October 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Le Vernis Nail Colour in Vendetta #483

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Another unique colour from Chanel, with a lovely consistency and finish. Too bad it finishes a different, darker colour than in the bottle; people kept asking what the colour is. ARG! (For reference, I always do two coats.)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by starzi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Another fantastic nail colour from Chanel. Nice dark mysterious purple colour, doesn't chip easily, slight shimmer. One of the cons is that I think it's not purple enough. It would be better if was a slightly bit more dark purple than black, you can see the mysterious purple better when under the sunlight. But overall, its a nice nail polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by happilyme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I caved and bought this. Every season there is some gorgeous color by Chanel. I love this one. In some ways it reminds me of the Blue Satin. Very dark, almost black and only shimmers in the light. I think it is perfect.

I think with very careful application, one coat would be fine. Sometimes I get a bit of streakiness with one coat, and find two better.

This one is worth the purchase. The color is lovely. And I think Chanel quality is almost unbeatable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 5:10:00 AM More reviews by kattymat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally caved and shelled out the big bucks for this nail polish. It is gorgeous. BUT:
Cons:
- the shimmer is mainly in the bottle
- two coats is a VERY dark, blackish purple
- takes a while to dry
- isn't as shiny as other chanel polishes and needs a top coat if you want it glossy.
- very expensive
Pros:
- Interesting colour. I have Lincoln Park After Dark and this has more interest and shimmer in bright lighting
- good staying power. I don't find Chanel chiptastic on me.
- THE BEST BIT: One coat shows less black, is more purple and shows the shimmer. I did basecoat, 1 coat Vendetta, topcoat and the colour was opaque and the colour more true purple WITH shimmer! It dried fast too. If you want a quick mani in a vampish purple you can do it with Vendetta.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by jessypr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yesterday I went to Chanel counter in Macy's and i try the nail polish Vendetta, is a very dark purple color with a very low shimmering ( very disappointed), only I see the shimmer in a heavy sunshine and I live in Puerto Rico. I don't buy the nail polish because the price $23.00 + tax but I found a alternative, I buy the china glaze color VIII or number 708 for $5.99 in sally beauty, I try in my nail and looks very very very simmilar without the shimmer but is the same color. and also see the color Shades of Dark by Finger Paints.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Rocksi

I heard that this chanel nail polishes work really good & they have amazing colors cant wait to go buy some...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Helenama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Agree with all the raves over this colour, I loove it! A very dark, almost black, purple with shimmer that comes out only in sunshine. Yet it is a more interesting and warmer colour than black. I have worn this at the office which felt quite appropriate and elegant worn on shortish, squoval nails - and I couldn't stop staring at my nails! Formula-wise I'm pleasantly surprised, I'm usually not that impressed by Chanel's polishes (other than their often fabulous, unique colours) but this one flowed on almost streak-free and the first coat dried very quickly and provided good coverage. I like to put on a second coat, and then some Seche Vite top coat for shine and quick drying, and I'm set! Hmm, I may even purchase a backup bottle of Vendetta, which would be the first time...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by xcaramelissa

I've recently become enamored with the color eggplant or aubergine. I was doing some shopping, found a top in eggplant, loved it and decided I wanted it on my nails. 2 months later, no success in finding a deep, rich purple color... until I passed by the Chanel counter at Nordstrom's. I instantly tried out the tester and painted my left hand. With one stroke, I could see all the beautiful shimmer in it and it was gorgeous! It does look almost black in certain lighting, but I find it easier to distinguish it from black (unlike when I painted my nails midnight blue and people assumed it was black). Only downside I could think of is that you can't always see the shimmer unless you're under very bright light.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by MadeleineRenata

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dear Chanel Co:
If you're listening, how cruel of you to once again offer such a totally UNIQUE color in your superior nail enamel that no other company can come close to... get us all to fall in love on the first date, then poof - it's gone to the land of limited editions-no more!

Vendetta is entirely unique. The best way I can describe it is exactly like a dark, midnight amethyst stone. The kind so dark you have to look several times to be sure it isn't black instead of purple? That's the color. It will read blackish in poor light - BUT with this difference - it's somehow a touch warmer and more interesting even if you don't know you've looking at purple. I wore it today (I teach Pilates and am barefoot so my clients all see my pedicure polish) and I got 4 compliments all gushing over "what color is that... it's so rich and it isn't exactly black... what is it?"

For anyone shy about stepping out beyond reds, pinks, corals... I can't say enough how much you should try this one. To my surprise, these new darker midnight shades - of which Vendetta is a stunner, they are incredibly NEUTRAL and easy to wear. They look great with paler skin this time of year, and really go with anything. Shape those nails to perfection and then stand back and smile at Chanel's genius on this exciting color. It is their new bad boy in a bottle.

It wears fantastic, and my best advice to maximize the effect is 2 coats of polish and then use MAC formula top coat for the ultimate shine. MAC's top coat is much more shiny than Chanel's and really ramps up the glossy richness of any dark polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by anglomania86

After seeing this on fashion blogs a while ago, I have been lusting after dark shades of purple ever since. So when I went to Chanel looking for purples, I was over the moon when this had finally been launched in the UK. It is a dark purple in the bottle with reddish purple shimmer and this is reflected in the first coat when applied to the nails. Second coat turns it into a dark black-purple which in my opinion is gorgeous. Great for days when you want super dark nails and a bit more interesting than black.

I have black satin and think their only similarity is that they are both very dark polishes. Black satin is completely matte and Vendetta has a purple shimmer to it. This colour is so classy, and has become my new favourite nail colour!

Chanel polishes are ridiculously expensive and I only own Black satin other than this, so only buy colours you know you will love. The Polish is the best I have ever tried and stays chip resistant for so long and usually, I only repaint when the tips of my nails are starting to show...not through chipping but through growth. Which is pretty darn good for someone who uses her hands all day at work. I've used MAC and Nails Inc polishes, and Chanel is the real winner for durability!

**For those who say it chips, I'd recommened Nails Inc base and topcoats!