December 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think that the worst thing about aging skin is having to re-think all my old stand-bys. Even with lots of moisturizer and primers, powder foundations just aren't doing it for me anymore. I originally bought this for my mom but couldn't seem to find her regular color (Buff Beige 225) because everywhere I went in town, it was sold out. Hmm, that's usually a good but unfortunate sign. I ended up buying it in Creamy Natural 220 and decided to give it a whirl myself. Other than the fact that Creamy Natural is a shade or 2 too light for me, I have to say I adore this foundation!!! I am NC25 in Mac Studiofix and Sand Beige in Revlon Colorstay for reference. I have a tiny bit of acne discoloration and some pigmentation spots near my eyes and somewhat enlarged pores but this stuff covers EVERYTHING. If you want something that is more sheer, pass this stuff on by but for me it greatly reduces my need for concealer even for my under eye shadows. I still use a moisturizer with sunscreen underneath it and the odd thing is, this stuff wears like colorstay for me. Have no idea why, but for a cream it lasts on my semi-oily skin all day long. I really look like I have almost flawless skin with this. I will say, light touch is essential because I can see how this might be cakey if you went too heavy handed. The case sucks majorly but once I got the hang of it, it was fine. I did use this after I had spent a week going a little heavy on the retinol and I looked a fright! But, after my skin smoothed out and I wasn't flaking anymore, I just loved the way it looked. I haven't had any problems with it being too pink or yellow so I'm hoping this next shade or two up will be nice and neutral as well. I'm very pleased with this foundation. No need for a powder either!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by jawa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to foundation in the winter, although I find it a little greasy in the hot humid summer months, so it is definitely NOT for people with oily or acne-prone skin. My skin is quite dry in the winter, and I love the coverage (medium-full) and finish (I would say semi-matte. I still lightly powder it). It's bed to apply this to recently cleansed and moisturized skin to make it easier to spread and blend, because it is a thicker texter than a liquid, if that is what you're used to. It doesn't settle in lines as long as you haven't caked it on too heavily and has good staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by FabCo

Despite it´s bad reviews I decided to buy this cream foundation, based on the price and most of all spf.
I like the texture and the packaging. Unfortunately, even layering, it´s not full coverage as I expected; it looks cakey and makes my dry patches stand out.
In order to make it work I over moisturize and add some glycerine to it; this way it glides efortlessly and manages to make my skin look even and with a certain glow, with the downside it wears off really quickly.
IMO the serum is completely useless.
UPDATE: I added one lippie because after applying it with a damp sponge, the texture, coverage and overall appearance improved, but not as much to make me buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by socorroaggabao

i have a combination/acne prone skin and i find it quite hard looking for foundation that will match the color of my face/neck and my skin type. i bought this because i thought olay with covergirl? not bad. then i tried it, the first few weeks was ok but weeks have passed it broke me out. my acne became worst and i felt my face have gone so OILY. its really bad it cost me 980 plus pesos here in the philippines and its pricey here.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by MissYou009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because I have fairly dry skin and wanted a foundation that would moisturize and cover well, and I've had luck with Covergirl in the past. Unfortunately, this did not deliver.

The coverage is minimal unless you really cake it on, and it made me look ashen and grey (yuck!!). It does work nicely as a primer though. I will NOT be purchasing this again though. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect foundation, and am sad to say, this is not it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even with primer, this foundation was difficult to blend. The sponge was thin and essentially useless, and there's no mirror in the compact! I couldn't find an exact match for my skin tone, either. Honey was too light and tan was too dark. They really need more shades. Also, it's pretty expensive for a drug store brand. I'm going back to L'oreal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this foundation for over one year now and I was thinking of buying it again but the only thing that keeps me to do that is that it contains Methylparaben and Propylparaben.

Nevertheless I LOVE this foundation. I love the creamy, buttery consistency, the easy application, the coverage, the colour and the longevity. I haven’t seen any improvement of my skin in terms of anti aging effects but this is not what I look for in a foundation. It gives me a flawless complexion, it doesn’t oxidize and turns orange, it lasts all day so that I just need to blot few times in the afternoon, and it is a pleasure to apply it.

I use a good sponge, tip it into the pan to pick a very small amount and then I apply it on my face, repeating there where I need more coverage. The best effect is when the sponge is still slightly damp. It feels fresh on the skin and it leaves a dewy, velvety sensation. I have just to be careful on the area around my eyes because, even if in the first moment it looks smooth, during the day it tends to dry out.

I would really like to buy it again but I really don’t want to put parabens on daily basis on my skin. A shame.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by crumpet71

I'm surprised at the mediocre rating this product has here on MA. I tried this product on loan from my mom when my regular cream makeup overheated and melted and was very surprised at how much I liked it. I have combination skin with a t-zone that tends to get shiny after a few hours and this product actually makes me less oily. The great coverage and SPF of 22 are pluses as well. I wish the packaging was prettier but it is adequate for what it is. I also feel this minimizes any forehead lines. I was planning to purchase Revlon's CS Creme Makeup bu it doesn't have sunscreen so I may well be sticking with this!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by taynicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't like this product as a foundation, it looks cakey and feels very heavy. I used it to conceal some blemish and it worked better as a concealor now I buy this product two shades lighter and use it under my eyes to brighten them up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by dollyhorse101

This is a great foundation for the winter as it is so creamy and moisturizing. I haven't tried it in the summer though because I have other foundations I use then. I liked the finish, it was very smooth and nice, and as I have very dry skin it was perfect for it. It gives a bit of a dewy finish, but with a bit of powder its nice and matte. Overall it's a nice foundation and I really have no problem with it whatsoever, but there are a few other foundations that I prefer, so I don't think I will be buying it when I'm out. But don't take that to mean it's not a good foundation!