October 31, 2014 | 754 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Coralista

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm honestly not one for Benefit most of the time, I can quite easily leave their stuff at the counter, but I do have moments of "I must have everything from Benefit" like I do with most brands to be fair....

I purchased a small gift set which included Coralista and I have to say, at first I applied it and really wasn't that impressed. I recently went back to it though and realised exactly how great this blush is on me. It looks fairly orange in the pan, at least to me, I'm very pale and had I not got a small size on a whim I probably would never have tried it at all. This blush is the answer to "morning deathliness" if you're a pale but neutral toned girl like me. I look sallow at times, and this is just fabulous at getting rid of the whole "vampire chic" look haha.

Coralista is fabulous in many ways though, not just the fact it warms up my skin in the morning. It's very soft powder, and I find it very difficult to over apply - I'm able to apply fairly liberally without causing myself to look like Bozo the clown, and this is a frequent thing for me, it's what you might call "an issue" - I'm as cack handed as they come.
Coralista comes in a really cute box with a pretty design on the front, like the other Benefit box o powders - I'm a huge fan of them, they're kind of cult beauty items from this brand, I like them a lot and I wouldn't complain if more of them landed my way.

Box o powders also have a nice smell, and for some women this might be a bit off putting, for me it's just another lovely thing about this product, I like smelly powders, it adds to my user experience and makes me feel all girly and pampered.

Colour wise I'd say Coralista is a coral (duh) pink colour, it looks more orange in the pan than it actually is on the skin, and you get a very definite gold sheen on your skin when you apply. If you don't like that kind of thing then you won't like this. It's sort of Benefits answer to NARS Orgasm I find, I'm not saying it's a dupe, i'm sure someone has tested these two side by side, but it certainly has a similar warming and flushing effect on my skin as Orgasm did for me.

The lasting power on this is really good actually, it lasts all day for me, I've previously heard bad things about these powders but nope, it's all good. I did find that Dandelion didn't show up great on me, but I honestly think that it's more of a highlighting blush than a blush in its own right. Used over bronzer it would look fabulous, I wish I hadn't given my box away so long ago now.

Coralista is a win, very happy with it. Will buy again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by ShazboTastic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love love! So pigmented, such a nice colour. It's pricey but has lasted me ages. (Easily 2 years!!) love the fact it comes with a brush for ease. I use the brush for touch ups on the go but will use my own brush at home. Box is a bit battered about but given that it gets carted around in my handbag I'm not surprised!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by drok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite blushes, but I really hate the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Chardibona

Ugh. I see all the wonderful reviews and it makes me jealous! The color looks so beautiful in the box then doesn't show up on my tan skin, just looks powdery :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful summer blush. The shimmer isn't chunky, it just gives a very nice gold/summer glow to the cheeks. It is very pigmented, so a little goes a long, long way. Anyone with tan/yellow undertones would look lovely in this blush everyday. I'm super pale, but in the summer, this blush look really great on me. I would never wear this in the winter, though, just because of how pigmented it is and how pale I am year round.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely ADORE this blush, it's my HG! All the other blushes I've tried just made me look awful, or oily, or like I have ugly red cheeks :( anyways, so let me get on with the story: So in my local Shoppers Drug Mart (I am Canadian) there's a little booth that sells all Benefit products, and whenever I walk in I just HAVE to check out what they've got. I never really noticed this blush before until I was in the market for a blush. Honestly, it's a tad shimmery, but I don't even notice it when I apply it. It gives my skin a healthy glow with my Tarte foundation. Best of all? It smells wonderful and lasts all day, I don't even need to reapply when I'm at school! The brush that comes with it is cute, but I wouldn't use it, I use my Eco tools mini kabuki blush brush for the perfect amount. Honestly, ladies, this is amazing. I recommend it 12028498237598273589235%

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

The colour is a shimmery coral pink. I applied after contouring my cheek bone and applied a small amount on the apple of my cheek with a blush brush but all that seemed to show was the shimmer so I applied more to get some colour and ended up with a very shimmery cheek! So I then tried to apply with the brush that came with it and it works much better. The colour still doesn't 'stand out' as much as I would like as it is very faint but noticeable due to the shimmer, good for a day look or to use over a darker blush as a highlight when going for a more glam look. I probably wouldn't repurchase but then I am slowly getting used to using this so am not sure.
----------------------------------------
Upon writing this review, i went back to Benefit and bought the chacha tint and apply that first with coralista over the top and what a great pair, the perfect amount of peachy blush with the shimmer/highlight from Coralista!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by carmelitta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my fave blushes ever! Before I started using Balm's FratBoy, it was my HG, and I just couldn't imagine myself not using it. I still have plenty of product left, but probably won't repurchase because FratBoy is pretty much the same thing, but more on a matte side, which satisfies me even more, but if You want additional glow, then Coralista would be perfect way to go!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by AmberValentijn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not really a big fan of this blush Coralista by Benefit.
I personally really love a good pigmented, corally blush (those are perfect for any skintone!), but this blush did dissapoint me a bit. It's not really pigmented that well, so especially on a (even) slightly darker skintone, you will not be able to see this blush in my opinion.. It's a nice blush for those who want a really subtle blush in a warm/peachy color.

The packaging, I would say, is very fun and handy. Allthough the package is made from cardboard (not that longlasting in my beautycase), i really love the pattorn and overall design. A true eyecatcher on your vanity! The blush also comes with a small brush to apply the blush. I personally like to use my special blush brushes, but if you don't own these, it's nice to have that little brush in there.

This blush is perfect for:
-Light skin tone
-Someone who is looking for a really subtle, warm blush.

This blush is not so perfect for:
-Someone who likes high pigmented products.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Karatzios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love the colour of this blush on my fair/Medium toned skin. Being usless at applying blusher without looking like someone's smacked me in the face, it's great that it's fairly sheer so you can build it up gradually. Also great that it has a brush with it. Nice texture on my skin and a bit of shimmer without looking "Disco"

Really don't like the packaging though, it's bulky and I've found that the lid tends to come off in my makeup bag when I travel with it.