Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Its pretty just not what i wanted. I've been looking for a pretty pinky peach opaque nail polish. something that looks natural but visible, sadly this is not it. this is a sheer nail polish, great if you want a french manicure but not if you want color. however the polish for what it is, is beautiful. nice and glossy unlike some other brands that leave a dull look.

I do understand why some don't like this polish, it isn't for everyone!
I bought this knowing what the polish looked like beforehand (swatches)!
Since this polish is so lightly colored, and is more of a really light pink, i use this for a french manicure, it is perfect for a natural looking french mani, especially if you want the light pink tint! I either use it for the french mani or when i am not really wanting to paint my nails and want a natural look i go for this! Definitely recommend if you want something like i listed above, or maybe for something else, but i don't think everyone will like this, obviously.

on 5/4/2013 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Goes on without streaking. I was really surprised at the quality of this nail polish. It complimented my deep complexion well. I'm giving myself a American manicure with Eddie's Allure on my tips and it looks fantastic.

on 4/13/2013 4:19:00 PM

I bought this nail polish and it looked really pretty in the bottle but when I tried it on my nails it was rreeaallyy clear. I thought it was to expensive because the it took 4/5 coats to get the colour it looked like in the bottle. Not impressed

on 4/10/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know why this is such a popular nude/MNBB colour. For me, it's not a winner because:
-application/drying time same as for coloured polishes, which is annoying. It's easier to apply a good nail treatment (like Ciate) which dries off in a second and gives that same milky shine, than do the whole 2-coats + drying time in-between that I do with Mademoiselle.
-it looks really good the first day (2 coats), but by second day it's just not as nice and neat anymore - the bits around the side edges look a bit whiter, the surface of the nail is not as smooth, and the shine is not as nice.
Meh, I'd rather do the Nails Inc South Molton street.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is a GREAT nail polish but for only a certain kind of person/ occasion.

This polish doesn't exactly show up on my nails. It's just very shiny with just a hint of a color. It's exactly what I need for a professional work environment because it makes your nails look GOOD but not like casual and fun I guess. If you're looking for color on your nails, steer clear of this one but its really good if you have a business professional dress code and specially for interviews!

on 4/3/2013 2:05:00 AM

This is an alright polish, but it's not really for me. I've heard a lot of great things about this shade, and while I'll admit it is nice, it's nothing spectacular.
I used this the other day when I was staying at my grandma's house. I had an important meeting the next day and wanted to use a polish that would be neutral and look professional, so when I found this in her stash I decided to try it. Honestly, it is pretty good for a quick, easy, pretty much foolproof neutral manicure. The color is almost nonexistent -- this polish is basically clear, with just a little bit of milky pinkness to it. I used three coats to make my nails look polished, shiny, and glossy. I wish it had a little more color, but I think you could layer this all day long and it would never be totally opaque.
I did have an issue with this bubbling very badly. It bubbled so much that a few of my nails actually feel bumpy, even with a top coat on. It's not noticeable from far away, but I definitely notice it and don't like it.
I love color on my nails and I really don't like the look of bare nails, so this isn't for me. It would be a nice base for a French manicure, but I don't do those on myself so this shade would be worthless for me to buy myself. If you're very low maintenance with your nails and don't like to wear dramatic colors, then I would recommend this; just be careful with application to try to prevent the bubbling.

on 12/13/2012 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This polish gets rave reviews, but I am not sure it is worth all of the hype. I agree that is is a very nice color for the base of a french manicure, but doesn't seem to stack up for any other purpose.

The first coat has practically zero pigment. It was a slightly warmer color than a clear polish, but was still essentially clear. It takes about 3 or 4 coats to get anything remotely resembling a hint of color on the nails. Even then, the color is very subtle, giving off a "your-nails-but-better" look, and at the most, leaves you with a creamy pink, understated-but-still-there wash of color that looks better than bare nails.

For an opaque pink, I suggest Essie's "Fiji"

As for Mademoiselle, I'm not in love. It's not bad, but it doesn't quite fit what I am looking for in a nail polish. I may wear this at my wedding, using it for a french manicure -- but I don't think this will fit in my polish rotation very often.

I bought this without trying it in the store (oops) when I was looking for a more opaque pale ballet pink for work. It looked so milky and creamy in the bottle that I just assumed it was an opaque creme. Well, tried it on at home and it was SO sheer, almost clear. But not quite clear enough to prevent streaks on my 3 coat application. I just couldn't seem to get it even.
I only paid $4 at the salon supply for it. I would be very disappointed if I had paid full price. I will continue to search for the pink I want, and meanwhile, I will try this out over white tips as a french manicure, which is also a good option for my work. Perhaps it will go on less streaky when I am not trying so hard to actually make it be a nail "color". But would not repurchase. I was pretty surprised to find the color I was disappointed in had won all these awards!

on 10/6/2012 6:12:00 AM

This polish is takes a while to dry and really looks best with 3 coats.

The fully cured and dried finish is incredibly durable.

I am still wondering at the popularity of this stealth polish.

If I commit 40 minutes or so to 3 coats should it not look like I applied nail polish?

I am now looking for an opaque shimmery blue pink with lots of pigment.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Popular Polishes