Max Factor 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper [DISCONTINUED]

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 7/8/2009 11:53:00 PM

I have always rotated between Dior and Max Factor mascara. 2000 calorie extreme lash plumper is now my favorite. You can tell it does the job right when you can see your eye lashes stand out in pictures, and this one absolutely does the trick. Well worth the money.

on 7/3/2009 5:29:00 PM

Seriously the BEST mascara ever! I mean, I don't find a single problem with this! I LOVE the packaging- I think it makes it look so much cuter! It's not as cheap as the original 2000 Calorie but it's not that expensive either. I don't believe in spending $20+ on a mascara, but at the same time I'm really picky about them. This mascara gives me the most beautiful eyelashes ever! Only thing is, I really have to remove it with eyemakeup remover, whereas with other mascaras it would just come off with a little soap and water. But that's not a big bother. It gives me beautiful long, thick, and curled lashes. LOVE IT- buy it before it's all gone!

on 6/26/2009 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I thought I'd be wowed by this, but sadly I'm not. This doesn't do much lengthening and the thickening isn't all that great for me. I also find that I get some clumping if I'm not careful when applying despite wiping the end of the brush before applying. It does, however, stay on all day and does not smudge. I have noticed that I've been losing lashes since I started using this, though. It's back to Maybelling Colossal Volum' Express (despite the smell), or maybe I'll try CG Lash Blast next. I will not repurchase.

on 6/24/2009 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

MF 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper and Cover Girl's Lash Blast are the best drugstore mascara's out there. When I want thick, curvy, long lashes, I reach for Diorshow. MF doesn't give me much thickening and it doesn't curve my lashes much, but it does the trick of lengthening for sure. Not sure about PLUMPING. Love the sleek black tube. Overall this is a really great mascara. Love it and I highly suggest it if you are looking for a great Drugstore find.
Sadly, Max Factor, will begin phasing out the brand here in America early next year, though it will still be sold globally.
Stock up on this while you can!

on 6/24/2009 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bye Bye Diorshow! WoW!! I love this mascara, seperates great so all your lashes are showcased, lengthens, and gives crazy volume! It did have flaking which was easy to brush away but I dont want to be worried about that w/ a mascara. Was a little hard to remove. I'll give this one a few more chances because it looks so great

on 6/19/2009 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this mascara. I have used clinique for many years and but was looking for something cheaper. I usually do not like rubber brushes but this one seems to work. I got long full lashes with absolutely no clumping. I gave me a really nice fringe without looking spidery! Not too crunchy once dry either. I will absolutely repurchase this when I run out!

on 6/12/2009 2:46:00 PM

LOVE this! The first time I put it on I was in absolute awe of my lashes. The brush is similar to Lash Blast, but the formula is different. This doesn't flake or clump on me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've enjoyed this mascara slightly more than Lash Blast. I get a thicker-looking fringe with it. I will repurchase.

on 6/9/2009 1:41:00 AM

If I didn't have Asian lashes that can't hold a curl, I would've loved this mascara. The black of this is just a perfect shade (not over- or underdone); it separates, it volumizes (nothing crazy - this is not Diorshow), it lengthens (not for a butterfly effect, but just enough). It doesn't smear or flake. For me, this was the perfect everyday mascara. Not too dramatic but definitely places a nice emphasis on the lashes.

But my infernal straight lashes! Even with Shiseido base underneath, my lashes couldn't hold a tight curl beyond four hours. They did have a bit of curve and lift left, but I wouldn't really call them "curled."

On the bright side, I've found a different mascara - also by Max Factor- that amazingly-beyond-all-amazingly holds the curl. It's Volume Couture Waterproof. I like the overall effect of 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper better, but it's actually a miracle for any mascara to keep the curl in my lash. So I've moved on! But for those without my curl problem, this mascara would be absolutely lovely. I'm jealous.

Over the course of my 7 years wearing mascara, trying many a high-and-low-end brand, I'd never tried Max Factor. Over the past couple of months, though, they've really been blowing me away. A gem of a company (at least for mascara)!

on 6/5/2009 1:05:00 AM

I'm not a mascara type-a girl, since I have very short and thin lashes, I just wear falsies. However, my little sister on the other hand has very long lashes. I bought this for her since I read the good reviews on it- I've tried Cover Girl lash blast for my other sister and she didn't like it, but I figured I can always return this if my younger sister didn't like it. When I applied this on for her, I was surprised! This mascara didn't clump at ALL! I had no need to use a lash comb to separate the lashes- it was perfect. It lengthened and volumized it *just* enough. Not too thick, not too 'natural' either. I'm very impressed at this drugstore find!

I've now swapped one for myself- just for use on the bottom lashes. (:

Top Rated Max Factor Products