E.L.F. Studio Contour Brush (Eye)

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/24/2011 9:22:00 PM

This is the one and only elf brush I love and would repurchase. I love pencil/crease brushes!! I like the smaller ones over the larger fluffy ones because i can get good concentrated control of where I put the dark shadow in the crease. , My mac pencil brush is mush smaller, this one is a larger short dome brush but it is excellent and i use it everyday.

on 7/16/2011 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this at Target since I had a couple extra bucks lying around and I am sooo glad I did.

A few months ago I splurged and bought the $25+ Kat Von D concealer after hearing so many great reviews for under eye circles (which I have a severe case of). I was so psyched to try it at home but I was incredibly disappointed because not only did it look cakey but it creased like crazy. I almost screamed in anguish and went straight back to Sephora to return it. After a bit of a breather I decided to keep it and save it for another day. Finally months later, I recalled watching the YT Make-Up guru pixiwoo use a small brush similar to this brush for her concealer and decided to give it a try and the result was...PERFECT. Absolutely perfect, I swear. I rarely ever write reviews for things unless I am really sure it works, which is not very often, but I had to rave about this. Not only does it work but now I can finally conceal those ungodly stubborn under eye circles that I've had for years.

If you are using the Kat Von D Tattoo concealer and not have had very successful results I suggest you try applying it with this little brush. Put a tiny amount on the back of your hand, dip the brush so a little product goes on and then dot, swipe, and blend under your eyes and it will blend beautifully. After that set it with any translucent powder and you're good to go!

The only reason I was thinking about not purchasing this was because of the price. I saw a Target brand brush similar to this for a dollar cheaper (a dollar is a lot for us student folk) but I didn't like the brown bristles which is a pet peeve of mine. I purchased it because I thought it looked so much more sleek with the complete black design.

I've yet to use it for eyeshadow application but if I do, I will be buying another for sure.

on 6/11/2011 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't believe I haven't done a review on this brush yet. I absolutely love this brush. I can be very finicky when it comes to brushes. I have a smaller eye and to me some brushes are just too big for my eye. I always had a hard time getting eyeshadow to look right on my crease. Also I hadn't found a lid brush that I was particularly happy with. That was before I found this brush. I own a couple of these crease brushes. I use one for lid/highlight color, crease and outer v color, while using a Sonia K brush to blend. This brush is simply amazing at color placement and it picks up color really well. Not to mention it is a steal at $3.

on 6/10/2011 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Very very soft and dense. Works well with pressed and loose eyeshadows. Perfect shape for my eyes. I love the look of this brush - so sleek. Since this is a synthetic brush I would suspect it would be good for concealer also, though I haven't used it this way yet. Feels very well made considering the price. I would repurchase though it feels pretty sturdy so I probably won't need to.

on 5/31/2011 10:38:00 AM

This is the perfect crease brush for my eye type. I have aging, hooded eyes so my crease (when I raise up my brows up high to find it!) is rather flat, and the top of this brush is just slightly rounded but not completely flat. Most crease/contour brushes are much more 'softly pointed' - too much so for my eye contour. I've owned a Bobbi Brown Contour Brush for several years but its head is cut perfectly flat and I've never gotten good results in my crease; it's sat unused for years. Applying a crease contour is soooo easy with this NYX brush that I actually look forward to doing it each day because it completely lifts up my eyes. If you have a flat-ish crease like I do, I highly recommend this NYX brush!

on 5/24/2011 9:57:00 AM

I had never used a crease brush before and was dying to try one, so I figured this one was good. I have 2 other e.l.f. brushes and think they're great. I was really surprised how well this brush works. I used it with a very pigmented dark shadow, and wet the brush, and it was basically like drawing with a sharpie. Very precise placement.
This is a great brush to add to my kit, I only wish I'd bought it sooner.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am happy to report that this brush was a great buy! I wasn't hyped about the E.L.F brand and tried some of their $1 shadows and thought they were well, just $1 quality. But, being bored in Target with money in hand turned out to be a good thing....for once. This is a terrific brush that does wonders for my crease. I was using my ecotools crease brush for some time but the bristles and a tad too soft and the head a bit too big for me. So, I was interested by the shape of this brush. When I took it out of the package, I was AMAZED on how soft a $3 brush can be! Now, this lil' guy has got be interested in trying out other Studio brushes by E.L.F.

on 4/20/2011 4:20:00 AM

One word: WOW
the best brush i have ever used for my eyeshadows. It picks up the shadow very good and its very easy to apply on my lids.
And sooo cheap! Will buy again and again.

on 4/20/2011 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Another great brush from the studio line! I use this for blending darker shadows in my crease and outer v to make the colour appear softer. I don't use it for applying shadows to my lower lash line though. I prefer a thinner brush for that. This brush is just the right density, and like the other brushes from the line, it is super soft. This is 10x better than the regular blending brush from the dollar line, and works so much better. I would recommend getting the studio line brushes. For a couple dollars more, you get a much better brush that is of better quality.

on 4/12/2011 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Application:
I specifically use this product for placing a contour shade into my crease and outer corner. I have small, hooded eyes so I find that it works better to place product precisely where I want it. The domed tip also provides a nice application and it is easy to outline where you want eyeshadow to be placed. I do find that it does not blend very well, so you will need to blend the color with a fluffy brush. ELF also suggests you can use it to sweep color on the lashline (I think lower lashline would be best) as well as the inner corner for a nice highlight. It is also great at picking up a good amount of product onto the bristles.

Product/Quality:
This is the second time I have bought this brush, because I lost the first one. I think for $3 it is an excellent buy. I have no problems with bleeding or shedding. The bristles are soft and densely packed so the application will no be flimsy. I have noticed that with the larger face brushes ELF offers the brush has come loose from the pharral (sp). Many other people have complained about this same problem. However, with the 5 or so eye brushes I have from ELF, I've never had that problem.

Pros:
Excellent Price
Precise Application
Great for small eyes
Great for beginners
Versatility
Quality

Cons:
Availability
Brush could come loose from the handle
Does not blend very well

My Thoughts:
Overall I love this brush and have purchased this brush twice (as I lost my first one). As described in the application, it makes applying a crease color super easy. I think that others with small eyes will benefit from this brush as well. Those with larger eyes can use it also to apply a crease color, or on their lower lash line as well. I think the versatility in this product will be great for all needs. The quality you get with this brush, as well as the low price, makes it well worth it! It is a great brush for those looking to expand their brush collection and do not have anything similar.

Popular Makeup Brushes