Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 3/3/2015 10:44:00 PM

The HG of bronzers, for sure. This matte bronzer looks great for contouring or just a glow! I got it for my birthday and I LOVE it! I had tried NARS laguna bronzer and the Too Faced was just so much better. Not to mention it smells amazing, because it is made with chocolate!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Worst bronzer I have ever used, save your time & money. I can't believe all of the positive reviews.. Once applied this stuff is straight up ORANGE. When I looked at myself in the mirror when I got home I thought an Oompa Loompa was looking back at me, I was seriously embarrassed that I went out in public with this stuff sparingly applied to my face.

on 3/3/2015 10:57:00 AM

I have this in medium/dark and I am NC20-30 (depending on winter/summer) and Asian with yellow undertones. There is also Milk Chocolate bronzer which is better for those with NC/NW 15 or lower. I do not think the medium/dark is that dark at all--it's ALMOST too light for me, but just works as a good all over bronzer and contour shade, although I like a good contour so you have to layer for a strong (but natural) contour.

I would not really say that this is worth the money ($30) because there are many other bronzers which are cool-toned browns that contour well. However, I think chocolate soleil is the best of the high-end bronzers because it's just deep enough and natural looking.

It is not orangey or warm at all, it just brings a natural brown shadow to your face. I would use this for contouring, and a more warm shade for all-over bronze.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This has got to be the best contouring shade I've ever used. It's like a matte bronzer but it could be used as an eyeshadow or a brow color or even blended with a blush for a tanner look. Use it in a daily basis to liven up and arm up the color of my face. You can get a free good sized sample of this with a promo code on Sephora.com!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a great product for a natural contour on medium skin tones. It blends beautifully. I am an NC30 and I find that this creates a natural looking shadow under my cheekbones. I find the Real Techniques blush brush to be the best tool to apply this product with. Love it!

on 2/14/2015 12:31:00 PM

The first time I used this I was a bit disappointed because I felt it was more brownish than bronze. Then I realized its called chocolate for a reason. It's not exactly a bronzer but more of a brownish tone that's great for light contouring rather than a "glow". It took me a while to get used to but I really like it now. You definitely need to use the right brush since it can easily appear you are bruised if not applied properly.

on 2/8/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is luciously good! Smells wonderful and it's the only bronzer that shows on my olive skin. No orange weird look and very blendable. I use it to shade also. I'm very pleased with it and will purchase it again. Also a bonus that it does not get patchy after long wear. I have dry skin and tan easily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my new favorite bronzer! I LOVE the packaging, and the product itself in its own is like a mini pick me up because it smells SOO good (chocolatey). I feel like the product will last me forever because I use it daily but I haven't even made a dent in it! I think it's a great buy for a shimmer free broder with a nice warm undertone. PERFECT!

on 1/28/2015 4:14:00 PM

At first I wasn't sure about this bronzer, I don't like to look fake tan. But I read many reviews on not using too much of this and so far I love it. I mostly use it on my cheek bones with Laura Mercier highlighter on top and it gives an amazing glow. The smell doesn't bother me, I can only smell it for a minute. I will most likely buy this again.

this is a great bronzer for contouring and all around glow but dont use a heavy hand. Ilove the smell of chocolate ,all it takes is just a little but great product!

Popular Bronzers

Baked Bronzer
Casino
Casino

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose