually feels good to put on (no burning or stinging), so I'm never discouraged about putting on sunscreen anymore. I had some post-acne marks, and this has definitely helped in preventing any darkening/reddening. My skin tone is much more even now. I would give this more than 5 lippies if I could. :)

on 1/6/2011 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this for staying in the sun during the summer. I guess it did a decent job at protecting my skin, since I didn't burn and I didn't tan too much. However, I feel like any basic sunscreen could do that, and I don't really like this one. It's quite thick and uncomfortable to smooth into my skin, and I definitely wouldn't put this on my face. The white cast is the worst out of any suncreen I've used, and it never really goes away. It also takes a while for that feeling of the sunscreen sitting on my skin to go away. I do like that it's scentless, and I'll use it for my body until I run out of it, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/3/2010 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used this as an everyday body sunscreen. It has no odor and sinks in decently. I would not trust it to keep me from burning in a beach setting, but for everyday use, it is OK and very reasonably priced. But, I have noticed that if I wear it to the gym and sweat a little, it stains my clothes. Now that I've found LRP Dermo Pediatrics Lotion, SPF 50+ with Mexoryl, I will probably stick with it, summer and winter for body.

on 7/19/2010 10:37:00 PM

It broke me out so bad and burned my five years old son's skin.

on 7/19/2010 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My reason for buying this last year was my daughter's sensitive/fair skin. She usually breaks out a bit after consistently using most sunscreens. Since this was labeled "PURE" and had physical sunscreens instead of chemical, I thought this would be a good choice for her. WRONG. Besides being chalky after applying, it had a strong scent.... that lasted even after I bathed her!! Her skin reacted, of course. I stopped using it after that, but kept it in my bathroom cabinet. I pulled it out last week
(a year later) when I ran out of my daughter's sunscreen, hoping I would be able to wash it off easily since she'd be swimming. Surprisingly, no harsh smell! I used it on her and it washed off just fine. But I checked the exp. date... and it was expired. So, I guess I only like this sunscreen when its expired, lol.