April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Contour Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by missichicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had never used a crease brush before and was dying to try one, so I figured this one was good. I have 2 other e.l.f. brushes and think they're great. I was really surprised how well this brush works. I used it with a very pigmented dark shadow, and wet the brush, and it was basically like drawing with a sharpie. Very precise placement.
This is a great brush to add to my kit, I only wish I'd bought it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I am happy to report that this brush was a great buy! I wasn't hyped about the E.L.F brand and tried some of their $1 shadows and thought they were well, just $1 quality. But, being bored in Target with money in hand turned out to be a good thing....for once. This is a terrific brush that does wonders for my crease. I was using my ecotools crease brush for some time but the bristles and a tad too soft and the head a bit too big for me. So, I was interested by the shape of this brush. When I took it out of the package, I was AMAZED on how soft a $3 brush can be! Now, this lil' guy has got be interested in trying out other Studio brushes by E.L.F.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by kedery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One word: WOW
the best brush i have ever used for my eyeshadows. It picks up the shadow very good and its very easy to apply on my lids.
And sooo cheap! Will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Another great brush from the studio line! I use this for blending darker shadows in my crease and outer v to make the colour appear softer. I don't use it for applying shadows to my lower lash line though. I prefer a thinner brush for that. This brush is just the right density, and like the other brushes from the line, it is super soft. This is 10x better than the regular blending brush from the dollar line, and works so much better. I would recommend getting the studio line brushes. For a couple dollars more, you get a much better brush that is of better quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by BeautyWithBre

Application:
I specifically use this product for placing a contour shade into my crease and outer corner. I have small, hooded eyes so I find that it works better to place product precisely where I want it. The domed tip also provides a nice application and it is easy to outline where you want eyeshadow to be placed. I do find that it does not blend very well, so you will need to blend the color with a fluffy brush. ELF also suggests you can use it to sweep color on the lashline (I think lower lashline would be best) as well as the inner corner for a nice highlight. It is also great at picking up a good amount of product onto the bristles.

Product/Quality:
This is the second time I have bought this brush, because I lost the first one. I think for $3 it is an excellent buy. I have no problems with bleeding or shedding. The bristles are soft and densely packed so the application will no be flimsy. I have noticed that with the larger face brushes ELF offers the brush has come loose from the pharral (sp). Many other people have complained about this same problem. However, with the 5 or so eye brushes I have from ELF, I've never had that problem.

Pros:
Excellent Price
Precise Application
Great for small eyes
Great for beginners
Versatility
Quality

Cons:
Availability
Brush could come loose from the handle
Does not blend very well

My Thoughts:
Overall I love this brush and have purchased this brush twice (as I lost my first one). As described in the application, it makes applying a crease color super easy. I think that others with small eyes will benefit from this brush as well. Those with larger eyes can use it also to apply a crease color, or on their lower lash line as well. I think the versatility in this product will be great for all needs. The quality you get with this brush, as well as the low price, makes it well worth it! It is a great brush for those looking to expand their brush collection and do not have anything similar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush because it looked like it'd be good for crease work, though the name "contouring brush" threw me off a little. I was previously using a Sonia Kashuk clearanced crease brush that works very well but the bristles are so stiff and scratchy. This E.L.F. one is so soft like the other Studio brushes, and it's dense enough to make it an excellent replacement for the SK one, which even on clearance was more expensive.
The brush is more of a round shape than a pointed one but it works well for getting into the crease of my eye shape (almond). It's excellent for depositing color but doesn't blend as well as I'd like, but I have a favorite fluffy blending brush anyway so it's all good.
This brush serves its purpose and is a great value (I got it for half off on the E.L.F. website), I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a decent brush. It's definitely worth it for the price, and I do use it almost on a daily basis, but it doesn't blend very well, and isn't as dense as it should be. I end up having to use a fluffier brush to blend, otherwise my eyeshadow has really harsh lines. It's really only good for packing on color in the outer corner of your eye or on your lid. You'll need another brush (try the blending eye brush from ELF) to blend out the lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by kidamnesiac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Three bucks for this? Really? I feel like I'm ripping the company off, I swear.
I'd been jonesing for a good crease brush for a while, but didn't want to drop the coin for one (yes, even the cheapie Sephora brushes are too rich for my blood). So when I happened upon this at Target, I figured I'd give it a whack. Three bucks. What can I lose? Even if it's worthless for my intended purpose, it'll be good for something.
Wellsir, it's pretty much perfect for my intended purpose. The bristles are nice and soft, so you can really get in there to work and blend the crease without feeling like your eyeball is going to pop out. It's also tightly-packed enough to pick up a lot of product in one go, and apply it with a good amount of precision.
Seriously, three bucks? Madness, you say. Worth every penny and then some.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely worth every penny. It's a soft, full brush that applies shadows like a dream. I use this to sweep color across my lid, it works great for depositing a nice opaque layer of color. I have not experienced any issues with bristles falling out or anything like that. The handle feels nice, solid and sturdy. I'm so pleased with this purchase and with all my other e.l.f. brushes. Why spend more money on brushes from brands like MAC when the e.l.f. brushes work just as good for under five bucks?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by blueroses99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this brush! Had it over a year. It's very sturdy. Soft bristles and no fall out. Perfect crease or lid brush. Also stays soft after cleaning. Crazy to think I bought it cheap at a Target.