October 30, 2014 | 1638 users online

Loose Powders - Almay - Pure Blends Loose Finishing Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by sweety80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder made my face look shiny and oily!
.....its not really matte!!!!! not long lasting just waste of $16 dollars!!!! i am still in search for finishing powder.....If you looking for a powder which is matte than this is not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Jenni627

I was very surprised by this product.. i bought the translucent shimmer and it is pretty amazing! It was only 11 on sale at walmart and it came with a free eyeshadow that i love too. I use this after i put on my almay foundation that i also love. lol i would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to glow a little bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by yourgirl

I read the comments here and decided to give this product a try. I have never used loose powders before, but still, I really don't like this product. It does nothing for me in regards with controlling oil production on my face. After putting it on and a car ride to work, my face looked so shiny, especially my t-zone. I thought I hadn't put on enough product, so the next day I put A LOT on. And sadly, it made no difference.

The worse part is... I bought it like a week ago... for around $13, and I wanna get something else already.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 7:47:00 AM More reviews by flirty

I got this is the translucent matte version.
I needed a loose powder and I decided to try this one because it came packaged with a free eyeshadow at Target, is 98.2% Natural, paraben free, talc free, has antioxidants and comes in recycled packaging.
Anyway, to start off with-the packaging is too cute! It comes in a white box with pink flowers on it and inside has a plastic lid with a sifter. Very portable and it doesn't create a mess. I didn't use the puff it comes with. I use my Ecotools brush to lightly dust it.
Pretty good product and it does its job of setting my foundation.it doesn't look chalky or "powdery". Just natural. You can't even tell it's on. It has not made me break out. And I'm hoping it doesn't. I'll update if it does but so far I am happy with my purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

I have this in both Trans. Matte and Shimmer and I'm a fan of them both. It goes on hella smooth and looks nice when applied with a puff or a brush. I've used my ecotools with these and they give my skin a flawless glow. The box package with the lid inside makes taking it with you wonderful. This is my favorite finishing powder from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by rhimix

I am in love with this so far! It seems most people got the matte version, which was what I meant to get but accidentally grabbed the shimmer version instead. When I got home I thought "Great...this will make me look like I have glitter all over my face", but I tried it anyway. To my pleasant surprise, the shimmer version actually just does give a slight shimmer to your face, which is very natural looking. It gives you a sort of glowy look - in fact, when I tried this I got a lot of compliments on my skin the next day! I haven't tried it on my t-zone (I never put makeup on there) but I put concealer on my cheeks to cover acne scars and put this on top and my concealer not only lasted all day but gave me that nice glow. I've only used it for a few days so I can't say anything as far as break outs yet, but for now I'll keep using it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by stitchnvixen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic finishing powder. I chose the matte version since I didn't want to look sparkly. I like the fact that there is a little lid on the dispensing area so that when I open it up there isn't a puff of powder smoke waiting to pollute my vanity. The translucent color is great on my very fair skin and it really sets my Ecco Bella foundation well. The only improvement I can possibly think is the addition of kaolin or something similar to add a bit more "matte" to it since I wonder if it will be matte enough once summer rolls around. For this oily skin in the cold as he** midwestern winter it seems to be holding up just fine. It probably isn't the most eco-friendly powder out there, but overall feels mostly natural and is definitely gentle on my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by xserenity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not that bad, but it actually didn't control my face's oil production. I used blotting paper an hour after applying this, and the paper was soaked.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I paid for $13.99 for this loose powder (in translucent matte), which is very expensive compared to other drugstore powders. But I also know this has better ingredients so I didn't really mind paying almost $14 for such a little box. I love lifting the cover off and opening up the plastic lid! Great job with the packaging, Almay! I do wish the hole to the powder was slightly bigger, but that's a minor problem. Everyday, I apply this with a powder puff (not using the tiny one that was provided) and it sets my makeup very well, but I don't think this is the product for people with very oily skin. I'm glad I don't get a dry "cake face", as I did with Covergirl's heavily scented Professional Loose Powder that I bought years and years ago. There is a tiny amount of shimmer in this product so I still look natural.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by 1petunia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the worst product I have tried in a long time. I have combo oily/dry skin, more oily though. I would never consider this product matte, plus I didn't see a difference in my skin by using this. Ususally when using a product there is some sort of difference, even with translucent products. Just mad that I couldn't wait to get this product and bought it at Jewel for $13.00!